Lakehurst industrial park NJ

Things not going to plan PVA still a bit soft under the basket liner, so cut the hole for the pit where the sand will be unloaded, used Peco inspection pit.

post-13979-0-55924900-1483880418_thumb.jpg

Then tested the building shell, to see if it looks ok, before I finish it.

post-13979-0-39876400-1483880451_thumb.jpg

Can't do much more today, looks like it an early IPA testing!!!

Ray

• Like 5

The brain works in mysterious ways, I'd just read a headline about a bob sleigh team having a drugs doping ban lifted then read your reference to IPA before scrolling down the thread to see the picture. "Rmweb in drugs doping scandle" aah well enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Up with the larks today, your right Jordan(as always :no: ) tree line to straight, i've finished to the corner and added the farm track from the bridge, going back to in un-straighten the tree line when everythings dry.

Got a dry day to day so I can spray all my tree armatures(50+) and weather them,then on with the foliage!

post-13979-0-76625300-1487491998_thumb.jpg

think it will look ok when I get the lights on the layout!

Ray

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 9

started on my "albino" trees, using e-bay tree armatures(bulk from china x 40 £6.50) and poly-fibre (soiled pillow £1.99), once glue has set , a spray of dark earth brown/grey, these will bulk the layout out with a mix of sea moss, woodland scenic and brass armatures.

post-13979-0-39371500-1487589977_thumb.jpg

Once these are done and planted ,I may get some track laid!!!

Ray

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Been painting the building for the last couple of weeks, talk about bus mans holiday!!!, just roof to glue in place then adding the detail and weathering, once this is done, it's on to laying track and fitting lights, legs and building fiddle yards!

post-13979-0-91225900-1489178117_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-10176700-1489178129_thumb.jpg

post-13979-0-36068200-1489178140_thumb.jpg

Ray

• Like 6

CNJ, let me get it finished first, on the contrary all part of the plan, 1974-76, just got to watch I don't date the layout, so I have the flexibility

attachicon.gif576px-New_Jersey_Southern_Railroad_svg.png

As you can see on the map, CNJ went right through Farmingdale, main road power was a mix of SD35-40 with an RS3, locals used RS3's, which is my plan

attachicon.gifrheged1.jpg

attachicon.gifrheged2.jpg

pictures above are out of one of my CNJ books,at Lakehurst, just further south.

if I have more impulse buys, like Conrail GP's I could do 1976-98,will wait and see.

Ray

Interesting map that, Ray. I still cannot work out how the line got from Atalntic Highlands down to Sandy Hook - there’s about a 400 foot difference in elevation and an inland waterway between them....

Nice to see a CNJ layout (one of the few companies in the USA to appreciate double-ended diesels - well, for a short time, anyway)!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic