EBMRS "Biggleswade Exhibition" 18th Feb 2017

chris p bacon

• RMweb Gold

As the New year approaches a date for the diary is the annual East Beds Model Railway Society (EBMRS) exhibition at Stratton School in Biggleswade on the 18th February 2017.

Details can be found on the club website at http://ebmrs.org.uk/index.htm

Some basic details are 

18th February 2017        10:30am - 5:00pm

Adults: £5.50

Children: £3

Seniors: £4.50

Family(2+2): £14

Layouts and Displays:  

Hergest (OO/OO9)

Narrow gauge line on Hergest Ridge in 1947

Foxbile (7mm)

Minimum space Brewery shunting layout built in 2 boxfiles

Earls Court (OO)

Fictional LMS/GWR joint station set in 1960

Gas Lane (OO)

Compact gas works layout based on facilities found at Fakenham

Hobbs Row Halt (OO9)

The classic English countryside micro-layout

End of the Line (O/O14)

A very small coal mining operation in the early 1960s

Sheepcroft (EM)

Freight only line loosely based on a real location

Cucknoe (N)

Fictitious cross country location in rural Northants in 1956-1962

Outwell Village (OO)

The intermediate depot on the Wisbech & Upwell tramway

Webber Heights (N)

Trains and trams utilising KATO track components

Ben Moor Foot Railway (O-16.5)

North Lincolnshire Peat Railway in Hatfield Moor region circa 1980

Project Iraq 2003 (1/35)

Somewhere near Basra in Iraq on 1st May 2003

Hungate Sidings (7mm)

A goods only Branch in Norfolk Fenlands in 1970s

Whitwick (OO)

DCC Steam / Diesel era in West Yorkshire in 1960s

Hawkesden Road (N)

A new layout presented by the ‘N’ gauge group from St Neots MRC

Aber-Emlyn (7mm)

GWR branch terminus set in South Wales

Cheriton Bishop (OO)

A fictitious location in Devon in steam/diesel days from EBMRS club

Ditchford Treacle Mine (OO9)

A very light hearted look at Narrow Gauge Industrial Railways

Belmont Road (OO)

A loco-shed set in the darkness and grime of the 1950s

Traders and Societies: 

Railway Memories (DVDs)

Model World

Nine Elms Models

GNR Society

Book Law Publications

Elaine’s Trains

Model Roads & Tramways

Model Bus Federation

Tony Wright Demonstration

Friends of National Railway Museum

H & A Models

Fawn Electronics

Sandy Transport Society

EBMRS Secondhand Emporium

The venue is the usual one of Stratton School, Eagle Farm Road, Biggleswade, SG18 8JB.  I'll be the muscle on the door as usual and if anyone has any questions here I'll answer them.

We look forward to seeing you all on the day.

Dave..........Chris................Dave... 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm bumping this as a reminder.

The MK show is the week before us

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118813-milton-keynes-model-railway-society-exhibition-11th-feb/

So we've moved from the traditional 2nd Saturday to the 3rd Saturday of February which will probably become our permanant date.

Preparations are well in hand for this years show (including the rota for the baking of cakes) and AFAIK all layouts booked are confirmed.

• RMweb Premium

No he's not, Ian has retired (afaik) so his space has been taken by Model World who'll have new boxed items.

If you're attending do you need a tie up bar and trough?  :mosking:

That's a shame - Ian's a really nice guy and very honest. I once saw him advise a customer (who was about to purchase one of the Hornby super detailed Pullman coaches when they first came out) that another dealer at the exhibition had them a bit cheaper. The customer handed over his money......

(No connections etc.)

Brian

• RMweb Gold

A Traffic update for the hordes of you attending our show. 

It seems there is a road closure in Biggleswade for the day of the show (and the preceeding 2 weeks) in Shortmead street, this is the road into Biggleswade Town centre from the North A1 roundabout (Sainsburys), the easiest way to avoid this is to head into Biggleswade from the Southern A1 roundabout along London Road, the show will be clearly signposted as usual.

http://www.biggleswadetoday.co.uk/news/business/planned-road-closures-coming-up-1-7786839

The link is the local paper as it does not come up on the Central Bedfordshire Roadworks site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

An Important update this evening for those attending our show next weekend.

As well as the closure of Shortmead street which I posted earlier, With one week to go we've been informed of some overrunning works at the school which precludes us using the usual Eagle farm Road entrance and the main doors. The exhibition itself will be in the main hall as well as the entrance foyer as usual, but we will be having to use a rear entrance to gain access to the school.  This also affects those arriving by vehicle.

post-4738-0-32560600-1486767306.jpg

Accessing in the normal way you will be directed along Drove Road in the direction of Potton, then a right turn into Hitchmead rd followed by a right turn into Orchard close.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.0870264,-0.2509107,575m/data=!3m1!1e3

We will signpost as much as possible, when on site we will have car park marshalls to help direct traffic and pedestrians. You can still access the school on foot via Eagle Farm Rd but will be using the rear way in off the playground.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

• RMweb Gold

I'm bumping this as it is today.

Set up went well yesterday with layouts and traders in place. Cakes are at the ready and the urns are on for a brew so we look forward to seeing everyone there.

There will be plenty of signs with the diversion to the temporary entrance, and we will have as many marshalls as we can muster to ease people in.

I'm 'the muscle' on the door as usual. 

See you soon.

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all those that attended today (and said hello on the door), we had a good day with some superb layouts and all favourable comments from purchase laden visitors as they departed.

The many signs we placed for the diversion seemed to work ok, and when we're back there next year the entrance will be finished .......we're told....

Agree, a very nice day out with some good layouts and little sign of being bashed by the backpack mob.

Not much N rolling stock on display to tempt but did buy a crane kit. Must now think of a suitable layout to use it on, with Sheepcroft being a possible starting point.

Nick

Many thanks to all those that attended today...

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year as it clashed with SWMBO's birthday treat trip to Prague - itself not without model railway interest, having the giant 'Kingdom of Railways' model in the city and a chain of Výtopna restaurants which deliver your drinks to you in G gauge trains - I'll be expecting cake delivered by train at Biggleswade next year! 

Archived