Tinner's Forge

Lovely project, Stubby! I still have a strip of these LEDs left over from my first lighting experiment in one of my CakeBoxes. At some point, I think I’ll have a go at a boxed-in Micro Layout like yours. I like to base mine on real locations and have identified two or three already. Oh dear, all  these ‘AnyRail’ plans waiting to be brought to life!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I like the layout because it's a single board. Yes, it was designed to fit in the estate car boot, which determined the overall length & height, but it still gives plenty of scope for a variety of scenic finishes and buildings.

• Like 3

Here you go then......

some rain to compliment the atmosphere

1388634923_20190820_082335.jpg.790207d76af14649e1aee48a57c9f1ca1.jpg.40e882113c3bea4c345c308147e33ae4.jpg

Makes me shiver just to look at it.

Seems to be set for a while, can't see any break in the cloud at the moment!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, KNP said:

Here you go then......

1388634923_20190820_082335.jpg.790207d76af14649e1aee48a57c9f1ca1.jpg.40e882113c3bea4c345c308147e33ae4.jpg

Just drive over to the other coast. It'll be fine there.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Only an hour! You were short changed, should have been a couple of days at least.

Haha, Sitting outside at the Tre Pol and Pen on the A388 at Lezant, but it was to hot, so moved under cover, and 5 minutes later it started to rain.:yes:

image.png.f4e5abf00c6551f8dcde823776edba4c.png

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Having weathered two more recent wagon purchase for TF, I set up a small photo area today and proceeded to take a pic of all the TF/GWR wagons, prior to uploading and inserting into a Publisher document, to produce the necessary 'playing cards' for the inglenook shunting puzzle that is TF.

Except our work's policy denies access to external hard drives / memory sticks / cards so I'm not able to upload the pics...

So I will have to do this tonight, create the publisher doc, which I can then email to work to print out tomorrow, which I can then take home to laminate.

Talk about faffing around...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

You can drive TF with one hand if you're feeling withdrawal sysmptoms :)

Hope you're well insured as I might even take you up on that....

Don't think I've driven a layout left handed before !!!!!!!

See you on the weekend sometime

Cheers Bill

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

An example of the cards used to 'play' Inglenooks.

card_examples.PNG.be0780379af3e3c4a824a4c7014ea874.PNG

For the 8 wagons on the layout, these get shuffled and 5 are picked and stuck to blue-tac on the layout facia, ready for the next game.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
On 20/08/2019 at 09:14, KNP said:

Here you go then......

Summer weather your way looks like ours!

• RMweb Premium
On 22/08/2019 at 17:05, Mikkel said:

Nice cards.

I've sometimes wondered if we could play Inglenooks on here, using some simple bit of software and taking turns to make a shunting move.

With cards you can get the kids to pick the first four and then get their nice looking mum to pick the last one. All in the art of interacting with the paying public and entertaining them of course.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Points didn't work, track has lifted, coupling hooks sticking up, coupling loops drooping, track very dirty plus very hot and bright and awful shadows on the backscene.

Put a sheet over the layout top not long after the photo, made it look much better but didn't improve the running.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

Hi Stu

It was great catch up with you again & had a couple of really nice chats.....

It's a great shame you were having problems as the layout looked superb......

SWMBO was most impressed especially as she instantly recognised the main building having driven past it many times.....

i took a few pics but the shadows cast by the shades caused a few problems so here are the best...

IMG_6912.resized.JPG.ec2176baa7b092c17c6ddcaeb7c085e2.JPG

IMG_6915.resized.JPG.ca624a4db5c29bbd476b114b514636f4.JPG

IMG_6917.resized.JPG.af1c66b3cf7b4c30914fe9733d4d0739.JPG

Although not perfect the light effect is similar to how it looks just before a storm down here where the sky goes black but the sun shines brightly through the gaps in the heavy cloud & picks out small areas of brightness.....

Any way keep up the good work......

The modelling is excellent & SWMBO & I both enjoyed Tinners Forge....

See you soon

Cheers Bill

IMG_6919.resized.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Points didn't work, track has lifted, coupling hooks sticking up, coupling loops drooping, track very dirty plus very hot and bright and awful shadows on the backscene.

Put a sheet over the layout top not long after the photo, made it look much better but didn't improve the running.

Hi Stu

I tried your sheet method, couldn't see if the running had improved as the layout was covered in a sheet. It didn't even look any better because of the sheet. Not sure anyone wants to see photos of a lumpy sheet. 

Must have done something wrong. 

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1