Tinner's Forge

• RMweb Gold

So apart from 50% of the point motors failing this morning, not a bad weekend at the Bodmin show.

The point was fixed with blue tac, a paper clip and a length of plastic tube.

I think I'll replace the Seeps with servos, as well as moving the control panel to the other end of the layout.

All before the show in January. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just now, Alister_G said:

Not much actual weed?

Nicely overgrown though.

Al.

No, it is mainly grass, but there is scope for more greenery to be planted.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Don't over do it, sometimes more is less!

Definitely,  but a few flowering weeds and some broader leafed foliage wouldn't go amiss.

Elsewhere around the layout there are other areas to enhance, not least the bare trees and some of the fencing.

But the there's  T-CATS to finish, and the PSMT, and the Harbour layout to build and a Scottish themed layout, and I've just been pondering on making wagon turn tables work with rope haulage into the warehouse...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

making wagon turn tables work with rope haulage into the warehouse...

A strong magnet, on a stick, under the track will attract the wagon axles. You can then move the wagon by moving the stick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

A strong magnet, on a stick, under the track will attract the wagon axles. You can then move the wagon by moving the stick.

I've previously used a bicycle spoke, but I'm thinking some thing a little more automated.  As I use tension locks, I should be able to add a loop to a wire to pull/push on the vertical part of the hook and thus move the wagon.  I need to experiment, but I know what I mean.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I've previously used a bicycle spoke, but I'm thinking some thing a little more automated.  As I use tension locks, I should be able to add a loop to a wire to pull/push on the vertical part of the hook and thus move the wagon.  I need to experiment, but I know what I mean.

Yes, that would work. I was thinking of something that couldn't be seen in action.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Things are getting back to normal.

I have just been invited to bring a layout to the Cornwall Model Railway Exhibition on Oct 31st, so TF will be collected from the loft, dusted down, fixed where necessary (there is a rogue point motor I seem to remember) and dragged out in front of the paying punters once more.

Oo-er, best get a move on.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Things are getting back to normal.

I have just been invited to bring a layout to the Cornwall Model Railway Exhibition on Oct 31st, so TF will be collected from the loft, dusted down, fixed where necessary (there is a rogue point motor I seem to remember) and dragged out in front of the paying punters once more.

Oo-er, best get a move on.

Hi

Look forward to seeing you there....

Not had an invite so be nice to go as a visitor as a change....

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

TF has been retrieved from the loft in preparation for it's outing at the Cornwall Model Railway show at Carn Brea on Sunday 31st October.

It needs a good clean, the one duff point motor replacing and the backscene re-attaching.

20211016_174830.jpg.672f25178d4303ee3d37e57a12bee958.jpg

Oh, and a new lighting rig and a roof.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 19

• 2 weeks later...