Kadee Voyager Couplers

Hello guys!

I got my Bachmann model of 220001 back in 2004ish when I was still a child, anyways I broke the front delner coupler on one of the units. Could anyone point me in the right direction of a suitable replacement which would also allow me to couple it to other units?

Thanks

Matthew

The Delner coupling on the model was just a plastic moulding, so if you actually want to couple to another Class 220 to make an 8 car set, then you will need a working coupling of some form.  Personally I'd use a Kadee coupling, as that is what I'm currently using to allow my fleet of Class 158 and Class 170 multiple units to actually work in multiple and I don't think the Class 220 should be any different.  Unfortunately I haven't made any modifications to my Class 221 (mainly because I don't think I'll ever run more than a five / six car set), so I can't advise on the best Kadee conversion for this particular model, but I would look at the #14x series of whisker couplings.

I could have a look at my Class 221 with the selection of Kadee couplings that I have, but that would have to wait until 2017.

Archived