Castle

Hi All,

Well, it's that time of year where Castle offers you a look round the great GWR toy box that is Didcot Railway Centre on Sunday 30th July 2017! All the usual treats are on offer including in an in depth tour through all our exhibits and workshops, the unrestored wagon and coach collection, the annual special guest appearance by Stationmaster Mike in one of 'his' signal boxes and a chance to look at anything you want that isn't moving or on a running line. I don't currently know what the rostered motive power will be but I will let you know when I know! Anything that is moving or on a running line can be viewed after the toys have been put away at the end of the day by just asking and being prepared to hang around a bit afterwards! If there is something special you would like to see, measure or photograph for current or future projects then please let me know and I will see what we can do. The answer is nearly always yes, no problem!

We are also entering into intercontinental visitor territory as we will be welcoming Mr On The Branch Line and his good lady to that little corner of an Oxfordshire town that is forever GWR. So, if you want to come and have a first look round, meet up with fellow RMWEB members, see how we have progressed on some of our restoration work up close and / or just come a long to have a good look at the premier collection of GWR rolling stock with knowledgeable guides (and me!) then book a spot by either posting a reply here or sending me a PM.

We usually start up by meeting at the main gate at 12:00hrs so everyone can have a ride on the trains before hand and then go all afternoon until about 16:30 - 17:00hrs. Children are welcome and in fact are encouraged as long as the supervising adult looks after them as we will take you behind the scenes.

I look forward to see you there for some 12":1' scale fun!

All the best,

Castle

Nos. 4079 and 7202 (amongst MANY others!) await your inspection!

post-14393-0-85035600-1483632746_thumb.jpeg

post-14393-0-61936100-1483632843.jpg

Edited by Castle
  • Like 11

Hi All,

Hi Drew Happy New Year Buddy

Can you put me down for a front seat please I must get in the signal box this year to pick Mike's brains.

Regards Bob

You got it Bob - just the one? Happy new year to you too!

Hi Drew

Edward and I would be delighted to attend again. He is developing a worrying liking for locos painted apple green that needs nipping in the bud!

David

That's two for you good sir - no worries!

All the best,

Castle

Hi All,

No doubt I shall be bringing my lad - unless he has by then been passed out as a Signalman on a somewhat smaller gauge railway

http://www.cockcrow.co.uk

Size isn't everything... I kind of don't need to count you and the 'Stationmaster Clan' as attendees now Mike, you are part of the tour team that makes the day such a succes!

Having been forced by work commitments to miss out last year, please can I book a place (just the one!) for this year?

Thanks,

James

You got it James - I look forward to seeing you!

All the best,

Castle

Edited by Castle

Hi Terry and Bob Mk. II,

No problem - it will be great to have you both along. Terry, if you can't make it later on, just let me know!

All the best,

Castle

Edited by Castle

• RMweb Premium

Can you pencil me in for a place? I can't guarantee attendance this far out from the date, but I would like to try and make it now that I've been back in work for a bit.

Hi All,

Will be there with bells on, really happy that our trip schedule coincided with that date.

Well, you were in the area and wanted to have a look round and it seemed silly that you come all this way and not come and meet a few of the RMWEB mob while you are here! Glad to have you aboard. The question is, will anyone else ever be able to beat OTBL's greatest distance travelled record?!

Yes please Drew. Should be sure fire attendance this year, now we are living just down the road.

Regards,

Andy.

Great stuff Andy!

All the best,

Castle

Hi Andi,

Pencil me in please, I may have to drop out nearer the date dependant on work but I'd like to come if I'm free

Andi

No problem - the more, the merrier! I should have my full compliment of guides so I can take a large group this year!

All the best,

Castle

Hi All,

I'm surprised more people haven't signed up.

It's a bit early yet - it is 6 months away at the moment. People don't always know if they are free at this distance in time. There will be lots of people to meet!

Can I come on the play-date please?

You most certainly can Mr 28XX! See you there!

All the best,

Castle