Castle

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

I can confirm that BPC is at the back of 1 Road behind No. 6998 and is available for photography!

All the best,

Castle

I which case, I will be doing a bit of photography of BPC :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Drew how are you for spaces I've an old friend who is going to Railex with me tomorrow if the railway bug bites him he maybe up for the tour in July.  :drink_mini:

• Like 1

Hi 81C,

The more the merrier!

All the best,

Castle

PS: A small sample of the No. 4079 team were in attendance at Railex today and much fun was had by all!

Edited by Castle
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam,

I'm sure we can arrange something! It might have to wait for the end of the tour but as long as that is ok, I'm sure we can sort that for you.

All the best,

Castle

• 1 month later...

Damn and Blast!  I had completely missed this thread......it might have changed our plans for our trip home.

We did get to Didcot at the end of may, amazing place and took soooooo many pictures.  Also got to Steam in Swindon too, oh and the NRM........

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

Mark.

Hi Drew

Many thanks for a brilliant tour today, thoroughly enjoyed it. And thank you for allowing me to take with me a lump of proper Welsh steam coal, now I need to get some 16 tonners for it to fill!

Thank you once again,

Liam

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to all the people who showed us round, helped out and generally contributed to what turned out for me a very informative and enjoyable day. I just had to retire after the workshop tour, so missed the C&W, turntable and broad gauge. Please run it again next year so that I can catch up on those bits.

It was great to see a blue King close up as well.

post-7024-0-37833000-1501437952_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Very enjoyable afternoon, thanks again for showing us around.

Already looking forward to next year, going to bring along no1 daughter for the signal box and the shed (though the coach shed will be a little much I think)

I took my 4yo around the carriage shed last year - he was fine... he had a party this year so couldn't make it.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Rick earlier - we must have been in different groups.

A "me too" post echoing Stationmaster. Many thanks to Drew for organising and to Ali, Lee and Laura for their tour of the workshops

David

Hi All

Another excellent day thanks Drew and Ally and Lee did a grand job (including proving that 4079 isn't the only engine at Didcot undergoing restoration/overhaul  :jester: )

Cheeky! What can I say? I'm kind of attached to the old girl...

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone - the gang and I are pleased you all had fun.

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1