Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 25th/26th November 2017

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Just to whet the appetite a little..

This year's Warley National Model Railway Exhibition will be held on Saturday 25th November and Sunday 26th November 2017 again in Hall 5 of the NEC. As the show is finalised the web pages below will be updated.

http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/index.html

This year sees 50 years of the Club and also 50 years since the first show organised by the Club.

The demonstrator area will also have some major changes this year to allow us to look at how Railway Modelling has changed over the last 50 years and also how it will continue to change in the future.. more news as time progresses..

Baz

Edited by Barry O

Coincidently it is also 50 years since MERG was formed too. If you have layouts booked that feature/use MERG systems grouping them together like you did for scalefour society last year might be good.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to whet the appetite a little..

This year's Warley National Model Railway Exhibition will be held on Saturday 25th November and Saturday 26th November 2016 again in Hall 5 of the NEC. As the show is finalised the web pages below will be updated.

http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/index.html

This year sees 50 years of the Club and also 50 years since the first show organised by the Club.

The demonstrator area will also have some major changes this year to allow us to look at how Railway Modelling has changed over the last 50 years and also how it will continue to change in the future.. more news as time progresses..

Baz

As this was posted today, you must mean this year’s Warley Exhibition will take place on Saturday 25 November 2017 and Sunday 26 November 2017 in Hall 5  

• RMweb Premium

As this was posted today, you must mean this year’s Warley Exhibition will take place on Saturday 25 November 2017 and Sunday 26 November 2017 in Hall 5  

That is what is says in the title for the thread so yes it is...

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully I have got the dates and times correct on the Demo invitations sent out today! Due back by the end of February - the race is on to see who gets the paperwork back first! 

Baz

• 1 month later...

Advance tickets will be available by post from Warley Club later in the year as usual. There are often advance tickets available from either the Warley show stand or Warley layouts at other exhibitions. Sorry but I don't know which exhibitions will have them available.

Note - Ticket Factory does charge a £1.50 fulfilment fee – more than 2 x 1st stamps!

Would that be the same Ticket Factory whose webshite does not always allow one to buy advance tickets for Warners shows?  I think I will get mine from Roger Carpenter at Scaleforum.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good idea Chris as we have:

93 Layouts,

3 Locos (full size)
and 18 Displays

booked and attending so far.

A new slant on demonstrations is also in hand...watch out for more news.....

Baz

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

As I mentioned previously the Demo area this year will be somewhat different to those seen at previous Warley (and other) Exhibitions.

Not only hands on demos but lots of other things too....

All demonstrators are now sorted as is their accommodation. 

Mick - yes your table will be flat and will be the same shape as last year...

Baz

As I mentioned previously the Demo area this year will be somewhat different to those seen at previous Warley (and other) Exhibitions.

Not only hands on demos but lots of other things too....

All demonstrators are now sorted as is their accommodation. 

Mick - yes your table will be flat and will be the same shape as last year...

Baz

Oh stop it, you're making me jealous! Last year I didn't notice any 'hands on' demos, but perhaps I was too soon or late. I can't go this year, and I'm not quite sure sending a drone in to Hall 5 is a good idea either. . . :no:

This will be the first outing for Warley club's new G scale layout, Hortus Halt. It can however be seen running along with many other layouts at the Warley club open day on July 2nd. In complete contrast to the NEC event this is a small friendly day designed for viewing and chatting about model railways in a relaxed manner. There are normally around 200 or so visitors and admission is free.

post-12189-0-08831900-1497509349_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good idea Chris as we have:

93 Layouts,

3 Locos (full size)and 18 Displays

booked and attending so far.

A new slant on demonstrations is also in hand...watch out for more news.....

Baz

Any thoughts of an RMweb members area ?