Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 25th/26th November 2017

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Don` t get the meaning of this thread.

Neither do I, thought it was the Warley thread.

Oh wait a minute, it's the dreaded thread drift.

Forum equivalent of Japanese knot weed. :)

This was my Warley goodie bag, survived just enough to get back to the car.

It did good though, it held 16 locos, 8 Coaches, 12 sets of Gibson LMS pony wheels, 1 Class 52 body, 3 water towers, 1 fueling point and 1 cardboard coaling stage.

(I think it was the cardboard coaling stage that over did it).

Good day shopping.

Admittedly much was from the Bachmann returns stand, but at £45 for a Compound (I bought two), £50 for a “Giggleswick” Patriot, £40 for an E2, £70 for a class 47 I couldn’t refuse. Highest I paid was £100 for Madras. Afternoon on Sunday there was some very good deals there, the more models in your hand, the better the discount.

Some of the prices you quote seem much less than I recalled seeing first thing on the Saturday at the returns stand. The prices I saw were mostly pretty high, indeed people were commenting that other traders in the same hall were selling some brand new items at lower price (with detail packs and full warranty too)! There wasnt too much stock shifting, I glanced by later on the Saturday and there were still piles of stock, normally by that time the stand is mostly all sold.

Overall (and of course its always a personal opinion based on layout preferences etc etc) I thought the show was a very good show but not one of my best Warley's ever.

I look forward to 2018...

Edited by sanspareil

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

sclae locos?, do you have any info about them please?

There isn't a website listed in the Warley Show guide

However there is an address:

6, Colson Green

Loughton

Essex

IG10 3RH

Phone:

0208 508 9268

Edit: Might be Colson Road as there isn't a Colson Green on Google maps but it is a private house so obviously not a shop.

Keith

Edited by melmerby