Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 25th/26th November 2017

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

I find it frustrating that by buying my ticket through Ticket Factory that any saving by buying in advance is gobbled up by their fulfilment charge. The only thing I gain is an extra half an hour early entry for my 16 sheets.

I find it frustrating that by buying my ticket through Ticket Factory that any saving by buying in advance is gobbled up by their fulfilment charge. The only thing I gain is an extra half an hour early entry for my 16 sheets.

At least you gain something, the first train I can get will get me to International at 09:20, so by the time I get to the hall I gain precisely nothing.

I can always console myself by whacking people with my rucksack!  :jester:

• Like 1

My advance ticket cost me £14.50.  I got it from Roger Carpenter at Scaleforum.  For reasons not unconnected with certain Warner-run shows I am no fan of Ticket Factory.

Chris

Edited by chrisf
  • Like 1

You don't have to go through the Ticket Factory. You can send a cheque to Warley club and get tickets. All it costs is a letter to the club and an SAE for return of tickets.This is better for the club than going through the Ticket Factory. Or, as has been stated, it is possible to pick up tickets at some exhibitions where there is a Warley presence (make sure it is a genuine Warley person selling tickets). Roger Carpenter always has them available.

see http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/ticketoptions.html

Order tickets By post

NOTE we are unable to accept debit/credit card applications at this address.

Warley National Model Railway Exhibition

Advance Ticket Sales,

86 Gospel End Road,

Sedgley,

Dudley,

West Midlands,

DY3 3YU

Tel: 07444 539 460 (This number is not staffed, so if you need a reply please sent a text message.  It is only for queries relating to advance tickets, more particularly those ordered from the above address. If you purchased your tickets elsewhere, please refer to them for more information.)

Email: for queries, NOT to place an order

When ordering by post please enclose a DL size (218mm*110mm) stamped addressed envelope. Failure to enclose an sae will result in a delay in your receiving your order. Be sure to use the correct postage for the envelope you are using. Applications incorrectly stamped and incurring excess postage, will not be collected from the Royal Mail.

Cheques and Postal Orders to be made payable to Warley MRC Exhibitions Ltd.

Final date for receipt of advance ticket orders to the above address is Friday 10th November 2017. We cannot guarantee despatch of tickets after that date.

• Like 1

You can also order a show magazine when you order tickets from the club. The magazine and floor plan will be posted to you shortly before the exhibition (on 14th November) giving you time to plan your route around the exhibition in advance.

Edited by Chris M

You don't have to go through the Ticket Factory. You can send a cheque to Warley club and get tickets. All it costs is a letter to the club and an SAE for return of tickets.This is better for the club than going through the Ticket Factory. Or, as has been stated, it is possible to pick up tickets at some exhibitions where there is a Warley presence (make sure it is a genuine Warley person selling tickets). Roger Carpenter always has them available.

see http://www.thewarleyshow.co.uk/ticketoptions.html

Order tickets By post

NOTE we are unable to accept debit/credit card applications at this address.

Warley National Model Railway Exhibition

Advance Ticket Sales,

86 Gospel End Road,

Sedgley,

Dudley,

West Midlands,

DY3 3YU

Tel: 07444 539 460 (This number is not staffed, so if you need a reply please sent a text message.  It is only for queries relating to advance tickets, more particularly those ordered from the above address. If you purchased your tickets elsewhere, please refer to them for more information.)

Email: for queries, NOT to place an order

When ordering by post please enclose a DL size (218mm*110mm) stamped addressed envelope. Failure to enclose an sae will result in a delay in your receiving your order. Be sure to use the correct postage for the envelope you are using. Applications incorrectly stamped and incurring excess postage, will not be collected from the Royal Mail.

Cheques and Postal Orders to be made payable to Warley MRC Exhibitions Ltd.

Final date for receipt of advance ticket orders to the above address is Friday 10th November 2017. We cannot guarantee despatch of tickets after that date.

Yes and that's 56p x 2 on top for the postage plus two envelops. So you are back to the Ticket Factory charge.

• RMweb Premium

For reasons best known by others the information on the demo area at Warley didn't mention A56 the other "demo layout" which is focussing on the rail scene in 1967..50 years ago.

Specially built for the show it will.......well perhaps you need to visit to find out more....

Baz

Today I went to the NEC obviously not for Warley (unfortunately) but for the Caravan and Motorhome Show. This utilises halls 6-20 and is packed with campervans, caravans but also there were some boat sellers and Jeep had a trade area (well it makes sense to buy your caravan at the same time as something to pull it with).

Anyway, to get to the point in those halls the lighting was a heck of a lot better than in hall 5. Only in one of the passageways did I spot the dreaded sodium lighting, and everywhere else was using better quality lights or even LEDs. Perhaps the NEC might change the lighting in hall 5?

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps the NEC might change the lighting in hall 5?

I was in Hall 5 last weekend for the Grand Designs Show and it did seem a lot brighter - but then again many were professionally produced stands with their own lighting so that obviously made a difference but in the open areas I didn't notice the orange glow . . . 

• RMweb Premium

Today I went to the NEC obviously not for Warley (unfortunately) but for the Caravan and Motorhome Show. This utilises halls 6-20 and is packed with campervans, caravans but also there were some boat sellers and Jeep had a trade area (well it makes sense to buy your caravan at the same time as something to pull it with).

Anyway, to get to the point in those halls the lighting was a heck of a lot better than in hall 5. Only in one of the passageways did I spot the dreaded sodium lighting, and everywhere else was using better quality lights or even LEDs. Perhaps the NEC might change the lighting in hall 5?

Was it actually better hall lighting or were the individual stands themselves better lit that the average layout?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I think on board lighting is esssential for most layouts and most layouts these days have this. Many exhibition venues have dark corners and none of them have lighting designed for a model railway exhibition. Also, if a layout has good lighting it will always be seen as the builder intended. On my last layout I built the lighting before building the scenery. The scenery is then built under the lighting conditions it will be viewed in.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Just for fun a few stats to take in 1200 chairs - 300 for resting areas, 690 trestle tables and 40 rope and pole barriers for visiting locos plus  nearly 500 metres of walling scheme ordered for show.

Looking to be the best yet . The small traders "village" has been turned through 90 degrees this year to help visibility and flow of happy folk- well that is the plan after feed back.

Not bad for a club show !

see you all soon

Robert  

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I'll have this model of the Marchwood Down Home signal, with others, on my Demo Stand.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/59687-semaphore-signals-4mm-scale-mainly/page-36&do=findComment&comment=2903935

Come along for a chat and get "Hands On".

Steve.

Edited by Steve Hewitt
  • Like 3

Exhibitor badge arrived today.

Demo models/stock is being considered.

Cheers

Mick

If you’ve room in your box could you squeeze a YKA Osprey wagon in? They’re next on my “to-do” list!

Cheers

Edited by sdw7300

• RMweb Premium

Let's guess.

Just for a change - something blue and pale grey?

Maybe

If you’ve room in your box could you squeeze a YKA Osprey wagon in? They’re next on my “to-do” list!

Cheers

Will try to remember.

Anything you like as long as it isnt yellow!

That should narrow it down a bit!

Some chance.....

:onthequiet:

It will be - as my workbench  thread says - "mostly yellow", but there will be some other colours involved.

The main thing is that the techniques I will be demonstrating are applicable to all scales, eras, gauges and colours.

Cheers,

Mick 

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

More items acquired for the 1967 shop. This on is Triang controller, still in it's box. What a difference to what is available now.

Make sure you come and see the shop.

Baz

• Like 1

I was thinking about going but , unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, there are but 2 " modern image " layouts in 4mm ( and 9 N gauge ).

Is there really only 2 MI in the most popular scale covering the last 50 years ??