Farish announce C Class, all new 8F, refurb Class 31, Thompson coaches and TEA

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Response from Hatton's:

I have spoken to my line manager who has stated that the item 371-163ds is not being produced it has been completely stopped by Bachmann.

Surprising they have dumped the sound fitted version so soon after announcing it!

Tom.  

Response from Hatton's:

Surprising they have dumped the sound fitted version so soon after announcing it!

Tom.  

I dropped Bachmann a note for clarification of this as it seemed odd to me. Their response:

I can confirm that this model (372-163DS) remains firmly part of our plans for the Graham Farish range and I’m sure it is available to pre-order from many other Bachmann stockists.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy.

This is the second time this has happened with Hatton's now. Not sure where the problem is, but have sent them Bachmann's response.

Tom. 

• RMweb Gold

Just had a call from Hatton's, seems there was an issue with an erroneous digit in their system, so pre-order re-instated. 

Tom. 

Edited by TomE

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy.

This is the second time this has happened with Hatton's now. Not sure where the problem is, but have sent them Bachmann's response.

Tom.

You should pre-order from the Gascupboard Tom, Dave will sort you out.

Jerry

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to a couple of C class loco's. However it has me wondering about using the chassis for an O1. There's bound to be an unpopular one going cheap at some point. They share 5'2" drivers but hows the footprint if I scratch build a tender?

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hope Andy doesn't mind, but the N gauge specific stuff from the Bachmann open day is below:

In N gauge the Class 40 which is now in production looks excellent and we were treated to a demonstration of the DCC sound development work with 26 different sound functions; it packs a lot of punch!

post-1-0-84686200-1499330323_thumb.jpg

The first EP samples of the N gauge Birdcage stock were on show and these are likely to be available in the second quarter of 2018.

post-1-0-18827200-1499330358_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-65319200-1499330360_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-48763600-1499330366_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26231500-1499330372_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-09484500-1499330376_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-01267200-1499330379_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-18070300-1499330388_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-69277100-1499330396_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-39871100-1499330399_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-02872900-1499330403_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-82990400-1499330408_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-54611000-1499330416_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-41801600-1499330424_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-83206700-1499330435_thumb.jpg

CAD work was shown for the C Class in N Gauge and the TEA 100T tankers.

post-1-0-40806200-1499330328_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-20422400-1499330501_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

They're not my period, they don't fit my current layout or anything I had even considered as a future project, but I am just drawn to that Birdcage stock, especially after seeing the finished OO samples in the main thread. 

Hmmmmm!

Tom. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Surely there's a major item absent from the Farish list? The Freightliners in N-gauge! Or did I dream it?

I think you may have dreamt that, in N Gauge at least. 

RevolutioN are doing the PFA/KFA container flat, thinking of that one perhaps?

Tom. 

Tom. 

Yeah, agreed. But let's hope the dream comes true.

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Tom. 

No Tom, it's the FFA and FGA for me please.

The Class 40 is already a "must have" for me and thankfully from all accounts an easy sound fit as mine will be a green one.

What has absolutely blown me away though is thouse Birdcage coaches, they look absolutely exquisite and accepting that they may well be pricey I can still see a BR  Crimson set heading my way as a rare "Rule 1" purchase.

Roy

Edited by Roy L S
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The Class 40 is already a "must have" for me and thankfully from all accounts an easy sound fit as mine will be a green one.

What has absolutely blown me away though is thouse Birdcage coaches, they look absolutely exquisite and accepting that they may well be pricey I can still see a BR  Crimson set heading my way as a rare "Rule 1" purchase.

Roy

I caved and ordered a set in SR Olive..............and a C Class in SR Black................This is going to take some 'imagineering' when they appear on Ropley! 

Tom. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Really looking forward to a couple of C class loco's. However it has me wondering about using the chassis for an O1. There's bound to be an unpopular one going cheap at some point. They share 5'2" drivers but hows the footprint if I scratch build a tender?

Wheelbase of the O1 is smaller, in fact the whole loco is a lot smaller, hardly surprising since the O dates from a quarter century earlier.

A first for me, I've put an pre-order in for a C, my first RTR loco since I bought a Triang L1 over fifty years ago. I've gone for the SR version as it would go with the birdcage set (also pre-ordered) on the Elham Valley layout I've always wanted to build. A fully lined SECR version would have been nice - probably impossible too in N - but I am puzzled with what Farish are actually proposing. AFAIK there never was a plain green SECR livery. There was a simplified livery introduced by Maunsell in 1913 and then the wartime grey with large white numerals, but green? The "Wellington Brown" colour of the birdcages would match the wartime livery.

Any chance of an "H" in N?

• 2 months later...

Now you come to mention it, there was that precursor of the grey livery. There are hardly any photos of locos in that livery though, whereas the Wainwright and grey liveries are well recorded. Is it poor research by Bachmann or pandering to the new fad for railways in wartime? Maybe they'll bring out the aeroplane vans