DLPG RSH No77 Norwood

DLPG

I thought I would introduce a thread on our restoration activities on RSH No 77 Norwood. The group have been involved with the NRM Shildon for a number of years and those who visit thier many events may have seen, visited or supported the group on our fundraising society stall. You may of even had a trip on our groups LMS Brake Van used to provide rides along the site.

The group recently, after rewheeling the chassis moved RSH No77 to the NRM Shildon where we hope to complete the reassembly and return the locomotive to steam over the next few years. The Locomotives cab has been completed and repainted, used as a promotion piece for the group at Shildon. Our biggest cost ahead is the boiler that will need a new barrel and tubeplate.

As RSH No77 is not the most of glamourous restoration projects it is difficult to attract much in donations towards the restoration so we setup an online modelshop to help raise funds along with attending as many shows as we can gain an invite. We usually take one of our group members layouts for free in exchange for a few free tables at events, more invites welcome, please! Our online modelshop can be found at www.wrlpg.com. I thought I would give it a push today as I have spent most of the day updating the shop with contents including Oxford, Hornby, Parkside, Dapol and much more.

We are always looking for new volunteers with a few spare hours whether to support restoration activites or help out with our own show at Spennymoor and attend other events. Your welcome to help operate one of our layouts also.

We also have a facebook page that gives regular updates as to our whereabouts or restoration progress and there has been quite a bit recently. I will try to give some regular updates on here going forward but please give our website a look over and consider our modelshop, greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

I thought I would introduce a thread on our restoration activities on RSH No 77 Norwood. The group have been involved with the NRM Shildon for a number of years and those who visit thier many events may have seen, visited or supported the group on our fundraising society stall. You may of even had a trip on our groups LMS Brake Van used to provide rides along the site.

The group recently, after rewheeling the chassis moved RSH No77 to the NRM Shildon where we hope to complete the reassembly and return the locomotive to steam over the next few years. The Locomotives cab has been completed and repainted, used as a promotion piece for the group at Shildon. Our biggest cost ahead is the boiler that will need a new barrel and tubeplate.

As RSH No77 is not the most of glamourous restoration projects it is difficult to attract much in donations towards the restoration so we setup an online modelshop to help raise funds along with attending as many shows as we can gain an invite. We usually take one of our group members layouts for free in exchange for a few free tables at events, more invites welcome, please! Our online modelshop can be found at www.wrlpg.com. I thought I would give it a push today as I have spent most of the day updating the shop with contents including Oxford, Hornby, Parkside, Dapol and much more.

We are always looking for new volunteers with a few spare hours whether to support restoration activites or help out with our own show at Spennymoor and attend other events. Your welcome to help operate one of our layouts also.

We also have a facebook page that gives regular updates as to our whereabouts or restoration progress and there has been quite a bit recently. I will try to give some regular updates on here going forward but please give our website a look over and consider our modelshop, greatly appreciated.

I forgot to add. Our Chairman Don Brooks and some of the other members will be at Shildon NRM on Saturday 14th Jan. Cab it weekend I believe. They are also part of Locomotion O Gauge group and will have the test track up for any of you O gauge modellers.

• Like 1

I forgot to add. Our Chairman Don Brooks and some of the other members will be at Shildon NRM on Saturday 14th Jan. Cab it weekend I believe. They are also part of Locomotion O Gauge group and will have the test track up for any of you O gauge modellers.

I will pop down tomorrow to say hello. I hear the chassis is now undercover. A great environment for your restoration activities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Little while since the last update. We have just received our locomotives springs and two from our LMS brake van that have been away for refurbishment. Coming working parties will be to firstly refit the brake van for use at the NRM Shildon. Secondly to get the locomotive springs fitted. Recent work has included the fitting of the brake gear on the locomotive, cleaning and painting. We have fitted the handbrake to the cab floor, a replacement as the locomotives original was stolen along with a few other parts. All replaced but sadly a cost that slows the restoration down.

Working parties continue on Friday and Saturday mornings. Please get in touch if you would like to get involved or assist at exhibitions as part of our fundraising. Also any exhibition managers with a bit of spare space for a society stand would be greatly appreciated, please get in touch.

• 1 month later...

We will be at the Tanfield Railway Legends of Industry event this weekend. Call in and see us in the carriage shed with our fundraising stall. Always a great event. We have supported the event for a number of years now taking a layout in return for our society stall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Our group sales are next out at Newton Aycliffe on Saturday 10th March for the Rotary Club one day exhibition. Please visit our website and visit our model shop. We really need your support to progress our restoration.

Edited by DLPG

• 1 year later...

It is a while since provided an update. The Locomotives chassis is starting go back together really well. Parts of the motion are now going back on the Loco. 

We hold our annual fundraiser at Spennymoor comprehensive this weekend. Please call in, we really need your support to get this project over the line.

E79E7309-A6A9-44F7-A00D-37FACD2F7CF3.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

It has been a long time since our last update. There is still not much to report in terms of progress on Norwood’s restoration.

We do however have a new website at www.durhamlocogroup.com.

We also now have a EBay charity sellers page along with a PayPal giving fund account. Whilst we have not been able to progress at Shildon due to covid we are working hard to raise funds for the boiler.

please pay our new pages a visit. Save us as a favourite seller on EBay. Very much appreciated 

• Like 1