Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

British Model Railway Awards 2016

Andy Y

post-1-0-27507600-1483516049.jpg

Welcome to the British Model Railway Awards 2016.

We are inviting readers to vote for their favourite models of the past year from the following categories, voting is open until the 9th February 2017. We also invite you to choose a retailer you have received excellent service from in the last year, your favourite layout, best exhibition and most useful website from the ten most popular nominations we received.

2016 was a year of incredible variety as well as quality making it difficult to predict what the likely winners may be within the product categories. We also have more manufacturers than any other year in a year of changes in fortunes.

We have also asked for nominations for a Young Modeller of the Year Award and this will be decided by a panel rather than a public vote.

The winners will be announced in the Spring edition of BRM and on RMweb.

We need your vote more than ever this year to decide who the worthy winners are!

Click here to go to the poll.

Categories

N Gauge Steam

N Gauge Diesel and Electric

N Gauge Rolling Stock

N Gauge Manufacturer of the Year

OO Gauge Steam

OO Gauge Modern Traction

4mm Scale Gauge Coaching Stock

OO Gauge Wagons

OO Gauge Manufacturer of the Year

O Gauge Locomotives

O Gauge Rolling Stock

O Gauge Manufacturer of the Year

Innovation of the Year

Overall manufacturer of the Year

• RMweb Gold

Once again humbled that my little corner of the web has been nonimated. I am suprised that the Hornby SR Cattle Truck is not in the list of wagons or did I miss it?

Once again humbled that my little corner of the web has been nonimated. I am suprised that the Hornby SR Cattle Truck is not in the list of wagons or did I miss it?

It's very informative, got my vote.

Apologies for that, we had all missed it when compiling the list. Something which can happen if you haven't had a review model.

It has now been added.

Also got my vote

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for that, we had all missed it when compiling the list. Something which can happen if you haven't had a review model.

It has now been added.

Gadzooks don't you read my blog it featured on there.... :)

I have not seen any reviews of Hornby's SR cattle wagons in the Model Railway Magazines so I took the risk of buying some. I think that they are the best wagons anyone has made. It is a huge improvement on the Tri-ang R122 cattle wagon which was produced for 30 years. I wonder how long Hornby's cattle wagon will be produced for and if anyone will review it in a magazine.

• RMweb Gold

I have not seen any reviews of Hornby's SR cattle wagons in the Model Railway Magazines so I took the risk of buying some. I think that they are the best wagons anyone has made. It is a huge improvement on the Tri-ang R122 cattle wagon which was produced for 30 years. I wonder how long Hornby's cattle wagon will be produced for and if anyone will review it in a magazine.

Although not a magazine review it did feature on a certain website (that people can also vote for in the above hint hint..) here https://grahammuz.com/2016/12/02/sr-diagram-1529-and-1530-cattle-trucks-arrive-from-Hornby-as-part-of-their-2016-range/ and I agree they are certainly excellent wagons. My Maunsell diagram 1529 versions are now in SR brown awaiting decals to be added backdating them to SR days..

• RMweb Premium

Hornby's excellent Collett carriages appear to be missing from the list. Definitely released in 2016; that nice Mr Sweet had me weather five of the little beauties.

I wondered about that , but couldn't remember if they were tail end of last year. If they are this year it's a sizeable omission as they would be the best contenders in my view

That is a very weak survey when it comes to O gauge.

There were some notable releases that could have been included, in no specific order.

Masterpiece Models:

Rebuilt West Country/ BofB & Rebuilt Merchant Navy.

Sold out prior to delivery.

Lee Marsh Model Co:

GWR 41/51/61XX Large Prairie & LMS/BR Princess Royal Class 4-6-2.

GWR Clerestory Coaches.

Sold out quickly or sold out prior to delivery.

L.H.Loveless/55H Models:

BR Standard 9F 2-10-0

Some still available.

It would have been good to have seen some of these Korean brass models included, if it is not too late I can arrange photos from the builders to help.

Archived