Model Rail/Rapido Trains GER/LNER 'J70' 0-6-0T 'Project Toby'

dibber25

Bit of a silly question. I pre-ordered one of these when announced a few months back, since then I've become a subscriber to the magazine. Is there anyway I can update order to include my subscriber discount?  

Did you order online? If so, contact customer support at Kernow. I don't know if what you want is actually possible, but if it is then they'll be able to sort it out for you. Or, if not, tell you that it can't be done :)

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/contact 

• Like 1

Guest Midland Mole

Bit of a silly question. I pre-ordered one of these when announced a few months back, since then I've become a subscriber to the magazine. Is there anyway I can update order to include my subscriber discount?  

I'm almost certain that you can retroactively add a subscriber discount, and as the post above mine says the best thing is to contact them directly.

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

quick point - I've just tried to pre-order one of these J70s from the model rail offers website, but it isn't accepting my credit card. I've just preordered the railmotor from kernow as well, so I know that the Kernow 'home' website is working okay.

Not a source of annoyance for me, I'll still buy one - I just wanted to point it out in case something needs to be looked at on the MR offers website

quick point - I've just tried to pre-order one of these J70s from the model rail offers website, but it isn't accepting my credit card. I've just preordered the railmotor from kernow as well, so I know that the Kernow 'home' website is working okay.

Not a source of annoyance for me, I'll still buy one - I just wanted to point it out in case something needs to be looked at on the MR offers website

Have you got in touch with them directly? My experience is that they're generally very helpful if you do need to make contact.

I've just checked this from the Model Rail office by placing an order with my own credit card. It worked faultlessly. (CJL)

Okie dokie, i'll give it another go later on. As I said, it wasnt a comment meant to complain, but to let you guys know about a potential problem

Thanks. It's always useful to know of possible problems. It also prompted me to put my order in! Next job is to switch my gas and electricity supplier. I've already tried once, without success. (CJL)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if money is being taken now for pre-orders, or will it be upon dispatch? 

No money will be taken until the models are ready for despatch. We are still very early in the process. We've only just seen the engineering prototype. (CJL)

No money will be taken until the models are ready for despatch. We are still very early in the process. We've only just seen the engineering prototype. (CJL)

When I online ordered mine the money had been immediately taken out, so idk if that's only for orders made by people outside of the uk/eu.

Guest Midland Mole

The way their ordering system works is that they will take the money and then refund it, so just make sure you have enough money to cover that for the couple of days until the refund comes back.

Alex

The way their ordering system works is that they will take the money and then refund it, so just make sure you have enough money to cover that for the couple of days until the refund comes back.

Alex

Yes, that's quite correct. It's a quirk of the way the pre-order system works when the card is logged in. (CJL)

Evening all,

Am I right in thinking that the 'skirts'/underfames on the models will be black as opposed to dark grey as they appear in the livery mock ups?

Either way, I can't wait for this model to the point where I'm going to order two and take a sojourn from my usual n gauge modelling to make a small layout for them (and a sentinel) to run on. I just can't decide what era to buy or whether to get one with skirts, one without or both with skirts.

Speaking of 'Toby' I always loved the illustrations in 'Toby Trucks and Trouble' particularly those in the story about the seaside that depicts several Toby's working at the docks.

Greg

• Like 1

Evening all,

Am I right in thinking that the 'skirts'/underfames on the models will be black as opposed to dark grey as they appear in the livery mock ups?

Either way, I can't wait for this model to the point where I'm going to order two and take a sojourn from my usual n gauge modelling to make a small layout for them (and a sentinel) to run on. I just can't decide what era to buy or whether to get one with skirts, one without or both with skirts.

Speaking of 'Toby' I always loved the illustrations in 'Toby Trucks and Trouble' particularly those in the story about the seaside that depicts several Toby's working at the docks.

Greg

Yes, the skirts and under frames will be black. (CJL) 

• RMweb Premium

Watch out for the December issue of Model Rail. Exciting 'J70' update to come! (CJL)

I thought the December issue would be out by now - it usually appears unseasonably ahead of the month it purports to be! I'm really asking about the printed version in the shops.

John Storey

Model Rail's somewhat non-standard publishing schedule (every four weeks, rather than strictly monthly) means that each edition is slightly more ahead of its titular month than the previous, until the extra "summer" edition pushes it back to being closer again and the process starts over.

Anyway, I got an email on the 9th November telling me that the December edition is on the way, so I'm expecting it to drop through the letterbox early this week (quite possibly today). Presumably it will be in the shops around the same time.

For anyone like me deliberating over which era model to get, I found a really interesting pic of an number of J70's at Wisbech in the excellent 'Branchline to Upwell' book (photo by A.F.Cook). The pic dates from 2nd July 1946 and shows a number of J70's; some are in 'NE' wartime livery with skirts however there's one in 'LNER' livery without skirts. Either way it convinced me I could mix and match the two liveries and skirted/non skirted versions.

Greg