Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Look forward for class 37685 Intercity based Inverness for Intercity sleeper train with generator engine for electric and heat insideex gangway van

I don’t think it’ll come with the generator coach !

• Like 1

Given we've now had 2 37's announced (South East and North/Scotland) i think that shows that 47625/712/628 (all ex Kernow) aren't likely to be part of this years Rep Editions - thats 3 for North/Scotland now 47805, 47712 and 37685. I make it South West have 2 (47625 and VDA), South East 2 (47727 and 37425), North 3 (47804, 47712 and 37685), Midlands 2 (47832 and 47628) and East 2 (47714 and MKV triple). Does that mean there are 3 more 37's to come?

47628 is due May/June 2018 to replace the original DB limited edition  

Due Jul/Aug according to Bachmann at Ally Pally on their flyers and not to replace 47832, they get both but same delivery time even though 628 was meant to arrive before 832 as it wasn't up to scratch

• RMweb Premium

Given we've now had 2 37's announced (South East and North/Scotland) i think that shows that 47625/712/628 (all ex Kernow) aren't likely to be part of this years Rep Editions - thats 3 for North/Scotland now 47805, 47712 and 37685. I make it South West have 2 (47625 and VDA), South East 2 (47727 and 37425), North 3 (47804, 47712 and 37685), Midlands 2 (47832 and 47628) and East 2 (47714 and MKV triple). Does that mean there are 3 more 37's to come?

I would say that this is high likely given the wealth of Class 47 Rep Limited Edition models. 

Especially when you consider that their a few options for Midlands Class 37s, for the modern era/image modeller/collector. 

254 is named, has the depot plaques and new Colas logos thus making it very unique. It also has the handrails on the nose ends of the loco. Whereas the other two Colas 37s announced/produced have been 099 which has different noses, a different name and no plaques and 421 has standard domino noses, isn't named, has the original Colas logos etc. The same when comparing say 521 now in Colas livery to 099 and 421. 521 has the door noses thus also making it unique to the Colas fleet. I am sure that Bachmann have the appropriate tooling to correctly model 254 and 521 so it wouldn't surprise me if one of these appears. More than likely 254 out of the two as 521 has yet to enter traffic with Colas. 

Also as 159220 has mentioned previously 407 in BR LL livery has a couple of months ago been released from Loram at Derby. 401 produced by Bachmann isn't a current portrayal of the locos guise now as it doesn't have the cantrail lining, modern warning stickers etc. So 407 as it is now would be different from 401 announced previously so this could be an option. Although with it currently working in Norwich this could easily be a southern edition. 

This is all just speculation on my part but I do agree that more Rep Limited Edition 37s are to come. 

How have people been getting on with sourcing a good deal on 37425? I looked through Bachmann's recommended shops, most either at RRP or do not have it listed. 

I have found Model Junction with 37425 "Sir Robert McAlpine/Concrete Bob" listed at £164.95 (rrp), but if you place a deposit, you get a 15% reduction on delivery. Really friendly shop owner too, who has been more than helpful in helping me understand the ordering system. I would highly recommend, no association with the shop, just I had a happy experience ordering.

If when ordering, you say in the 'order comments' that you wish to make a deposit, then you get your 15%. A nice work around the rather steep RRP! 

RRP = 164.95

15% pre-order loyalty = 24.74

Delivery = 3.95

Total before deposit = 144.16

10% deposit = 16.50

To pay on delivery = 127.66

Not bad!

Visit: https://www.modeljunction.info/estore/ 

I also note, The Hobby Shop, is offering a £20 voucher and free postage. But payment is upfront, and I personally do not like paying upfront (had a shop go bust before and nearly lost a lot of money - luckily ordered by master card so they refunded me! Never again). So the Model Junction seems to be the best out there.

See: http://hobb-e-mail.com 

After looking through the list of Bachmann stockists in the counties where this model is available it was between The Hobby Shop and Invicta for me.

Decided to go with The Hobby Shop for the free postage offer and their quality website and have been very impressed with the experience so far! Its a £30 voucher on the sound fitted one too by the way.

Bachmann have announced 37685 Intercity swallow livery for sleeper trains as next Ltd edition for Scotland and north reps. Due later this year including a sound version as well.

Nice for those modelling the end of EWS and the start of WCRC as I think even with the latter it stayed in Intercity for a while, before being attended too by Carnforth's paint brush.

Nice for those modelling the end of EWS and the start of WCRC as I think even with the latter it stayed in Intercity for a while, before being attended too by Carnforth's paint brush.

It's only ran in Maroon for WCRC, undergoing a full overhaul and repaint prior to entering traffic in 2010.

Before that, it was stored in 2004, so not quite right for either the end of EWS or WCRC operation.

Edited by DavidM

It's only ran in Maroon for WCRC, undergoing a full overhaul and repaint prior to entering traffic in 2010.

Before that, it was stored in 2004, so not quite right for either the end of EWS or WCRC operation.

But perfect for the 90s !

I know not to everyones taste, but I suggest a twin pack of class 37s. Along the lines of the Rail Exclusive DRS ones, but this time with 37418 and 37521 in their spanking new Colas colours. That's got to sell out hasnt it?

I know I'd buy a set to use.

• RMweb Gold

418 isn’t in Colas colours (as far as I know)

Much as a fan as I am of Colas locos I think there may be a danger of getting to a saturation point with them if they introduced lots of variations, and let’s be honest there isn’t a huge amount available for the 37s to pull round layouts as they are mainly used on the yellow trains, freight use is few and far between for them

• RMweb Premium

I know not to everyones taste, but I suggest a twin pack of class 37s. Along the lines of the Rail Exclusive DRS ones, but this time with 37418 and 37521 in their spanking new Colas colours. That's got to sell out hasnt it?

I know I'd buy a set to use.

That would be a brilliant idea, although this isn't possible quite yet as 418 is still in Blue at BH to my knowledge anyway as I don't think the repaint has been undertaken yet. 

Above I have suggested 254 and 521 in Colas coincidentally both which are quite unique and they both have the new Colas logos. This would be nice. 

Or alternatively as you say 418 (when it is repainted) and 521 in Colas livery. 

I agree I think any two of these three as a twin pack would be great sellers. 

• Like 1

Yeah, problem is, you both want one but Bachmann need another 500 + who want yet more colas stuff.

They spent 40 years in much nicer liveries pulling a much wider variety of stuff....

Agreed Rob.

I'm just putting a suggestion out there matey, maybe others who have a different suggestion could let Bachmann know too. Then Bachmann will do the sums and produce locos/liveries they think will sell and make them some profit.

418 isn’t in Colas colours (as far as I know)

I was lead to believe, 418 is on 'loan/hire' to Colas and expected to remain in LL, albeit, re-sprayed. Of course, things change/evolve/were not correct in the first place. It is why we all find the rail industry fascinating! 

As for 37254 as a Rep model in Colas. This unit does seem to be popular with Bachmann, having both been produced in BR Blue and Triple Grey. Let hope it features, though if I had the choice. I would prefer 37025 over another Colas livery for my NRIM trains. 

2018 Reps:

South West - ?
London and South East - 37425 DRS 
West Midlands and Wales - ?
East Midlands and East Anglia - ?

North and Scotland - 37685 BR Intercity 

I suspect one shall be a wagon, so perhaps two more 37s over the coming weeks announced? Who suspects the 37419 in DBS red for Olivias shall end up in the Rep collection. Seeing as this has happened before with Olivias, they commission a pre-order and then cancel it. 
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was lead to believe, 418 is on 'loan/hire' to Colas and expected to remain in LL, albeit, re-sprayed. Of course, things change/evolve/were not correct in the first place. It is why we all find the rail industry fascinating!

As for 37254 as a Rep model in Colas. This unit does seem to be popular with Bachmann, having both been produced in BR Blue and Triple Grey. Let hope it features, though if I had the choice. I would prefer 37025 over another Colas livery for my NRIM trains.

2018 Reps:

South West - ?

I suspect one shall be a wagon, so perhaps two more 37s over the coming weeks announced? Who suspects the 37419 in DBS red for Olivias shall end up in the Rep collection. Seeing as this has happened before with Olivias, they commission a pre-order and then cancel it.

419 has been taken on by Trains4U I believe so not likely to be a rep loco

• RMweb Premium

2018 Reps:

South West - ?

419 in DB Red is a nice idea for a Rep Limited Edition but I'm sure now that it is been sold by Trains4U, thus this is their own Limited Edition to sell as an individual retailer. 

Hopefully another two or three 37s announced soon in modern liveries  :no: 

• RMweb Premium

419 in DB Red is a nice idea for a Rep Limited Edition but I'm sure now that it is been sold by Trains4U, thus this is their own Limited Edition to sell as an individual retailer.

Hopefully another two or three 37s announced soon in modern liveries :no:

Very small window of operation, it didn’t last long in service once it had been Painted in DB. Wonder if that’s why Olivia’s dropped it?

• RMweb Premium

Very small window of operation, it didn’t last long in service once it had been Painted in DB. Wonder if that’s why Olivia’s dropped it?

I was about to put the same thing in my next comment. But why commission it and then drop it?

They did the same with 402 in Compass, although in February 2016 402 was outshopped in BR LL livery at Derby. This was around the time that 402 was delivered by Bachmann, although as is proven it has still sold really well with other retailers and is now pretty much sold out. Their is just the odd few still left available. So I can't really understand why they dropped this one, but then went on to commission Bachmann to produce another 37/4 in an old livery/guise and then cancel the order. Very strange, considering that 419 has been in Compass for a few years since around 2012 when it was outshopped, so now around six years ago. 

I wonder just how many models of 419 in DB Red will sell?