Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

I wonder just how many models of 419 in DB Red will sell? 

I think it we be the fact that the only other DB red 37 has already been done as a limited edition is what is going to dictate sales success heavily. I'm in this camp. I already have 37670, which itself didn't operate long in DB red, so there's no way I can justify 419 (the days of being a completist collector have long gone at today's prices).

• RMweb Premium

I think it we be the fact that the only other DB red 37 has already been done as a limited edition is what is going to dictate sales success heavily. I'm in this camp. I already have 37670, which itself didn't operate long in DB red, so there's no way I can justify 419 (the days of being a completist collector have long gone at today's prices).

I was thinking the same. 

A few of the 670 models seem to have been for sale recently on Ebay and via online model shops. This would show that their isn't even the demand to have and keep the original model which was produced several years ago, let alone buy the second model to make the pair. It's a shame that neither of them wore the DB Red for long because this is probably the reason why people can't justify to buy these models financially. 

I agree. In current times you have to buy the models that you like the most. The days of been a completist and buying all of the models that you wish have gone. 

It's only ran in Maroon for WCRC, undergoing a full overhaul and repaint prior to entering traffic in 2010.

Before that, it was stored in 2004, so not quite right for either the end of EWS or WCRC operation.

It did work for EWS in these colours, plenty of pics of it. I stuck it out on its first job out of store...light loco toton to Corby to work the cars to Doncaster, was reinstated for the 2004 Sandie season for sure

I hope we don’t get much more colas, it seems over subscribed. And unless you have converted a load of yellow coaches what do you run with it ? Ah, you stuff full your 1970s Bachmann scenecraft depot with 10 of them.....!

I’m not sure what Bachmann is up to with these ltd editions, I thought it was a good idea at first, but now it seems like a bit of a hand grenade of a marketing strategy.

Give it a rest and make a sealed beam peak ...

Its pretty simple - look at the amount of locos they have available on their web-site in stock.  A few years ago that would not have been the case.  Simple supply and demand economics.  Higher prices = less demand!

The rep's limited editions is just a way of selling a few hundred locos at a time, with the current pricing structure!  A Class 37 was £139.95 last year and this year £159.99 and 37425 is RRP 164.95...... 

Regards,

C.

Bachmann have just announced a third OO Gauge Regional Exclusive Class 37. This being 37032 with split headcode boxes in BR Railfreight Red Stripe Livery. 

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/04/red-striple-railfreight-class-37-0-sales-area-exclusive/

Thats a really good choice, along with 37685 are both normally models I'd want, but at £165 they're also not difficult to pass on. I'll just need to get the airbrush out on earlier releases I've bought a few years ago at about £100 less

Money money money, only if this has a hobby... bah humbug!

Leaves just South West and Midlands/Wales Rep 37s left.... I wonder (perhaps/maybe/would it not be nice) out of the two 'Cardiff Canton' named 37s shall it be for Midlands/Wales? 37714 on the GCR or 37254 for Colas? 

Are there any named/geographically connected 37s for the South West? 

• Like 1

Lots although Kernow have already produced many of them. 37196 Tre Pol Pen in original Railfreight stands out as not having been done (37671 with the same name was a very early production release).

Thats a really good choice

Agreed nice choice but how long did it actually run like that? I've read it got its painted name around October 1992 but was in store the following month never to return with BR? Can anyone confirm these details?

It’s easy, look on the Bachmann website under news and you’ll find all this stuff and where it’s being sold geographically.

I’d like a 37674 “ st blaise church “ in transrail. IE a 37/5 without the bars on the grilles. But I imagine that’s a niche that not many are in !

Thats a really good choice, along with 37685 are both normally models I'd want, but at £165 they're also not difficult to pass on. I'll just need to get the airbrush out on earlier releases I've bought a few years ago at about £100 less

Rails of Sheffield appear to be offering them at a discount 15% of RRP. 

• Like 1

Leaves just South West and Midlands/Wales Rep 37s left.... I wonder (perhaps/maybe/would it not be nice) out of the two 'Cardiff Canton' named 37s shall it be for Midlands/Wales? 37714 on the GCR or 37254 for Colas? 

Nanas Boyo, Cornish clay 37 pretty please!  :locomotive:

Edit-

Just read the rest of the thread and I am wrong again.

At least I am consistent!   :jester:

Edited by royaloak

Oooh nice! Hopefully someone will sell with some discount.

If they think they can sell them all at RRP why would they discount?

It is far too modern for me, the right colour but the wrong shade.

Edited by royaloak

Split box 37 055 Rail Celebrity in Mainline Blue for the SWW area rep.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/60105/32-775TL-Bachmann-Class-37-0-Diesel-Locomotive-number-37-055

attachicon.gif37055.JPG

Interestingly this reps loco is available not only in the south west area but also in Kent, Surrey and Sussex unlike the other South West Area Rep class 47s.

Interestingly this reps loco is available not only in the south west area but also in Kent, Surrey and Sussex unlike the other South West Area Rep class 47s.

The 2 South East LE's (47 and 37) have the same areas listed so i would say its an error with the 47625 advert as if not some counties missed out

I believe the Reps territories have changed and the SW rep now covers Hampshire, W and E Sussex and Kent in addition to the SW. This could explain why one model is available in some counties and the others in more.

Edited by 40F

• RMweb Premium

The 2 South East LE's (47 and 37) have the same areas listed so i would say its an error with the 47625 advert as if not some counties missed out

I believe the Reps territories have changed and the SW rep now covers Hampshire, W and E Sussex and Kent in addition to the SW. This could explain why one model is available in some counties and the others in more.

I don't think any retailers missed out on the Rep Class 47s. The Kent and south coast retailers received the COLAS liveried Class 47 with 47625 being allocated the South West. Allocating 37055 to Kent, Sussex and Hampshire makes sense as they were Mainline territory, so perhaps the South West is getting it too because as 40F says the sales areas have changed. The South West was Transrail territory.

If they think they can sell them all at RRP why would they discount?

To attract new customers?? I thought that was what this rep model initiative was all about or is there a danger of it becoming an unintentional racket where punters pay full RRP for desireable models that could otherwise have been catalogue items? Edited by WILLIAM

Well that’s the point isn’t it ? They are not catalogue items and unlikely to have been so, and I think they are not allowed to discount them initially.

I’d love one of these but £165 is 65% more than I paid for my other mainline 37 about 2 years back