Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Premium

Says “ with cockney sparrow “ o Bachmann site . Nothing a bit of tcut wouldn’t sort out

Indeed, but wouldn't it be easier to leave it off and let people add it if they want?

More generally Bachmann seems to have an excessive preference for Eastern/ER models. If a diesel loco carried subtle livery variations when allocated to an ER depot, that's how Bachmann produces it, however limited a timeframe the loco remained that way. With coaches, E prefixed numbers are normally the first to be produced. Happened with the Mk1, Mk2/2a and soon the Mk2f.

In a way its good because it gives me an excuse not to buy something, but it is infuriating at times.

Have a feeling there may be an announcement coming soon that either Bachmann or another competitor are going to bring out a new-tooled or brand new model of the Class 37 hence why Bachmann are pumping out these Ltd. Ed Class 37's to maximize sales of the current tooling. 

This just seems to be following the same path as the Class 66 when loads of them in Limited Edition form were pumped out in the last 12 months and then suddenly Hatton's drops a bomb on us so to speak.

Oh dear - don't start another "frothing" frenzy !     :jester:  - although it's a possibility - but more likely just a new marketing ploy....

• RMweb Premium

I had originally ordered 832 but swapped onto 628 when 832 was returned. As a load more releases have been announced since I'd prefer to have 832.

Sorry my purchases offend you!

Ha Ha, not offended by your purchasing habits at all, more just a bit intrigued. The typing equivalent of thinking out aloud :D

• RMweb Gold

Hello I want one of class 37104 and whereabouts model railway shop in London please

Thank you

London transport museum, convent garden

Ian Allan bookshop near Waterloo station

Janes trains Tooting Broadway

Invicta Model Rail sidcup

I think there is a shop in Weybridge but after that it’s getting a bit limited.

Have a feeling there may be an announcement coming soon that either Bachmann or another competitor are going to bring out a new-tooled or brand new model of the Class 37 hence why Bachmann are pumping out these Ltd. Ed Class 37's to maximize sales of the current tooling. 

This just seems to be following the same path as the Class 66 when loads of them in Limited Edition form were pumped out in the last 12 months and then suddenly Hatton's drops a bomb on us so to speak.

If Bachmann were to announce a new tooling of the Class 37, that'd still give us another five to ten years of livery updates to the existing ones before it hits the shelves  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Invicta have 37425 as a rep model, so I am not sure they will get 37104 as well.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Invicta have 37425 as a rep model, so I am not sure they will get 37104 as well.

Roy

The quote on Bachmanns website says exclusively inside the M25..

Invicta is inside the M25.

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/05/railfreight-triple-grey-37-0-sales-area-exclusive/

Addlestone models was the one I confused with Weybridge, it’s still inside the M25.. just.

Got to admit that “ inside M25” is not a lot of shops to be holding that limited edition, but at the same time this is quite an unusual 37.

There’s seems to be overlap with these editions, as 37055 is available in Kent and Surrey, along with 37425 / 37109. Maybe they are trying to encourage growth in this area... there isn’t many shops in this neighbourhood, and it’s quite affluent and well spending on the hobby. Maybe oiks like me might be convinced to see their local retailers, rather than online, notably they have the same “rep” code.. NF.

So summary:

37685 Intercity...Central Headcode - NW+Scotland.. : 32-393RJ

37142 Engineers Grey.. Central Headcode - West-Ish of of M1/Wales / South of Hattons : 32-778DB

37425 DRS Blue.. Central Headcode - Home Counties : 32-370NF

37104 RF General.. Split Headcode - M25 Region : 32-775NF

37055 Mainline.. Split Headcode - Kent-Cornwall below M4 : 32-775TL

37032 RFT Grey.. Split Headcode - East-Ish of M1 : 32-775SD

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

37 104 being an inspired/good choice, AFAIK only 2 - 37's carried the R/F General branding. I'd predict this model will sell very well............  

Model Rail did a 37 in the RfD livery 'Grainflow' and I think they struggled to sell them, eventually offloading them to retailers. Will be interesting to see which of the 6 L/E 37's prove the most popular. At least they've gone for something different from the safe bet of a 37/4 in LLB.

• RMweb Gold

Model Rail did a 37 in the RfD livery 'Grainflow' and I think they struggled to sell them, eventually offloading them to retailers. Will be interesting to see which of the 6 L/E 37's prove the most popular. At least they've gone for something different from the safe bet of a 37/4 in LLB.

37685 and 37104 for me I think. 37142 i’ll be interested in on a grey miserable day when I feel like a train of flat wagons and an engineering possession with nothing else running

The quote on Bachmanns website says exclusively inside the M25..

Invicta is inside the M25.http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/05/railfreight-triple-grey-37-0-sales-area-exclusive/

Addlestone models was the one I confused with Weybridge, it’s still inside the M25.. just.

Got to admit that “ inside M25” is not a lot of shops to be holding that limited edition, but at the same time this is quite an unusual 37.

There’s seems to be overlap with these editions, as 37055 is available in Kent and Surrey, along with 37425 / 37109. Maybe they are trying to encourage growth in this area... there isn’t many shops in this neighbourhood, and it’s quite affluent and well spending on the hobby. Maybe oiks like me might be convinced to see their local retailers, rather than online, notably they have the same “rep” code.. NF.

So summary:

37142 Engineers Grey.. Central Headcode - West-Ish of of M1/Wales / South of Hattons : 32-778DB

Nice summary , thanks.

I’ll go for 685 - interesting livery, lasted till about 2004, and crucially one I couldn’t do a good job on respraying myself.

I also like 055 but have a cunning plan to make either that , 023 or 065 from a standard 37242 with Lima nose ends ( don’t ask ! )

• RMweb Premium

So summary:

Disappointing that none of these liveries are 37/0s from the BR blue/LL era, such as:

37112 with small westie and white stripe https://www.flickr.com/photos/37923727@N04/8422571499

37111 in full LL https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/38467019866 or half and half https://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwpeakdaleworkscom/5707726166/in/photolist-ShYxks-T3tzSg-SRtvzX-dSKFwv-UYqwQG-dLUzZY-fgUAtV-nz7f5P-Tq71pX-Uz2QM8-TXzhR1-Upf2eU-dM7dDz-FZnroM-cdVvV5-FNo4Pi-dRcMQz-dLUA4N-5TBxqD-nt8unW-VceKG9-fh97wu-dEKnFM-dLUAcs-24bdZzj-V2Zb1D-95gjtT-eMKSou-c2rih7-SyrcJn-21BcwQs-9GnA8Q-mYzcZy-f71Tbb-9GkP74-dMcMNJ-9b4iu8-rAjsVZ-cw1e8u-dMcQQ5-WVJye7-mNzHCm-mWyPRr-gMAUPL-dLUAm5-ctphhA-dLUA8J-ffuQKM-dTNDwy-mNuKdz

(Loco numbers chosen as I think they can be done from same tooling as the L/E 37114 without cantrail level "trench")

Nice summary , thanks.

I’ll go for 685 - interesting livery, lasted till about 2004, and crucially one I couldn’t do a good job on respraying myself.

I also like 055 but have a cunning plan to make either that , 023 or 065 from a standard 37242 with Lima nose ends ( don’t ask ! )

Rob

A cunning plan to use a 37 242 (plenty of those about) and some Lima nose ends, but of note, the boiler roof panels are different - 242 has a flat plated boiler panel - 055 having riveted strips.

Rob

A cunning plan to use a 37 242 (plenty of those about) and some Lima nose ends, but of note, the boiler roof panels are different - 242 has a flat plated boiler panel - 055 having riveted strips.

That’s alright , I’ll just squint. You know me, I’m coarse scale !

I may do 065 as I have some Bachmann flush front ends

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So summary:

Plus limited editions:

37114 L/L Blue Split box

37425 RFT Construction central Headcode

37419 DBS central Headcode

And GA to come :

37688 DRS central Headcode

37884 Euro Phoenix central Headcode

37046 Dutch splitbox

37049 RFT Coal splitbox

37099 Colas splitbox

D6739 BR Green splitbox

In stock still are:

37041 blue split box

37284 blue central Headcode

37421 colas central Headcode

37422 regional railways central Headcode

10: central Headcode

9: split box

Anyone care to speculate what (if there is) a 10th split box could be ?

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

They didn't offload them to retailers they sold them at shows they attended and via the website - it took them a few years to sell them but they sold eventually and quite often you could pay £100 or less when they had offers on

Plus limited editions:

37114 L/L Blue Split box

37425 RFT Construction central Headcode

37419 DBS central Headcode

And GA to come :

37688 DRS central Headcode

37884 Euro Phoenix central Headcode

37046 Dutch splitbox

37049 RFT Coal splitbox

37099 Colas splitbox

D6739 BR Green splitbox

In stock still are:

37041 blue split box

37284 blue central Headcode

37421 colas central Headcode

37422 regional railways central Headcode

10: central Headcode

9: split box

Anyone care to speculate what (if there is) a 10th split box could be ?

An Eastfield allocated original L/L Blue named steam heat Split Box 37, should have been produced ages ago.....likewise a BR Blue/Grey Roof 47/7 in 00

• Informative/Useful 1

There is also Northfields Model Shop at Ealing. Kent Garden Railways in Orpington who offer a good service and  the Weybridge shop is Addlestone Model Centre in Station Road.

That’s a lot of tractors . But at 150-170 quid I won’t be much of a collector anymore

I'm sure you are not alone!  How much longer before the bubble finally bursts.  Bachmann are doing these to re-invigorate interest in their products, a bit like Lima did with limited edtions in the 1990's!  People have moaned about prices for a long while, and I think this is a patch, not a solution.  Fact is Hornby and Bachmann, are not used to competition.  Because prices are now that high, others have entered the market and seen an opportunity, and now they have both lost their ability to dominate the market - people have choice and lots of it!  People buy more and more "new" models that are exclusives from the likes of Revolution, Rapido, Hattons, Rails, Kernow, DJM, Reatrack etc., reducing the amounts of money they are prepared to spend on re-runs of older models!  Especially when they cost as much, if not more than the new toolings that are being made!

Regards.

C.

I'm sure you are not alone!  How much longer before the bubble finally bursts.  Bachmann are doing these to re-invigorate interest in their products, a bit like Lima did with limited edtions in the 1990's!  People have moaned about prices for a long while, and I think this is a patch, not a solution.  Fact is Hornby and Bachmann, are not used to competition.  Because prices are now that high, others have entered the market and seen an opportunity, and now they have both lost their ability to dominate the market - people have choice and lots of it!  People buy more and more "new" models that are exclusives from the likes of Revolution, Rapido, Hattons, Rails, Kernow, DJM, Reatrack etc., reducing the amounts of money they are prepared to spend on re-runs of older models!  Especially when they cost as much, if not more than the new toolings that are being made!

Regards.

C.

There also seems like a flood of pre-orders where cash is committed up front or needs to be available on release which also reduces spare money for 'regular' catalogue purchases. The bubble cant keep growing the way it is

• RMweb Gold

Not sure it’s as bad as that.

For the 1980/90’s modeller there’s isn’t that much out there that’s new and innovative..

Most of it’s been done years ago, the class 07 (which wasn’t really 1980’s) is just about the end, apart from DMUs and EMUs.

However much of the 1990’s was dominated by 3 locomotive classes: 31/37/47 with depending of geography classes 20/6/7/33 and 45/56/8/60 around it.

So owning multiple 37’s is quite fitting.

It’s possible once these 19 are in circulation that could well be it for a while, it’s not like the Lima days where every 4 weeks and 3 locomotives were released.

Not sure it’s as bad as that.

For the 1980/90’s modeller there’s isn’t that much out there that’s new and innovative..

Most of it’s been done years ago, the class 07 (which wasn’t really 1980’s) is just about the end, apart from DMUs and EMUs.

However much of the 1990’s was dominated by 3 locomotive classes: 31/37/47 with depending of geography classes 20/6/7/33 and 45/56/8/60 around it.

So owning multiple 37’s is quite fitting.

It’s possible once these 19 are in circulation that could well be it for a while, it’s not like the Lima days where every 4 weeks and 3 locomotives were released.

That’s the problem, I’m not sure I can afford multiple 37s.....I certainly don’t need them. It makes me a bit squeamish when they come in this much and the sound version of 685 is ,say, much more expensive than a Dapol O gauge class 08