Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Premium

I quite like it. I worked on it many times and it certainly caught people’s attention. The model takes me back to the days of Stratfords pride and the unofficial embellishments of depots like Stratford and thornaby with it’s white stripes big numbers and kingfishers.

Indeed, but it would be nice if Bachmann looked for inspiration from elsewhere from time to time.

I hated 37116 at the time, it was the first time I thought that Stratford had got it wrong.... but i've still got one on pre-order because of it's oddness

I've also given in and preordered 37025 even though I have the weathered and pristine Rails wonky arrows versions, the new one will go well with the Colas 37's (I would have still preferred an Eastfield split box one or Inverness centre box 37/0 thats not been done by Bachmann before but I will settle for this for now :) )

Indeed, but it would be nice if Bachmann looked for inspiration from elsewhere from time to time.

I think they are trying their best. You have colas, mainline blue, large logo, ews, plain Blue, civil engineers grey. And that's just off the top of my head. I would hate to be the Bachmann person who has to choose which ones to do. I do quite like odd livery variations like the Inverness half large logo machines like 47470 or 47586 or even the bizarre colour scheme 47361 carried
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think they are trying their best. You have colas, mainline blue, large logo, ews, plain Blue, civil engineers grey. And that's just off the top of my head. I would hate to be the Bachmann person who has to choose which ones to do. I do quite like odd livery variations like the Inverness half large logo machines like 47470 or 47586 or even the bizarre colour scheme 47361 carried

Just not 47803 please. (It’s too ugly even for the internet).

What this thread proves, is the difficulty , of picking liveries when there are dozens of favourites out there through the decades.

I like to play devils advocate and try and work out which ones will sell and which won’t ....

Just not 47803 please. (It’s too ugly even for the internet).

Agreed!!!

What this thread proves, is the difficulty , of picking liveries when there are dozens of favourites out there through the decades.

I like to play devils advocate and try and work out which ones will sell and which won’t ....

rob D2 is spot on. There's so many liveries and odd balls to pick from you're not going to please everyone all of the time.

I'm in the other corner with regards to 47803 in its yellow livery (I was quite taken with 31116 too!). I have fond memories seeing it head a rake of Cross Country Mk2s as a change to the usual Swallow 47/4 and already have a reworked Bachmann 47 in this livery so I can model that exact train.

• RMweb Gold

Surely the point of small run limited editions is that they can release models that don't appeal to the masses.

47803 is ideal for a limited edition release. Why wouldn't anyone want this?

http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_liveries.php?s_liv=55

:paint:

Jason

I can only think the painter hated his job, quit and this was the product of his last day in the job before retirement, and that this was the first thing he painted at the start of his career, so it gave a smile...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/colour-rail-slide-brm-1505-loco-41101-502238853

Otherwise I have no other happy hypothesis to offer for such a livery.

What the artist missed was painting the bogies yellow too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There’s a picture on Flickr of 47803, which may have given the game away towards another ltd edition

It needs to be hunted down and resprayed drab gray as an urgent priority.

I read it as an individual model that's been resprayed

Fortunately, i agree.

I wonder if its possible to fit a shredder inside a model railway carton incase someone tries to remove it from the box ?

Edited by adb968008