Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

14 hours ago, girlinb said:

As there is nothing yet on the Bachmann website my guess would be there are 2 more to be announced

I thought these would have been 47's to try and undermine the new Heljan release though by taking some of the remaining unique liveries like 47803

It also likely that these have been planned for some time and as a result are not far off the process of being dispatched when they are announced. Its also a very clever way to get more money in and create demand by making it a more limited run and cutting out the larger share a shop in the centre for commission would have gained, like other limited editions would have done - as these are sold across a region and you'd presume shops get the same percentage as standard range items.  

8 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I hate to be that guy , but £180 , without sound ... everytime they release one with new paint the price goes up . 

I can see the reason for these releases, Bachmann sweating their assets before someone releases an improved model. But the prices will mean some of the less popular ones will sit in retailers for a while. 

You only have to look at Kernows commissions to see some still available two or three years later. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I can see the reason for these releases, Bachmann sweating their assets before someone releases an improved model. But the prices will mean some of the less popular ones will sit in retailers for a while. 

You only have to look at Kernows commissions to see some still available two or three years later. 

True.

I love KMRC but I think, maybe , some of the choices have been a little uninspired .

3767* in RFD - same tooling as 37672 with the grill bars and that sat about along time and then was bargain binned. I would have thought one without bars would have had better renumbereing chances.

47306 RFD . Didn’t actually operate any freight services after it went to the SB open day. And the 47365 was easily renumbered to any RFD 47/3 you wanted.

47537 - great weathering , but barwell stuffed it up by increasing the price to £180 I think. I was gonna get one but that’s too much for me - I’ll see if it’s eventually brought down a tad .

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

True.

I love KMRC but I think, maybe , some of the choices have been a little uninspired .

3767* in RFD - same tooling as 37672 with the grill bars and that sat about along time and then was bargain binned. I would have thought one without bars would have had better renumbereing chances.

47306 RFD . Didn’t actually operate any freight services after it went to the SB open day. And the 47365 was easily renumbered to any RFD 47/3 you wanted.

47537 - great weathering , but barwell stuffed it up by increasing the price to £180 I think. I was gonna get one but that’s too much for me - I’ll see if it’s eventually brought down a tad .

Definitely right there Rob! 

I’ve got my eye on their 47701 in NSE, hoping the price will drop sometime as it’d make a super donor for dirty-stopout NSE 47711 carrying the skanky remains of the toothpaste livery into 1998 :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Is it just my eyes or does the orange lining immediately beneath the windscreens look a bit on the 'fat' side...

image.png

37710 Didcot 15.08.1999

Flickr photo by: John Cordrey 37710 Didcot 15.08.1999

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, YesTor said:

Is it just my eyes or does the orange lining immediately beneath the windscreens look a bit on the 'fat' side...

image.png

37710 Didcot 15.08.1999

Flickr photo by: John Cordrey 37710 Didcot 15.08.1999

I agree. I think it needs a couple of mm removing from the model. Hopefully this can be rectified before the models arrive. 

• Agree 1

On 26/07/2019 at 20:37, NIRCLASS80 said:

The other question I don't think anyone has picked up on yet - the 45's are at a quantity of 350 each, have these rep editions gone the same?  (Or was that because they will do a run of Blue 45's and quite happy to lower the quantity, because its just a Number and Name Variation?)

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

The other question I don't think anyone has picked up on yet - the 45's are at a quantity of 350 each, have these rep editions gone the same?  (Or was that because they will do a run of Blue 45's and quite happy to lower the quantity, because its just a Number and Name Variation?)

Regards,

C.

500 for each Peak - 350 non-sound and 150 sound. 

Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

500 for each Peak - 350 non-sound and 150 sound. 

Interesting. For all the noise made about it (pun intended), it shows the (perceived/market-analysis) popularity of sound. Unless significant numbers are fitting their own post-purchase.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, truffy said:

Interesting. For all the noise made about it (pun intended), it shows the (perceived/market-analysis) popularity of sound. Unless significant numbers are fitting their own post-purchase.

Personally I think that is quite a high figure -30%. There is no DCC option (non-sound), some people do DCC but not sound, then there are those, like rob d2 and myself, who don't use factory sounds. Then there are collectors who just case their locos who just don't care about DCC and sound.  

Overall it suggest that the DCC market is significant, as is the sound market.

Roy

46 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Personally I think that is quite a high figure -30%. There is no DCC option (non-sound), some people do DCC but not sound, then there are those, like rob d2 and myself, who don't use factory sounds. Then there are collectors who just case their locos who just don't care about DCC and sound.  

Overall it suggest that the DCC market is significant, as is the sound market.

Roy

I actually do use factory sound, the serious sound enthusiasts aren’t me.....I’m in two minds about it all - to get realistic sound takes a lot of cash. I’ve also been burnt with a dodgy sound chip courtesy of Bachmann .

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

I actually do use factory sound, the serious sound enthusiasts aren’t me.....I’m in two minds about it all - to get realistic sound takes a lot of cash. I’ve also been burnt with a dodgy sound chip courtesy of Bachmann .

Apologies, from your post I thought you didn't, but now I reread it I see that you never said that!

I have the odd factory sound model (probably three out of 20+ sound models), but in general I fit my own.

Roy

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Apologies, from your post I thought you didn't, but now I reread it I see that you never said that!

I have the odd factory sound model (probably three out of 20+ sound models), but in general I fit my own.

Roy

No worries , I could have written it better 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, GEARJAMMER said:

Does anyone know anything about the release of 37025, I was under the impression it was due out in July, but as we enter August ive not heard anything?

Originally it was due in July but a couple of months ago this was changed to September. I check on the modern image locos and stock regularly and the majority of the Class 37 arrival dates have changed recently. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 26/07/2019 at 12:21, rob D2 said:

I hate to be that guy , but £180 , without sound ... everytime they release one with new paint the price goes up . 

Could not agree more.  I would really like Mt Fuji, but I will resist at that price. Ten months ago I pre ordered L/L 37025 for £148.50. Just about a £40 price hike is too much for me. 

• Like 3

So here's a dilema. I pre-ordered 37025 more or less on the day it was announced and at a discounted price from a well known Merseyside retailer. For reasons discussed elsewhere I'm now a little bit worried that I wont receive the model from that retailer. Do I pre-order from somewhere else (presumably at full price due to the popularity of the model) and more importantly do any other retailers have any allocation left to pre-order anyway??

1 hour ago, WILLIAM said:

So here's a dilema. I pre-ordered 37025 more or less on the day it was announced and at a discounted price from a well known Merseyside retailer. For reasons discussed elsewhere I'm now a little bit worried that I wont receive the model from that retailer. Do I pre-order from somewhere else (presumably at full price due to the popularity of the model) and more importantly do any other retailers have any allocation left to pre-order anyway??

The tmc still has it for preorder as I was in the same predicament so cancelled my preorder with hattons and got it from the tmc but can’t remember off top of my head it is with tmc 

• Thanks 1