Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

Southwest has 47625 “City of Truro” BR blue weathered...

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/02/city-truro-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/

(It was somewhat of surprise, as 47625 was on Kernow’s stand at Warley, and quite possibly it was 47628 that was on Kernow’s shop window layout sneak appearance video and 47625 was listed on Kernow’s Facebook as a Future release)..So I don’t know if they were always planned that way, or if Kernow changed a decision, but coincidentally Gaugemaster are also selling Kernow 02’s and 4TCs now too.

Apologies I must have missed that one, so the South and West of England region are now getting a loco as well which is great but unfortunately for me out of my era.

Reading the history of 47625 it is still going in Colas livery under 47749 with the name as well post Demelza, hope Bachmann do this one in Colas as well in the future.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

Southwest has 47625 “City of Truro” BR blue weathered...

http://news.Bachmann.co.uk/2018/02/city-truro-class-47-sales-area-exclusive/

(It was somewhat of surprise, as 47625 was on Kernow’s stand at Warley, and quite possibly it was 47628 that was on Kernow’s shop window layout sneak appearance video and 47625 was listed on Kernow’s Facebook as a Future release)..So I don’t know if they were always planned that way, or if Kernow changed a decision, but coincidentally Gaugemaster are also selling Kernow 02’s and 4TCs now too.

Indeed, which makes me wonder if 47712 also in Kernow's shop window and at Warley is yet another Rep limited edition but for Scotland - or do those retailers have something else? I also wonder how they were really chosen. If I was the SW area Rep, I think I would have gone for the GWR150 liveried 47628 rather than 47625.

I did ask Kernow about 47628 being available from them as it was in their shop window and was told they'd had the models in to check them over, so perhaps Bachmann asked them to confirm the accuracy of several of the Rep models. Perhaps 47712 was the same; I didn't ask about it. I was also told that they were doing swops with shops in other areas, each selling each others' limited editions, which might explain the 02 and TCs.

Ok let's get back to talking about the actual products which has been started off by the DRS 47 and the Anglia 47 and by all accounts living up to expectations with others soon to follow.

Must admit I'm curious as to why the South and West of England regions are only getting the 'VDA van internal user army green (38-140IG) - £27.90' and not a locomotive as with the other regions, I know this is the Bachmann Rep's decision but would be interested to know the following;

1. Why would the VDA van be chosen?

2. Is it unique and special to the South and West of England?

Now, if you were the Bachmann Rep and wanted to choose a locomotive for the South and West of England what would that loco be that's currently available in the Bachmann range which would be liveried accordingly?

Would be good to know everyone's views and/or wishes for this particular region under this theme.

When this was first announced in 2017, everybody chuckled and were waiting for the punchline, it never came. Andy Y announced it on this forum and looks like readers chuckled. I presume Andy had seen these prior to us at the Press conference. Did they chuckle Andy? I think the rep must have been on a day off.

As now reported City of Truro was later announced.

As for our region, I couldn't think of a better choice. I have a feeling that a certain shop owner in Carlisle might have been consulted, possibly even demanded this livery. On a personal view they are all the wrong scale. Now that is what I would love to see in the future. I think the market although smaller in N could take it. Any unsold would be snapped up by me, renumbered and place in a safe place on my layout.

• Like 3

Good to see that Tim, has only a few remaining of these Rep DRS Specials, by undercutting everyone including Hattons, despite the agreement to all sell at the same price.

This would explain the call I had on Saturday asking to price match Arcadia and he would buy everyone we still had. I told the caller to buy everything that Arcadia had in that case.

This is the first and only time I am aware of that there has been an agreement by anyone to give the smaller retailers an opportunity to sell at the same price as everyone. Presumably Arcadia customers can look forward to Tim undercutting Hattons, Rails et al in future.

Just a note to you, Arcadia had a request for the sale of 8 of the Rep 47s but did not sell them, also he refused a customer requesting 4, I might add he still has some left, it would appear that the model is not that sought after considering the above and the unsold ones on E-Bay

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Indeed, which makes me wonder if 47712 also in Kernow's shop window and at Warley is yet another Rep limited edition but for Scotland - or do those retailers have something else? I also wonder how they were really chosen. If I was the SW area Rep, I think I would have gone for the GWR150 liveried 47628 rather than 47625.

I did ask Kernow about 47628 being available from them as it was in their shop window and was told they'd had the models in to check them over, so perhaps Bachmann asked them to confirm the accuracy of several of the Rep models. Perhaps 47712 was the same; I didn't ask about it. I was also told that they were doing swops with shops in other areas, each selling each others' limited editions, which might explain the 02 and TCs.

47712 is a Kernow Limited Edition . The Bachmann Rep ltd edition for Scotland is the same as the Northwest of England one , that all the fuss is about at Arcadia. We don't have that many model shops left up here to support our own Ltd edition. The AMRSS that runs Model Rail Scotland has its own limited edition 47708, but to get one youd need to go to exhibition (23/2 at SECC ) as there is no mail order and no restriction on number you can buy. Expect some appearing on eBay shortly!

Just a note to you, Arcadia had a request for the sale of 8 of the Rep 47s but did not sell them, also he refused a customer requesting 4, I might add he still has some left, it would appear that the model is not that sought after considering the above and the unsold ones on E-Bay

I think we can maybe all agree that this has been done to death. I have sent you a PM.

Anyway, my 47805 arrived today in the incredibly study as usual packaging from Bachmann. The only minor problem is that the buffers on the B end had become detached in transit and were rattling around the box but thankfully they've left no marks. Another top notch job from Bachmann - The Compass fade is superb! 

• Like 1

47712 is a Kernow Limited Edition . The Bachmann Rep ltd edition for Scotland is the same as the Northwest of England one , that all the fuss is about at Arcadia. We don't have that many model shops left up here to support our own Ltd edition. The AMRSS that runs Model Rail Scotland has its own limited edition 47708, but to get one youd need to go to exhibition (23/2 at SECC ) as there is no mail order and no restriction on number you can buy. Expect some appearing on eBay shortly!

It did state on the original advertising it was one per person, not sure whether that has changed or not

I think we can maybe all agree that this has been done to death. I have sent you a PM.

Received, but I was stating that you had actually took somebody's else story without checking with the Model Shop owner , which I think you should have done before posting

Little bit more work than removing the name though, 47818 now sports flush fronts on both ends and the 57 style radiator covers.

Currently yes, but once upon a time it was as per 805 albeit with Class 60 bufferheads at one end so is a viable option I guess

• RMweb Premium

I suspect the one only per person rule from the AMRSS follows the infamous incident at the Glasgow Show some years ago when a particularly infamous EBay Carpetbagger scooped up box fulls of ScotRail Class 158's leaving many genuine purchasers who had queued empty handed.

Edited by John M Upton

Hi everyone,

With regards 47708 for Model Rail Scotland. This is only available for those attending the show. As we are all volunteers we do not have the time to package and post Models out and this will only be an option if we have any left unsold. With over 100 sold to members of clubs within the AMRSS already I’m sure they will sell fast.

We want to sell the models and have not specified any restrictions on how many an individual can purchase despite what some people keep suggesting we should do. There will be Modellers buying an extra for friends etc who can’t make the show or perhaps groups who might leave one pal in the queue for them!

Hope that clears that up and look forward to seeing many of you at the show!

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It did state on the original advertising it was one per person, not sure whether that has changed or not

Nope that’s changed. See MRDBlues post above which confirms info posted on the limited edition thread.

Hi everyone,

With regards 47708 for Model Rail Scotland. This is only available for those attending the show. As we are all volunteers we do not have the time to package and post Models out and this will only be an option if we have any left unsold. With over 100 sold to members of clubs within the AMRSS already I’m sure they will sell fast.

We want to sell the models and have not specified any restrictions on how many an individual can purchase despite what some people keep suggesting we should do. There will be Modellers buying an extra for friends etc who can’t make the show or perhaps groups who might leave one pal in the queue for them!

Hope that clears that up and look forward to seeing many of you at the show!

Thanks

Mark

Yes it does, it means you care more for the carpetbaggers out to make a quick buck than you do about genuine modellers who would like to purchase from you but for whatever reason are unable to make the show, me personally, I live 450 miles away and am booked to work every day that weekend so it was either use 2 or 3 days leave and a 900 mile round trip, order one from you and have it posted, pay the inflated price on Ebay or do without, you have made it clear the only viable options are to pay the inflated prices or to do without.

<A genuine question>

If its so much effort to pack and post them why bother doing it in the first place?

Most other people are happy to post and dont forget  it was okay to buy the 08 off you a couple of years ago and you were more than happy to pack and post that one!

Oh I would have been happy to buy 10 or more (whatever is in a box to make it as easy as possible) and make them available down here for genuine modellers to buy at the normal RRP (a list of purchasers could have been provided) but as you are not interested in the 'ordinary' enthusiast it doesnt matter does it.

I am sure these will be very popular and will all sell out (probably to the carpetbaggers) so wont be an issue for you safe in the knowledge you have made your money.

Edited by royaloak

I suspect the one only per person rule from the AMRSS follows the infamous incident at the Glasgow Show some years ago when a particularly infamous EBay Carpetbagger scooped up box fulls of ScotRail Class 158's leaving many genuine purchasers who had queued empty handed.

See the post from MRDBLUE, they are not interested in who is buying them or how many they are buying, they just want them sold!

I would love to go up there and buy a hundred of the bloody things, paid for in 20p pieces!  :laugh:

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Premium

It wasnt even an eBayer it was one of the Model shops from the North of Scotland who bought several and was offering them with his mark up at the same exhibition .

I appreciate the AMRSS don’t want to be left with them . I really can’t see there is a danger of that. The 08 in WH Malcolm livery was quite niche in a not very attractive, although distinctive livery,and I’m not supplied it didn’t sell out at exhibition .The 158 and 47/7 are always going to do better than that. I just think it’s a shame they haven’t leaned from previous mistakes .

However this isn’t a Rep limited edition it’s one specific to AMRSS . There is a separate thread on the Model . If you feel so strongly about it I suggest you post on there . You may yet change AMRSS policy on not selling more than one per ticket holder

Edited by Legend

I appreciate the AMRSS don’t want to be left with them . I really can’t see there is a danger of that. The 08 in WH Malcolm livery was quite niche in a not very attractive, although distinctive livery,and I’m not supplied it didn’t sell out at exhibition .The 158 and 47/7 are always going to do better than that. I just think it’s a shame they haven’t leaned from previous mistakes .

They sold them all so how is it a 'mistake'?

It just makes it crystal clear what they think of genuine modellers who would like to purchase from them but cant make the show. 

Edited by royaloak

They sold them all so how is it a 'mistake'?

It just makes it crystal clear what they think of genuine modellers who would like to purchase from them but cant make the show.

Hi Royaloak,

I’m sorry you seem so angry that you can’t make the show to get a model but your following posts are just being rude and are not factual. If you had sent a polite PM we may have found a solution for you. As Modellers we do care that people can get this model but it’s produced to sell at the show and it’s only right people attending get the first opportunity to purchase one. I posted in good faith to clarify this point. We want every model produced to be a success so that the show can do more in the future and also to continue to make the show a success. We dont have the facility to sell online and post like a retail outlet can as I hope you can understand.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 3

Afternoon all,

we have also had an update from Bachmann about their Rep Limited Edition model today.

As you have all seen the news about 31-651DB, the other announcement is that of the loco replacing it in the release slot.

31-660DB Class 47/4 47628 "Sir Daniel Gooch" GWR 150 - £159.95.

31-660DB.jpg

This will be available exclusively from retailers in the Midlands, Wales & Ireland, and is expected to arrive within the next 60 days.

Alex

Did the prototype have the red stripe on the axleboxes?

• RMweb Premium