WILLIAM

Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

Good rebranding and renumber potential with that one 

I also have 37104, lovely model works nicely, although it seems a shame that Bachmann havnt changed the tooling much as previously mentioned, lends itself well to detailing and looks much improved when you add the Shawplan parts as well

NL

2 hours ago, Derails Models said:

Another rep special arriving into the Wales and West Midlands is 32-390DB, EWS Livery Class 37, 37704

49173185246_78148b2150_c.jpg

32-390DB by Derails Models, on Flickr

Got the spacing and weight  of E W & S spot on - looks so wrong, but that was just how the prototype was.

Roy

• Agree 1

Can anyone tell me if 37275 Stainless Pioneer has the frost grilles included with the loco 

Thanks.

On 13/12/2019 at 14:45, 47423 said:

Can anyone tell me if 37275 Stainless Pioneer has the frost grilles included with the loco 

Thanks.

Don't know about the frost grilles....but the model is missing the HI headlights............

It didn't have a Headlight when it was first named. 

• Agree 1

Yep a quick Google find pics with out headlights as well .... always worth a quick search before making an incorrect comment

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 47423 said:

Lasted till at least May 91 without. 

16 minutes ago, girlinb said:

Yep a quick Google find pics with out headlights as well .... always worth a quick search before making an incorrect comment

I did - it was the only photo that came up using just the No...(heaps of Blue photos) anyway I'm more familiar with it later as "Oor Wullie"  the model does however have the correct absent nose handrails at the No 2 end...........

On 13/12/2019 at 14:45, 47423 said:

Thanks.

Hi,

I just double checked mine and yes it does have the frost grills in the usual detail pack. The etched plates are also very well done too. 

It was only after looking through Flickr I spotted the frost grills in place in the early 90’s so adds further variety for me as it will be the only 37 in the fleet with them. Like Ken I only noticed the handrail detail after looking back at the real thing once I had my model.

When this one got announced I was quite happy as it fits in my early 90’s era project so ordered one and really pleased with it. I think Bachmann have done a really good job on it, Printing and livery is very sharp and they have matched prototype details particularly well. 

Thanks

Mark

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi,

I just double checked mine and yes it does have the frost grills in the usual detail pack. The etched plates are also very well done too. 

It was only after looking through Flickr I spotted the frost grills in place in the early 90’s so adds further variety for me as it will be the only 37 in the fleet with them. Like Ken I only noticed the handrail detail after looking back at the real thing once I had my model.

When this one got announced I was quite happy as it fits in my early 90’s era project so ordered one and really pleased with it. I think Bachmann have done a really good job on it, Printing and livery is very sharp and they have matched prototype details particularly well. 

Thanks

Mark

37223, 285, 332, 334 and 335 also kept their frost grills on to the end

On 15/12/2019 at 01:41, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

If you plan to fit rad frost grilles, worth considering Brian's excellent EE versions, much nearer to scale than the supplied ones, as the photo shows.

Regards

Ken

Edit: Re the Frost Grills supplied with 37 275 Stainless Pioneer - Bachmann appear to have revised the etches, the supplied grills are now much finer than earlier ones (see photo) and very similar to Shawplan EE versions. so much so I first thought he may have supplied them, but on closer inspection it appears not, as they are missing the small bolt head fixings near the diagonal bars.  A nice touch being Bachmann have painted the grille surround edges in 2 tone grey so it matches the model perfectly, this will also help to line it up if used, nice one Bachmann.......:good_mini:

DSC02697.JPG

DSC02833.JPG

Edited by tractor_37260
add photo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m wondering if we can expect another wave of interesting Ltd editions in the wake of Heljan and Accurascale announcing a new 47 and 37 respectively....

• Funny 1

22 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi,

Thanks

Mark

Many thanks, mine arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Foden said:

I’m wondering if we can expect another wave of interesting Ltd editions in the wake of Heljan and Accurascale announcing a new 47 and 37 respectively....

Possibly some Rep 47's next ?...............it also likely in view of recent announcements that the RRP of the 37's may be reduced a la 66's...............

Edited by tractor_37260
amend text

9 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

Possibly some Rep 47's next ...............it also likely in view of recent announcements that the RRP of the 37's may be reduced a la 66's...............

Which is no bad thing at all in my view.

I’m perfectly aware of their shortcomings, but the Bachmann 47 and 37 are still fantastic models in my view. I have many of both and don’t intend to stop there. I think they’re detailed enough to hold their own and not look out of place alongside a ‘next gen’ model of either type.

The only major draw towards an Accurascale 37 for me might be the provision for sound without milling the chassis, but I dare say I’ll happily run both.

Edited by Foden
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 16/12/2019 at 13:13, Foden said:

Which is no bad thing at all in my view.

I’m perfectly aware of their shortcomings, but the Bachmann 47 and 37 are still fantastic models in my view. I have many of both and don’t intend to stop there. I think they’re detailed enough to hold their own and not look out of place alongside a ‘next gen’ model of either type.

The only major draw towards an Accurascale 37 for me might be the provision for sound without milling the chassis, but I dare say I’ll happily run both.

Going by the pre-pro views of the Accurascale 37...chalk and cheese comes to mind....but time will tell....

• Agree 2