Bachmann Midland 1P 0-4-4T

Downer

17 minutes ago, Isambard Smith said:

Well...its a black 060 tender engine.  And thats an accurate description of 85% of all steam locos.

This!

How many people will care about another variation of a black locomotive. 

I do and others certainly do but the majority of purchasers won't.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

When it comes to black 0-6-0s, most people only "need" however many as will sit on the layout at any one time, with maybe a couple extras to rotate for variety.

Equally, though, few will want/need more than one of these in MR red. 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

When it comes to black 0-6-0s, most people only "need" however many as will sit on the layout at any one time, with maybe a couple extras to rotate for variety.

Equally, though, few will want/need more than one of these in MR red. 

John

However the Midland red one looks pretty - and as someone else observed are likely to be desirable as display pieces, not just running models. A plain black loco just doesn't have the same visual pull in a display cabinet.

When first released we saw a similar thing happen with the SECR C class - although a goods loco and having nothing to pull, the orate livery was a big hit with customers. Granted the most recent release has not sold as fast - but I suspect the higher prices Bachmann charge these days may have had an effect.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, phil-b259 said:

When first released we saw a similar thing happen with the SECR C class - although a goods loco and having nothing to pull, the orate livery was a big hit with customers. Granted the most recent release has not sold as fast - but I suspect the higher prices Bachmann charge these days may have had an effect.

That and there has been a glut of SECR Wainwright locos since. Wainwright P class are now bargains on Hattons for example....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

No, you want to be modelling the LNWR main line for that.

Nope. It was the Midland. Even Essery & Jenkinson cite that poem.

M is for Midland with engines galore
Two on each train and asking for more

It was LNWR engines that could be pulled backwards in pairs.....

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, Free At Last said:

I never had any email confirmation of my order.

If you didn't receive an email confirmation from Rails AFTER inputting your card details, you're probably unlikely to have pre-ordered.

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

Oh, well I paid by card over a month ago, got email notification and it's sitting there in my account as order pending. Still nervous though.

Perhaps as you said you hadn't dealt with Rails before, their email went to spam?

Anyway, squeaky bum time for us all.