Bachmann Midland 1P 0-4-4T

Downer

1 hour ago, Daveinnorfolk said:

I very much regret not ordering the Crimson example - does anyone know anywhere they’re not out of stock?

I think I'll be getting the popcorn out soon. Ebay is soon going to interesting...

16 minutes after I posted my above comment... it's begun. A shame really :(

Edited by Garethp8873

I've finally managed to escape the clutches of work and collect my DS 1P. Absolutely cracking little model, and I was pleasantly surprised when I haulage tested it to slipping point with 7 coaches (4 bogies and 3 CCTs). It also managed 3 much heavier Comet coaches with no fuss at all, so looks like its all systems go for a kit built driving end so as to be somewhat different to the Stanier BT bash.

My one little gripe is with the sound decoder, compared with Bachmanns own Jinty the 1P is a little bit...yeah. Its the one thing that lets an otherwise painfully gorgeous model down. Has anyone figured out a decent speaker replacement for the 1P yet? I'm not aiming for on par with an EM fitted Black 5, but on par with the Jinty would be nice.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Isambard Smith said:

I'm still waiting for mine.  48hr tracked postage...sent on Tuesday :(

Likewise, sent on Tuesday, Royal Mail 48 hour tracked; arrived today, so don't despair. PO is struggling a bit quite apart from the time of year. It's the still "Pending" that's bugging me...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

48 tracked has often been more than 48 for some time IME this year, and with the added Christmas mail then you just hope its not 48 days

Even email is running slow, I only got my link after some already recieved their models. Though Rails is definitely backed up, there seemsto be a 4-5 day wait on them getting Ebay orders out, let alone new stuff.

• Agree 2

Spoke to Rails on the 9th (and received email). Mine was dispatched that day and has yet to arrive (sent 48 hour). Rails have had a lot of pre-orders to dispatch. However, the delay is Royal Mail who have published that they have delivery issues. Some parcels are taking 7 days or longer to arrive.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Ordered mine on Wednesday from Cheltenham Model Centre  Royal Mail 48 hour tracked arrived Friday, pleased I took the plunge and purchased this model which runs like a dream on my layout  especially at slow speed. Well worth the wait guys!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Even email is running slow, I only got my link after some already recieved their models. Though Rails is definitely backed up, there seemsto be a 4-5 day wait on them getting Ebay orders out, let alone new stuff.

Having seen others receive theirs last weekend, I enquired this week about my pre-ordered MR 1P and had a reply from Rails on Friday with a message saying 'hopefully get this to you by the end of next week'... so I am hoping it does not get stuck in Christmas post!

all the best,

Keith

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, tractionman said:

Having seen others receive theirs last weekend, I enquired this week about my pre-ordered MR 1P and had a reply from Rails on Friday with a message saying 'hopefully get this to you by the end of next week'... so I am hoping it does not get stuck in Christmas post!

all the best,

Keith

Something to look forward to in the New Year.......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Pre-ordered two from Rails (separate orders as originally the sound and non-sound versions were due at different times). 

- Red one without sound was dispatched on Tues and still hasn't shown up. 

- Black one with sound was dispatched on Weds and arrived on Thursday. 

Go figure! 

Hoping the red one appears in tomorrow's post. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, LittleRedTrain said:

Pre-ordered two from Rails (separate orders as originally the sound and non-sound versions were due at different times). 

- Red one without sound was dispatched on Tues and still hasn't shown up. 

Interesting. My unsound red still showing as "pending".

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

After a nail biting week or so, mine from Rails are showing payment taken overnight.

I was very nervous this was going to tip into an oversold situation.

I ordered a s/h M7 last week via ebay, its not yet shipped, but a tracking number is showing. I think it’s about inline, as an Item ordered 30th Nov showed up last week...so it seems to be taking 7-10 days to leave and 2-3 to arrive via mail.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

57 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Interesting. My unsound red still showing as "pending".

Yes, same here- ordered the red, and it's still showing as "pending", and no payment taken yet. I only pre-ordered in mid-November, (just after the  "Precedents" were announced, I pre-ordered both at the same time), so I'm probably quite a long way down the list they've got to work through. Must admit I've been pondering whether I needed to chase up in case something had gone amiss, but based on posts above I'm not panicking too much just yet...

The Collectors' Club S&DJR one arrived on Friday though, and very nice it is too!

Edited by Invicta
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Well, I pre-ordered mine from them in April 2019...

Nov 2019 pre-order date for me for the red 'un...

I imagined somehow the earliest to preorder would be the soonest to receive, but perhaps my assumption on this is wrong? @Oliver Rails

For inf, as it happens, I ordered an LMS Black 1P from Derails just last Saturday and it arrived earlier this week on Tuesday... good effort there I reckon.

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tractionman said:

I imagined somehow the earliest to preorder would be the soonest to receive,

That's what I was told when I phoned Saturday and mine (Nov 5) was now being processed. I'm that panicky that I've secured 2 red ones from different sources at the same price, and the other one has been in the post for a week now.

Which begs the question, has this been a sell out product, I've never been involved in a new release scramble before. Or is it that the red one is so achingly attractive that they need to bring out more red ones, Precedent notwithstanding.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having had a half-hour each way on the rolling road, 58072 got as much again in layout mileage on Bournemouth Central this morning.

Ran very nicely at all speeds but developed a slight squeal. Cured by drops of oil each end of driving axles and to crankpins.

Fitted Kadees on return home #17 at either end - a tad short on the front and long on the back. Will possibly revisit after loaded trials. Height just within tolerance after filing the tops of the pockets flat.

John

Just spotted the separate cab doors that slide in from the top. Bravo Bachmann, lovely touch.

Edited by Dunsignalling
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1