The Kerrin Branch

gavinravenlane

As it is now very close to the layout being exhibited at Scaleforum ( https://www.scalefour.org/news/209.html ) I thought it would be nice to post up some more of the wonderful pictures (such as the one on the cover of the Scaleforum Show Guide) that Gordon Woods has been taking of the layout. Due to pressures of time in the next few days I am not going to add any comments at this time, but you are welcome to come and ask any questions at the show.

So here is a handful to wet your appetite... first a view through the trees

post-17743-0-86960400-1536780847_thumb.jpg

Then one across the coal yard

post-17743-0-41843000-1536780902_thumb.jpg

And finally one along the length of the layout

post-17743-0-30411600-1536780982_thumb.jpg

Hope to see some of you at the show

Gavin

• Like 8

Hi

Here is a track plan - sorry it is not very fancy - I am afraid I do fall foul a bit of what Tim suggests, spending time modelling rather than computing - thats the day job! So apologies for the delay and the unsophisticated plan.

KerrinheadTrackPlan.jpeg

Essentially it is a single-track branch terminus. It is around 16 feet long and approx. just under 3 feet wide.

Hope this is useful

Very useful thank you :)

• 1 year later...

A bit late in the day now, but just a quick reminder that Kerrinhead will be at the Cardiff show this weekend (19/20 Oct).

Gavin is probably too modest to say, but the layout was awarded the MRJ Chalice at Scaleforum in September 2018 - a real honour.

No new pictures at the moment (so you'll have to come and see it!), but there's a bit more Lancashire and Yorkshire stock in evidence now compared to previous outings.

Looking forward to operating over the weekend!