Coleborne Junction - Southern Steam 50's - 60's era

pitbull1845

WOW Scott, please explain to me how I have missed this up to now, :no:  What a fantastic layout, it looks so big and yet has an air of tranquility about it. I have scanned through the pics and read the first page but I am going to return and play catch up on the other pages later today.

Please keep those moody Black and White pics coming too as they are just great. but not to sure about the bits of American stock, hahahha

Andy :sungum:

• Like 2

Afternoon,

Glad you like the pictures. Thats all  I can take the credit for. 

I'm sure Mr Trackbed will be along at some point to answer questions.

It is  a lovely layout which is at that point where the smaller details can be added, and very nice it looks too. Hopefully the branch will be started later in the year. I'm looking forward to that. I'll amuse myself quite easily shunting the dairy up there...

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 1

Hi

The engine shed ground cover looks superb how did you achieve that ,what ballast did you use?

Scott

Hi Scott thanks for your comments. The ground cover was good fun to do,i use a mixture of woodland fine ballast,fine cinders some pollyfiller and a number of shades of paints and dyes and real ash the end result is just how you want it to be, just play around and experiment.It's the first time that i had done this and if i

had to give any tips it would be dont rush it just let things dry before the next step.

Regards

Nick

• Like 1

WOW Scott, please explain to me how I have missed this up to now, :no:  What a fantastic layout, it looks so big and yet has an air of tranquility about it. I have scanned through the pics and read the first page but I am going to return and play catch up on the other pages later today.

Please keep those moody Black and White pics coming too as they are just great. but not to sure about the bits of American stock, hahahha

Andy :sungum:

Hi Andy thanks for your comments glad you found us,hope you enjoy reading the other pages

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,

I attended Coleborne club last night, only took a few pictures.  Spent most of the night trying to move some track in the FY, it needed slight adjustment to make the curves flow better. Nothing else really to report.

post-6849-0-07950800-1370645761.jpg 

post-6849-0-71727900-1370645768.jpg

post-6849-0-80114400-1370645775.jpg

And one for you B&W fans.

post-6849-0-59269400-1370645784.jpg

I did take a very short vid, if I get chance I'll post it at a later date.

Cheers

Scott

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

More point movements in the hidden sidings to improve flow, plus have now wired in the first ZTC loco detector to roads 11 and 12 only another 5 units to go. Once the branch is built, all 12 storage roads will be hidden so these will be a necessity. Yard lights next I think, unless Nick does actually start the branch.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, now its a bit more of a reasonable time of day I'll post about the  pictures.

Picture 1 - Nothing new, just liked the emptiness.

Picture 2 - People have arrived at the station!

Picture 3 - Depot building removed for work, revealing the work bench and steps that are normally hidden away.

Picture 4 - New lights in the yard and one on the wall of the depot.

5 & 6 just general shots. 

There was a green thumper running around too. (sound fitted)

post-6849-0-47213600-1375801395.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

Morning,

Popped along to Coleborne last night, the workers were busy as usual gluing and building bits... I of course did nothing but watch! 

Last nights project was sticking down the buildings and pavements, and building a traffic island for the road. 

The local bus service to the station leaves the tunnel and approaches the High Street.

post-6849-0-00313300-1380704372.jpg

No running of trains last night either, apart from this one as we didn't think it had made an appearance on this thread before.

70030 William Wordsworth causes some interest with the group of young spotters.

post-6849-0-55152600-1380704055.jpg

post-6849-0-01876000-1380704074.jpg

The truck leaves the depot after unloading spare parts for the fitters.

post-6849-0-65254300-1380704132.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for looking.

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 15

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only just found this thread, great bit of Southern modelling, love the detail in the pictures and the cameo scenes really bring it to life.

Keep them coming.

Ray.

Thanks Ray for your comments, Scott takes some great pics.

Nick.

Great to see the new pictures Scott. The branch may well start before long, the carpenter has been to visit re. the lifting base board over the storage sidings for Wim Hill. Have to give some thought to point control etc. Will need to be able to operate them from the present control area when operating solo plus from in front of the new station when other operators are there. All good fun.

• 1 month later...

Latest update

Hi guys

The base boards have been constructed for the G.W.R. branch from Coleborne junction to Wimhill lane. I will start to take photos of the progress made

many thanks

Nick

• 4 weeks later...

Layout is coming along well and have enjoyed all the posts. Will wait now for the Wimhill portion to proceed. Maybe a GWR Diesel Railcar to run up to Wimhill or even a wandering Thumper Unit eh Nick with sound would be fantastic.? All the detail is fantastic and when the signals are complete they will add atmosphere.    Pooleboy

Evening at Coleborne last night, adding more scenic scatter, making more chimney pots etc. Nick now making his fifth and sixth signal kit before commencing the gantry unit. These Ratio kits are not the simplest to build but are ideal for adapting to match your own requirements. None the less the instructions are a little sparse, no indication is given to how much swearing and looking for bits on the floor is required. Hopefully Scott can pop over soon to do a photo of these, as ever, despite being another first attempt, Nick has made an excellent job. Bit of a late night, thought I  might lose my late pass but all ok. As Nick mentioned before the branch baseboard is now ready but I think with all the other things happening it may well be a while before anything happens here. Brian ( Wireman ).

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Another evening with swearing and looking for bits on the carpet as the sixth signal kit is finished. All now fixed in place. Some scenic areas have been revisited, ( glue on more stuff ) and many small details being added or improved. Hopefully someone will take more photos soon.  Brian. ( Wireman )