32-781 split headcode class 37

hoovernut

At risk of going off topic, it would appear that one partial answer to the low buffers on early issues is to cut them off, lift by around 1.5mm, then file around 0.8 - 1.0 mm off the base of the valances. This would put the buffers at the right height, and also bring the bottom of the valances into line with the inset beam that is part of the chassis. I'm sure this is not a totally correct answer, as there are no doubt other disparities in dimension on parts of the nose.

John.

At risk of going off topic, it would appear that one partial answer to the low buffers on early issues is to cut them off, lift by around 1.5mm, then file around 0.8 - 1.0 mm off the base of the valances. This would put the buffers at the right height, and also bring the bottom of the valances into line with the inset beam that is part of the chassis. I'm sure this is not a totally correct answer, as there are no doubt other disparities in dimension on parts of the nose.

John.

Yes that's more or less what I've done on this model, it's still work in progress, must get around to finishing it !  The original "part" BB has to be re-built to mount buffers. It's still not as accurate as I'd like, but the noses look a bit better.....

post-2215-0-46634400-1485620587_thumb.jpg

I've got a couple of new, never been run D6717 limited edition ones, will these will have the same front end problem?

Regards

Craig

D6717  being one of the first versions of Bach skirted 37's , it also unfortunately, has the same issues with the nose ends.. Not relevant to your question but, Bachmann also used the wrong body tooling for this model, with RSH type extra cantrail grille strip supports, D6717 was built at the Vulcan Foundry not RSH works.

Here she is later in life looking just a bit work weary.......................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tibshelf/5845147346/in/photolist-gh9e46-pzuYR5-a8poH2-e9e273-dYhebY-e5bRxJ-co2VvA-co2WeQ-pW43tD-co2Um5-gh8JK4-gh7zTZ-9UvUEw-bBptG1-bwig2y-Cwx5Xh-b7vckB-bsAtpB-co2VT1-e1Ys8H-b4oAv8-b7vcpR-bt8sk5-dkY9xL-b7wsdF-asWo7Z-gembic-kF3kcw-dtMSto-oGDfSV-bKXgPD-CRS3GR-EwNUBU-dYhenY-a8KtFk-oZ96Ne-9XKSEP-oGDfjv-AMK8uN-Ac5aa4-vpLugq-rnE5ax-L6Sgz9-JWZU9u-wNAruN-wfPwd8-sadmNC-sdd8cr-dLkXgq-4zkqnG

HTH

Ken

D6717  being one of the first versions of Bach skirted 37's , it also unfortunately, has the same issues with the nose ends.. Not relevant to your question but, Bachmann also used the wrong body tooling for this model, with RSH type extra cantrail grille strip supports, D6717 was built at the Vulcan Foundry not RSH works.

Here she is later in life looking just a bit work weary.......................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tibshelf/5845147346/in/photolist-gh9e46-pzuYR5-a8poH2-e9e273-dYhebY-e5bRxJ-co2VvA-co2WeQ-pW43tD-co2Um5-gh8JK4-gh7zTZ-9UvUEw-bBptG1-bwig2y-Cwx5Xh-b7vckB-bsAtpB-co2VT1-e1Ys8H-b4oAv8-b7vcpR-bt8sk5-dkY9xL-b7wsdF-asWo7Z-gembic-kF3kcw-dtMSto-oGDfSV-bKXgPD-CRS3GR-EwNUBU-dYhenY-a8KtFk-oZ96Ne-9XKSEP-oGDfjv-AMK8uN-Ac5aa4-vpLugq-rnE5ax-L6Sgz9-JWZU9u-wNAruN-wfPwd8-sadmNC-sdd8cr-dLkXgq-4zkqnG

HTH

Ken

Yes, a D6717 needs renumbering to a number in the D6769-D6795 range as well as the nose surgery and new cab front windows.

Archived