Heljan class 33

Hi,

I got my 00 Heljan class 33 out of the box last night for the first time in ages only to find that the destination blind glass had fallen out and is now missing.. 

is this something that can be replaced easily?  if so do Heljan keep them in stock or is it a case of pleading on the net trying to find one?!

Any ideas much appreciated!!

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I got my 00 Heljan class 33 out of the box last night for the first time in ages only to find that the destination blind glass had fallen out and is now missing..

is this something that can be replaced easily? if so do Heljan keep them in stock or is it a case of pleading on the net trying to find one?!

I think the Shawplan Extreme Etching Laserglaze kit includes the destination blind glass.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Howes of Oxford are the official Heljan spares stockist and they have what you need

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/category/Heljan%20OO%20class%2026%2027%2033%20spares?start=21&order=NULL

Hope that helps

Phil

I did look there but the only glazing I saw was for a 33/2, not a 33/0 or 33/1. I don't know what the OP had.

I assume the centre window is narrower but given all the changes to 33s Heljan have made, who knows!

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Hi,

is this something that can be replaced easily?  if so do Heljan keep them in stock or is it a case of pleading on the net trying to find one?!

Try Howes Models - they may have spare glazing sprues for a 33 ....................

https://www.howesmodels.co.uk/

• RMweb Premium

I believe the headcode panel on all variants of the class 33 is the same width in reality and therefore should be on the models.  It is only the overall body width which is slimmer on the 33/2s and this query does not concern the different grille details.

• RMweb Gold

I believe the headcode panel on all variants of the class 33 is the same width in reality and therefore should be on the models. It is only the overall body width which is slimmer on the 33/2s and this query does not concern the different grille details.

I agree that they should be the same. Heljan have, however, messed around with the face of the loco quite a bit from the first release. I wouldn't like to guarantee they are the same in model form.

Roy

• 1 year later...