Class 20 yellow logo

Shropshire Lad

• RMweb Premium

Think actually it was British Rail Telecommunications and as such I think there was about 6 loco's that where refurbished at their expense.

There's info on the BRT locos here:

http://www.samhallas.co.uk/railway/brt_locos.htm

Prior to their refurb some of these may well have carried the Civil Engineer's cabside flash, but the letters showed region the loco was allocated to. Presumably LMR on the class 20s

Think actually it was British Rail Telecommunications and as such I think there was about 6 loco's that where refurbished at their expense.

No its not, they had a big BRT logo on them instead, that is prior to them being fully repainted in the grey and green livery

It was a civil engineers logo and generally had the region in it ... I've certainly seen LMR and ScR

Edited by GordonC

A lot of class 31s down HD our way started getting them. And their ownership was the civil engineering region they were based at. Later on there would be repaints in the grey followed by the Dutch. I quite fancy that 20. Is it a new release?

Edited by PM47079

They were called DCE stripes (Department of Civil Engineers)

Classes that carried them - 20/26/31/33/37/50/73

There was also a grey version for MEE  (Mechanical & Electrical Engineers)

Classes that carried them - 20/26/31

[info taken from the excellent "British Rail Main Line Locomotives - Specification Guide by Pip Dunn]

Edited by wirey33

• 2 years later...