Hi Everyone

Can I ask if there is any news on the total price for the 2 locos. Mainly so I know how much I eould have to save in order to hopefully buy them 1 day.

No price announced yet but I would suspect somewhere in region of £300 to £400 for both

Sandra out of curiosity, can you tell us how much of the price will / is likely to go towards supporting the NRM?

No wooden box for me btw, it is a costly add on that serves no use to me.

No price announced yet but I would suspect somewhere in region of £300 to £400 for both

Sandra out of curiosity, can you tell us how much of the price will / is likely to go towards supporting the NRM?

No wooden box for me btw, it is a costly add on that serves no use to me.

Sorry, I have no idea as yet of the price but it will be plastered everywhere when I know.  Every penny made from the sale of all National Collection in Miniature models, and anything at all bought via locomotionmodels.com goes to the NRM to do good things!  For example,

The Class 71, of which we have a model, arrived at Shildon this week.  It will be going into our workshop in the coming months to be given some much needed tender loving care. Your purchases help projects like this. So, on behalf of locomotionmodels and the NRM - thank you!

• Like 1

Looking on the Bachmann site, they are releasing 66779 and the steam train Evening Star.

What is the UPS about the NRM limited editions? As far as one can tell the standard Bachmann release has etched name plates.

Livery samples are on the Bachmann site:

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/branchline/32-983.jpg&cat_no=32-983&info=0&width=800&height=254

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/branchline/32-850A.jpg&cat_no=32-850A&info=0&width=800&height=275

post-22366-0-35379200-1485026779.jpg

Edited by 159220
  • Like 2

Guest spet0114

Looking on the Bachmann site, they are releasing 66779 and the steam train Evening Star.

What is the UPS about the NRM limited editions? As far as one can tell the standard Bachmann release has etched name plates.

Don't forget the pipes.....

OK here is a more detailed description for you (pipes included!)

'The full specification and packaging of our recently announced NCiM Exclusive Editions of the Class 66 and 9F steam versions of Evening Star are still work in progress and therefore are not yet totally finalised.We have not yet signed off the final livery charts or livery EPs. That will be happening shortly.

However, we can reveal that both versions will match as closely as possible the museum condition of both locomotives shown in the pictures when 66779 was unveiled and named in the NRM in May 2016 and displayed alongside 92220.

Both will differ from Bachmann's main catalogue items and will feature a gloss paint (not varnish) finish of matching BR lined bronze green.  The steam version will also be finished as it is preserved (unlike the Bachmann catalogue version), including extensive copper pipework.

Both models will be available seperately but there will also be a special limited edition twin pack. Prices will be in line with Bachmann's main range items.  Some may be available in high quality wooden presentation boxes at a small premium.

All profits from the sale of the National Collection in Miniature range go directly to benefit Locomotion museum and the NRM'

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I look forward to confirmation of a special twin pack with wooden presentation box. Glad to see that Locomotion is continuing with the gloss finish theme.

Me too. Just hope Bachmann don't take as long to produce these as their 158 and class 90 are taking. Otherwise I'll be in my own wooden box before it's released.

Edited by Scottish-Exile

• RMweb Gold

10p? Yeah it's normal. I didn't pay anything. Eventually you'll get an email sent out manually.

Not wishing to disagree but... I paid the 10p deposit and got an order acknowledgement from Locomotion almost immediately, so I assume it was automatic.

Roy

Both will differ from Bachmann's main catalogue items and will feature a gloss paint (not varnish) finish of matching BR lined bronze green.

All profits from the sale of the National Collection in Miniature range go directly to benefit Locomotion museum and the NRM'

Thank you for the confirmation. I propose as a compromise I shall make a donation to the NRM when next in York as I am going to stay with my pre-order of the standard range. Gloss paint does not for me make the limited edition unique enough. It is a shame Bachmann released 66779 as a standard model as it would be been a superb limited edition to the NRM only.

No doubt there shall be some superb limited editions this year which I shall instantly order (43002/43185 cough cough).

Thank you for the confirmation. I propose as a compromise I shall make a donation to the NRM when next in York as I am going to stay with my pre-order of the standard range. Gloss paint does not for me make the limited edition unique enough. It is a shame Bachmann released 66779 as a standard model as it would be been a superb limited edition to the NRM only.

No doubt there shall be some superb limited editions this year which I shall instantly order (43002/43185 cough cough).

I'm sorry I have to disagree.

66779 should be a main range model. It's an iconic locomotive that will only become more so in future and will probably sell by the bucket load. Many of us aren't interested in highly glossed showpiece models and would like a model to run on our layouts. In fact it's one of the few modern locomotives that I would consider buying.

But others like them highly glossed in a showcase condition. I doubt that Locomotion are going to struggle selling the Limited Edition ones.

This way we have the best of both worlds.

Jason

• RMweb Premium

66779 should be a main range model. It's an iconic locomotive that will only become more so in future and will probably sell by the bucket load. Many of us aren't interested in highly glossed showpiece models and would like a model to run on our layouts. In fact it's one of the few modern locomotives that I would consider buying.

But others like them highly glossed in a showcase condition. I doubt that Locomotion are going to struggle selling the Limited Edition ones.

Jason

I agree Jason. The NCiM Locomotion Gloss King George V sold out quick enough, but I believe Hornbys standard NRM versio. Sold just as well.

Jason

66779 is part of Bachmann's main range this year and probably won't be in a glossy finish. The catalogue number is 32-983

• 1 month later...

No point doing a limited edition of 500 of something that'll sell 1500+ main range. Nice idea Locomotion doing the gloss one as an option, although I'll be buying the main range one I'm afraid as I'll be weathering/running it! Best of both worlds.

+1 on the 43002/185 FGW PC twin pack. They'd fly out.

• RMweb Premium

I've preordered both the 66 & 9F gloss ones. Happy to support the NRM, plus i love the look of the gloss locos. The twin set will be a boxed set with certificate. Hopefully it's a nice wooden box. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Edited by Hilux5972

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has anyone heard any whispers or anything as to whether the 9F is definitely going ahead? The website still says on the preorder page that the 9F is due late 2017 "if we decide to go ahead with it". I know the 66 is confirmed but would be good to know about the 9F too.

Has anyone heard any whispers or anything as to whether the 9F is definitely going ahead? The website still says on the preorder page that the 9F is due late 2017 "if we decide to go ahead with it". I know the 66 is confirmed but would be good to know about the 9F too.

Yes we are definitely going ahead, the model will be available later in the year but you can reserve one now, either via the website or ringing. 

• Like 1