Any updates when this is due? I've placed a pre-order, but haven't paid the £50 deposit - I take it I can either pay for it in full in one go or do the £50/remaining balace thing when it arrives?

We are expecting delivery January 2018 however this is subject to change as amendments are being made on the model.

if you have reserved the model there is no need to do anything else until you are contacted by us to pay for the model approximately 4 weeks prior to release.

Many thanks

Simon & Stuart

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Which how many years away. Less than 10 i should think.

Terry.

Considering that the first 66s arrived on these shores in 1998 and most are still going very strong, I doubt 66779 will be retired soon, as it only entered service in 2016.....

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I was told at Warley there would be an email going out about this last week, which hasn't arrived, so may as well post it - there has been a delay, meaning both Evening Stars are due at Easter.

Thank god for that. Probably won’t be able to afford the set until then haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told at Warley there would be an email going out about this last week, which hasn't arrived, so may as well post it - there has been a delay, meaning both Evening Stars are due at Easter.

That's actually good news for my wallet, really looking forward to this shed and it's gloss finish.

• Like 1

Hi Sandra

Is this still available as a pair.  I am sure I ordered it and paid a deposit of £50  for DEP003  but  on the Locomotion News Letter today  I clicked on your web and DEP003  appears to have vanished in to the ether.  Does that means the allocation is now sold out or it will no longer be  offered as a boxed pair?

VC

• RMweb Premium

Sandra is gone Viscount D, it’s Simon and Stuart at Locomotion Models now. I’d wager that means they box set is all allocated. They have told me mine is definitely reserved for me so if it’s gone from the website I’d say it’s full reserved.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, I went onto the Locomotion website a few minutes ago and apparently the Class 66 Evening Star is being released in the next 10 days on 5 Feb...imagine my shock :O

I had paid a £50 deposit but was non the wiser about the release date due to not receiving any comms.

Edited by classy52

Funny, I went onto the Locomotion website a few minutes ago and apparently the Class 66 Evening Star is being released in the next 10 days on 5 Feb...imagine my shock :O

I had paid a £50 deposit but was non the wiser about the release date due to not receiving any comms.

I registered an interest for 10p when it was first announced but have not received any further comms yet either....? Did the same for the Royal 47 and was contacted once prices and release dates were known.

I pre ordered the special twin pack at the very start of the process, but I've received zero in the form of communication can NRM advise please?

Having ordered the box set myself  and now that NRM are saying the models will be available shortly  (well at least the class 66)  It would be good if Simon or even Stuart could clarify if these orders will be honoured as the Locomotion web site is blank on the subject of the box set of both locos which I am sure many members will have ordered

Just a quick check in as I’m currently riding behind 47406 and 13065 at the Great Central Railway Steam Gala, but we are only due the class 66 in the next few weeks the box set will be available in Summer as that is when we are due to get he 9f, if you have already ordered or reserved the box set, then that is still current the reason it’s no longer in the website is that we have allocated all sets.

Regards

Stuart

Ps please say hi if you see me today

• Like 3