Communications on these do seem a bit poor, I was unaware a price is now on the website for the 66. Having pre-ordered it when no price was available, an email would have been nice.

Roy

Agree. But good to see that the price for the limited edition is the same as the RRP for the standard version. The glossy finish looks much more prototypical in my eyes.

• RMweb Premium

It and the 66 better have a gloss finish or I'm cancelling the order.

Also can you tell us how much we owe for the box set as I'm still none the wiser. Thanks

I don’t think even Locomotion know the price for the boxed set yet. I need to start saving some penny’s too so it would be nice to know how many.

We are pleased to annonce the class 66 will be available in the coming week.

We can confirm the price of the 9f will be £169 and the Box Set will be £359, we will be touch with all customers who have reserved these models in the coming weeks.

Regards

Simon & Stuart

Yep you have my money and can't wait for your glorious glossy 66, did I say glorious 66 :no:

We can confirm the price of the 9f will be £169 and the Box Set will be £359, we will be touch with all customers who have reserved these models in the coming weeks.

Regards

Simon & Stuart

Thanks. Confirmation on the gloss status please?

And when will you be wanting payment for the box set?

For those who were/are wondering, apart from the gloss finish, what else you get* on the NRM edition for the extra £33 compared with Bachmann's standard item, it has finally been revealed that you get a bell, which looks like turned brass.

And some very odd 'curly covered' air brake hoses (real ones are smooth).

Those with an eye for detail might notice that the model bell is a very different shape to what's on the loco. The NRM says the bell is a customer fitment, so stand by with your superglue! Other than that, there remains silence on the subject, so we must assume that's it.

And, before anyone asks, yes I did e-mail asking these questions around Christmas, but never had a reply.

Hopefully this might help for anyone trying to decide which one to buy?

* Obviously the warm glow of helping to fund the NRM, a little.

post-5956-0-02395200-1517587792_thumb.png

post-5956-0-05409100-1517587869_thumb.png

• Like 1

For those who were/are wondering, apart from the gloss finish, what else you get* on the NRM edition for the extra £33 compared with Bachmann's standard item, it has finally been revealed that you get a bell, which looks like turned brass.

Those with an eye for detail might notice that the model bell is a very different shape to what's on the loco. The NRM says the bell is a customer fitment, so stand by with your superglue! Other than that, there remains silence on the subject, so we must assume that's it.

And, before anyone asks, yes I did e-mail asking these questions around Christmas, but never had a reply.

The bell is quite obvious, maybe Bachmann reached into their parts bin and just grabbed one they thought would do?

The hoses again not the same including the lack of colour coding for each of the connectors, btw the wipers where they are connected are also not prototypical as well as the orange cover/flap just below GB Railfreight but now I'm being really silly...or am I?

Thanks for the pictures.

But the RRP for the standard loco is £169 (see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130695-Bachmann-incoming-january-2018/page-1) and for the NRM edition it is also £169. There is no £33 extra. Or have I missed something?

Thanks for the pictures.

But the RRP for the standard loco is £169 (see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/130695-Bachmann-incoming-january-2018/page-1) and for the NRM edition it is also £169. There is no £33 extra. Or have I missed something?

You can get the standard release for about £135 if you look around so don't worry about the RRP as it only applies to the NRM edition thus won't be discounted.

From the photos posted above, I note the orange cantrail stripe is too high and a different GBRF logo on the cab front? Maybe it's changed recently but unsure on the modern scene.

The GBRf logo on the cab front is accurate thus as portrayed when it was at the NRM.

Hmmm, so vacuum hoses and an oversized bell?  And crooked bogie steps by the look of it.  A typical Bachy 'shed' then...  :jester:

Hmmm, so vacuum hoses and an oversized bell?  And crooked bogie steps by the look of it.  A typical Bachy 'shed' then...  :jester:

That bell is really starting to bother me now, I can't get it out my head like that tune you hear on the radio that's really crap but catchy.

Also is it me or does that bell extend too far out from the body...there's that bell again :scared:

Regards

Simon & Stuart

Thank you Simon and Stuart,    I was concerned as the  box set  had vanished from the web site with no mention of why  and I thought it may have been dropped rather than the allocations sold out.  Therefore as I have it on order no doubt  someone will be in touch when the final payment is needed and the set is ready for delivery?  

Regards

Simon & Stuart

So the box set is  21 pounds more  than ordering the two  locomotives separately!!  I guess that's because  of the box, or are there some additional features we should get excited over?

• RMweb Gold

I have got the email to pay the balance but when I click on the link there is no ability to pay, just what appears to be a holding page, maybe it will sort itself out next week.

If you type “balance” in the search box after clicking on the link it should display a link to pay the balance payment on the Class 66.

If you type “balance” in the search box after clicking on the link it should display a link to pay the balance payment on the Class 66.

Thanks for that, all sorted and bank balance lightened accordingly, I needed to click on the 'forthcoming models' link' which wasnt made clear in the email.

Isnt it amazing what getting some sleep can do!

Edited by royaloak

The bell is quite obvious, maybe Bachmann reached into their parts bin and just grabbed one they thought would do?

The hoses again not the same including the lack of colour coding for each of the connectors, btw the wipers where they are connected are also not prototypical as well as the orange cover/flap just below GB Railfreight but now I'm being really silly...or am I?

Given that the real loco was on display in the NRM for a number of weeks (and therefore easily accessible by Locomotion Models), it's a shame that the bell and support bracket were not measured at the time for a more accurate shape for the limited edition version.

Maybe these pictures will help? Of interest is that 'GBRf 66779' is very fainted etched onto the front of the bell, if you look closely.

Naturally, if anyone has access to drawings for the bell/bracket, then please message me. I have a cunning plan...

post-5956-0-55537100-1518374317_thumb.png

post-5956-0-72488700-1518374414_thumb.png

post-5956-0-13098500-1518374465_thumb.png

• Like 3