• RMweb Premium

I think the reason why 66779 was fitted with a bell is because it is to celebrate and commemorate the fact that it will be the last Class 66 to be built for the UK.

And that the first of the "shed" lineage into the UK - 59001 - is also fitted with a bell.

Cheers,

Mick

Does anyone think this now sort of de-values the Locomotion Class 66 (apart from the gloss paint job and costing £176.50 incl. delivery) with Rails now offering a brass bell set as per link below;

https://railsofsheffield.com/pair-of-brass-bells-with-brackets-for-the-class-66779-evening-star-locomotive-JJJA35567?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=98b0dbdfce-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_05_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-98b0dbdfce-5491421

I'm sort of on the fence but maybe this brass bell set should just been kept on the Locomotion release?

Edited by classy52
  • Like 1

Ok why didn't Bachmann just add it to the standard release?

Hi, Bachmann did not produce the bell for either version. We had these specially commissioned by our friends at Rapido

If you think the RRP of the standard evening star is £169.95, the LIMITED EDITION locomotion model finished in gloss with the bells included all for £176.50 seems good to me.

Hi, Bachmann did not produce the bell for either version. We had these specially commissioned by our friends at Rapido

If you think the RRP of the standard evening star is £169.95, the LIMITED EDITION locomotion model finished in gloss with the bells included all for £176.50 seems good to me.

Judging by the pictures earlier in this thread the bell & brackets aren't even the same looking one as the prototype, check post #111.

Yes £169.95 is the RRP for the standard release but who pays RRP (unless you don't shop around) whereas people could have pre-ordered it between £135.96 (Rails price, I nearly did but went for the unique Locomotion release) to £145, anyway don't care about the price because I wanted to support NRM like I'm supporting Rails by purchasing both your special 66's and hope you do more loco's in the future in current modern image.

Now back to the bell set, any idea why Rapido couldn't get it right?...just seems like a hit & miss exercise.

• Like 1

Are these bells only for sale with Rails? The advert implies you can get them through the NRM too, I have look extensively on the NRM website and Locomotion without luck. I rather give a charity my money than Rails if I had a choice.

I think going by what Oliver said about Rails specially commissioning them from Rapido then the answer is most probably yes only sold by Rails unless I'm corrected.

Edited by classy52

I have no wish to be a party-pooper... and likewise I'm no bell expert... but might it have been a good idea to make the bell the correct shape and size?   :scratchhead:

Edited by YesTor

Are these bells only for sale with Rails? The advert implies you can get them through the NRM too, I have look extensively on the NRM website and Locomotion without luck. I rather give a charity my money than Rails if I had a choice.

The way I understand it is the NRM loco includes the bell, Rails have specially commissioned the bell to be sold separately.

The way I understand it is the NRM loco includes the bell, Rails have specially commissioned the bell to be sold separately.

Does anyone every get a response from Locomotion? I have been calling them for 3 days and the message says they are open from 10am leave a message (I call and do after 10am) but no response still! I'm starting to sound like one of my customers moaning I know but 3 days and 5 messages is a bit silly...

That bell on the Locomotion picture looks O gauge  :mosking: at the risk of getting hung drawn and quartered. Sticks out nearly as far as the buffer shanks, and too wide. No doubt Shawplan will produce one in due course..

Standard finish release for me on order, and I'll go scale bell hunting shortly.

Re a previous comment, all Bachmann 66s have air hoses in the accessories bag, they're just horrid ribbed things which is a mystery. I have a stash of nice Shawplan cast ones thankfully which improve the appearance no end! 

Looking forward to getting this one, special loco. Standard release is sold out on pre order needless to say.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone every get a response from Locomotion? I have been calling them for 3 days and the message says they are open from 10am leave a message (I call and do after 10am) but no response still! I'm starting to sound like one of my customers moaning I know but 3 days and 5 messages is a bit silly...

Try a forum PM. Occurs to me that a more appropriate name for this edition should be Tinkerbell....

Edited by Ian Hargrave
  • Like 1

Sorry we have missed your call, understandably we have been packing up the class 66 model for dispatch on a separate site so I have been unable to answer the phone straight away. However an answer phone message is available and I'm currently working through the messages and ringing people back. Apologies for this and if I have not been in touch by Friday dinner time please give me a ring.

Regards

Stuart

Sorry we have missed your call, understandably we have been packing up the class 66 model for dispatch on a separate site so I have been unable to answer the phone straight away. However an answer phone message is available and I'm currently working through the messages and ringing people back. Apologies for this and if I have not been in touch by Friday dinner time please give me a ring.

Regards

Stuart

I left you a message yesterday and again this morning, I'll wait until I hear from you

Thanks

Got my Evening Star today from Locomotion and have to say what a winner!!!

The model in gloss paint is superb and has won me over big time and it just looks right, see pictures below;

Hats off to Bachmann & NRM for this wonderful Shed.

post-30580-0-02476700-1518715165_thumb.jpg

post-30580-0-82205000-1518715173_thumb.jpg

post-30580-0-82867200-1518715186_thumb.jpg

Edited by classy52
  • Like 3

My locomotion 66779 arrived today,

Cracking model, that gloss coat of paint really does finish it off and I’d say looks more realistic than the standard release.

Here’s a few pictures of it on my layout, I haven’t yet added the bell as I didn’t want anyone getting upset by it...

The bell will get added when I do the nameplates, I’ll do my best not to cry about the shape of the bell but then again it’s only 5mm tall so I think I’ll be fine!

Cheers

Adam

post-18185-0-14078100-1518722088_thumb.jpeg

post-18185-0-78733300-1518722128_thumb.jpeg

post-18185-0-62627800-1518722139_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

That bell on the Locomotion picture looks O gauge :mosking: at the risk of getting hung drawn and quartered. Sticks out nearly as far as the buffer shanks, and too wide. No doubt Shawplan will produce one in due course..

Standard finish release for me on order, and I'll go scale bell hunting shortly.

Re a previous comment, all Bachmann 66s have air hoses in the accessories bag, they're just horrid ribbed things which is a mystery. I have a stash of nice Shawplan cast ones thankfully which improve the appearance no end!

Looking forward to getting this one, special loco. Standard release is sold out on pre order needless to say.

post-450-0-59703100-1518723190_thumb.png

I reckon Bachmann looked at the real pipes , but overcooked the wrap round style pattern on them into full on ribs. Having said that these have been around since 2005 so no excuse in 2018....I use hoses from Hornby class 60

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1

Can we now put this topic to bed

Put what topic to bed? :scratchhead: 

The Locomotion Evening Star Class 66 do you mean, as I don't think they have sold them all yet. And I doubt everyone who has ordered them have received them yet. Certainly not those that also ordered the 9F. Hence why people are getting agitated as to why they can't get in touch with the retailers. I'm still wavering as I would quite like one but don't really like gloss finishes, but would prefer one with a bell as it's supposed to have one.

We haven't seen the bell applied to a model either. There is still plenty to be discussed in this thread before it's "put to bed".

Jason