Hi All

As a break from my usual US outline models I thought I'd tackle a couple of HO Czech diesels that I've had sitting in the model stash. Both are Roco

The Class 749 Zamracene is one of my all-time favorite locos. This was mainly due to my first encounter with the prototype at Prague main station - a pair came through the trainshed with an enginners train at full bore making a superb racket!

Using some pictures of Roco supplied running number found on the Zelpage website I've tried to match as close as possible. Roof was airbrushed with LifeColour Roof Dirt with the grills and exhaust highlighted LifeColour Burnt Black. The underframe was done with several light passes with various dirt / mud shades from Vallejo Air and then dirt washes and oil / grease effects from AK interactive. The start of tin worn under the windscreens was LifeColour Light Rust acrylic applied with a piece of sponge

31592222574_418ae2e233_z.jpg

The Class 753 Brejlovec is also Roco again I tried to match it as closely as possible to the prototype photos I got from Zelpage. The loco in question had obviously not seen a repaint since CSD days so it was a chance to add a faded paint finish along with a v corroded roof. The underfame was done the same combo of materials as the Cl 749. The roof rust was LifeColour rust shades airbrushed in random patterns and then added applied with a sponge to get a feathered edge along the remaining grey sections. The grills and exhaust were picked out in LifeColour Weathered and Burnt Black

31623641033_e72867efcc_z.jpg

31623641343_34d06095b0_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

As a break from my usual US outline models I thought I'd tackle a couple of HO Czech diesels that I've had sitting in the model stash. Both are Roco

The Class 749 Zamracene is one of my all-time favorite locos. This was mainly due to my first encounter with the prototype at Prague main station - a pair came through the trainshed with an enginners train at full bore making a superb racket!

Using some pictures of Roco supplied running number found on the Zelpage website I've tried to match as close as possible. Roof was airbrushed with LifeColour Roof Dirt with the grills and exhaust highlighted LifeColour Burnt Black. The underframe was done with several light passes with various dirt / mud shades from Vallejo Air and then dirt washes and oil / grease effects from AK interactive. The start of tin worn under the windscreens was LifeColour Light Rust acrylic applied with a piece of sponge

31592222574_418ae2e233_z.jpg

The Class 753 Brejlovec is also Roco again I tried to match it as closely as possible to the prototype photos I got from Zelpage. The loco in question had obviously not seen a repaint since CSD days so it was a chance to add a faded paint finish along with a v corroded roof. The underfame was done the same combo of materials as the Cl 749. The roof rust was LifeColour rust shades airbrushed in random patterns and then added applied with a sponge to get a feathered edge along the remaining grey sections. The grills and exhaust were picked out in LifeColour Weathered and Burnt Black

31623641033_e72867efcc_z.jpg

31623641343_34d06095b0_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Some of the best weathering jobs I've seen. 

Archived