Staffordshire Finescale Group - modelling showcase - 8th July 2017

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

On 8th July 2017, we will be showcasing several layouts built by members of the group. Our aspiration is to offer a show with a relaxed atmosphere, where we are able to interact with visitors and describe the methods and materials used while we operate the layouts on display.

On show will be two layouts making their first public appearance (Tackeroo and The Contract) along with a chance to see Black Country Blues and Diesels in the Duchy away from the mainstream exhibition circuit. Completing the line up are The Mill, Felton Lane (Goods) and Fryers Lane; all examples of finescale modelling in a limited space which have not previously been exhibited locally.

The event takes place on Saturday 8th July 2017 at Gnosall Memorial Village Hall, Lowfield Lane, Gnosall, Staffs ST20 0ET. Opening times are 11:00 to 17:00 admission costs £5.

There is free parking and disabled access at the venue. A half-hourly bus service provides connections to Stafford and Telford stations.

post-6677-0-24351900-1485160022_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

May I ask.... is this a new modelling group in the area??

John

Hi John. We formed the group a while ago, around 2011, although in reality many of us had collaborated on projects before that. We don't aim to be a club, more a group of friends with similar interests who support and encourage each others modelling, while occasionally taking on a group project, such as BCB.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Mark.

I shall look forward to the show.

There is no connection with the Stafford Railway Circle that are hosting their own show on the 4th and 5th of February 2017. A very different kind of show

Andy

• RMweb Premium

There is no connection with the Stafford Railway Circle that are hosting their own show on the 4th and 5th of February 2017. A very different kind of show

Andy

I've just posted on the Tackeroo thread, we will be tracking our race to the line on this thread

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/78399-tackeroo-the-cannock-chase-military-railway-project/page-5&do=findComment&comment=2588832

Please follow us and if you can come and see us

Andy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Andy

I know Andy..... it`s a very broad church exhibition which I`ve done a couple of times.

john

• RMweb Premium

I know Andy..... it`s a very broad church exhibition which I`ve done a couple of times.

john

Sorry I didn't mean to patronise you. 

I felt the need to tell the world and if I'm honest, the post gets the thread into my 'New Content I've participated in'.

It also gives my chums at the Stafford Railway Circle a plug.

Andy

I know Gnosall (but not all of it.......)  First time I drove through, coming from Newport in the dark, I nearly went straight on and ended up in the middle of the village.  It's a bit disconcerting to find a sharpish right hand turn, especially with a good looking road going straight ahead.  Some decent looking pubs in the area.

Edited by 5050
  • Like 1