Oxford N7

Hi,

the decoder is sitting in the rear tank:

44022245ts.jpg

Oxford N7 LNER chassis with original ESU Loksound 5 micro

The 8-pin socket version of the decoder is a generic Nest18 decoder with an 8-pin adapter, which is the default configuration. 

Best,

Mark

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Guardian said:

Hi,

the decoder is sitting in the rear tank:

44022245ts.jpg

Oxford N7 LNER chassis with original ESU Loksound 5 micro

The 8-pin socket version of the decoder is a generic Nest18 decoder with an 8-pin adapter, which is the default configuration. 

Best,

Mark

Ah, thank you :)

The flexi PCB is long enough and has bends in the right places to imply it sits on the motor, but no room!

So when I chipped by DC one and shoved it under the bunker, I was spot on!

Thanks again

• 8 months later...

Now that Accurscale have announced a j69 model of the Liverpool st East side pilot, I wonder if Oxford rail could be tempted to do 69614 the West side pilot. 

(picture from The Colour of steam The Great Eastern line by RC Riely)

20230322_105824.jpg

Edited by GM36
  • Like 10

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

If you are modelling it as preserved you'll need an extra one (apologies it's fuzzy :( )

IMG_20171223_110716.jpg.ada14bf9370081d71783aef482ba642c.jpg

I thought the worksplate on an N7 was on the bunker but if it was on 69621 it wasn't when I took these photos about 10 years ago

IMG_20171223_110814.jpg.5aa47eed781a821ecb7b15ade193b4a8.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes, I only learned about the newer works plate it carries the other day. But no I'm modelling it as in service so would only need an actual LNER works plate.

My knowledge of LNER matters is not great, so I'm not sure what to put for the works number when I order it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As this was the last locomotive constructed at Stratford to a GER order but completed under the LNER, it would have had an LNER-style small works plate rather than the large former GER number plate. The number would have been either 999 or 999E, depending on when the plate was ordered - certainly it was ex-works in March 1924, 6 months after the introduction of the Area suffix letters, but also how Stratford conformed with that edict. See the photograph of 996E, from the same batch, on p3 of Yeadons's Register volume 27.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Pint of Adnams said:

As this was the last locomotive constructed at Stratford to a GER order but completed under the LNER, it would have had an LNER-style small works plate rather than the large former GER number plate. The number would have been either 999 or 999E, depending on when the plate was ordered - certainly it was ex-works in March 1924, 6 months after the introduction of the Area suffix letters, but also how Stratford conformed with that edict. See the photograph of 996E, from the same batch, on p3 of Yeadons's Register volume 27.

Thank you very much. I knew about the plate style, but was unsure about the number so thanks for the handy info 👍

• Like 2