Oxford N7

Not at all likely in a regular service, but they were quite often used for excursions at weekends - despite the total absence of lavatory facilities - so are known to have done so in summer.

There exists a photo of a footex at Luton Bute Street formed of GN Quad-Arts with an Ivatt 4mt at the head bound for somewhere east, Ipswich perhaps. 

I imagine even in the 50s the occupants would have been making use of the event to get tanked up...

The Nim.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks both - struggling to find anything remotely 54' kit wise :(

There is a picture of a Quint set on the Steve Banks site near Brentwood (presumed excursion) so there's hope for that! I guess I'm just trying to find an excuse for running an N7 with a quint set on the Chelmsford line (without falling back to rule 1).

I'll try not to hijack the thread any more :) Thanks

• Like 1

I'll try not to hijack the thread any more :) Thanks

Please carry on, this thread has been very quiet over the last couple of months, anything related is good discussion IMO! Hopefully it will come to life post-London Toyfair later this month. 

Please carry on, this thread has been very quiet over the last couple of months, anything related is good discussion IMO! Hopefully it will come to life post-London Toyfair later this month. Quite 

Quite right, I follow this strand for that reason, plenty of positive comments. As a modeler of the GE - LNER section the N7 one of the best engines to choose from. I'm surprised it's taken this long for a manufacturer to do such a popular locomotive!!  Plus as my layout is set pre WWII having a B17,B12,D16/3 and a pair of J15's it's not right to not have the suburban tank engine.

It's just a matter of time before I can hopefully see a J17, J20, J67/8/9 and the LNER E4 Intermediate in the RTR range 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Quite right, I follow this strand for that reason, plenty of positive comments. As a modeler of the GE - LNER section the N7 one of the best engines to choose from. I'm surprised it's taken this long for a manufacturer to do such a popular locomotive!!  Plus as my layout is set pre WWII having a B17,B12,D16/3 and a pair of J15's it's not right to not have the suburban tank engine.

It's just a matter of time before I can hopefully see a J17, J20, J67/8/9 and the LNER E4 Intermediate in the RTR range 

I don't expect a RTR J17 or J20 to be in the offing any time soon but an F5 would be very welcome.

I don't expect a RTR J17 or J20 to be in the offing any time soon but an F5 would be very welcome.

I would've thought an E4 or a J67-69 would sell like hotcakes. An E4 as a small quirky 2-4-0, and the J67-69 as a diminutive, cute tank which worked all over the ex-LNER system and had a very famous member of the class which carried both Apple Green and GER Blue in BR days.

• RMweb Premium

I would've thought an E4 or a J67-69 would sell like hotcakes. An E4 as a small quirky 2-4-0, and the J67-69 as a diminutive, cute tank which worked all over the ex-LNER system and had a very famous member of the class which carried both Apple Green and GER Blue in BR days.

I was only talking of the J17/J20.

• RMweb Gold

It's a shame that there is no photo,however they don't seem too open in sharing photo's etc, but on the bright side we could see the model at the end of the year to the start of 2019.

Ooh, there's a race to see if I finish my kit first lol

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They're hoping for decorated samples for the Toyfair 2018 in January. .

Toyfair starts tomorrow, Tuesday, so if any of us are there, a few photos of the N7 would be very welcome, please!

John Storey

• Like 1

Spotted at the London Toy Fair yesterday:

Looks good the later version is just what I need for my (yet to be built) Widford (on the Buntingford Line) layout!

Edited by wamwig

• RMweb Gold

Looks good :)

Not looked closely, and not going to - but one observation is the round-topped firebox boiler has round head smokebox rivets. The particular part 3 loco I'm building happens to have flush head rivets - but then that boiler might not be one for a part 3 :)

Edited by Bucoops