Oxford Rail announces Warwells

mikeharvey22

That's interesting, because, although that's clearly the Fowler steam road roller that's part of the Oxford Diecast range, it isn't in any of the liveries that the model carries in that range. But the ones in the Diecast range are all real liveries carried on existing preserved rollers - the type that you'd see at steam fairs up and down the country.

I presume they've gone for a more generic fictitious livery for the one that accompanies the Warwell because that makes more sense in a railway modelling context.

• 4 weeks later...

What happened to the Warwells with tanks on, did they sell out super quick? They seemed to go from pre order to out of stock everywhere almost over night, struggling to find one anywhere...

Edit: found a couple dotted around the internet

Edited by GreenGiraffe22

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Has anyone heard anything about the modern Warwells? I pre-ordered mine last year and subsequently signed up for updates but there's been nothing from Oxford. I see they still show as future but while we have seen prototypes for the subsequently announced rail gun there don't appear to be any for the Warwells. If nothing out there I'll have to try and ask at Warley.

Has anyone heard anything about the modern Warwells? I pre-ordered mine last year and subsequently signed up for updates but there's been nothing from Oxford. I see they still show as future but while we have seen prototypes for the subsequently announced rail gun there don't appear to be any for the Warwells. If nothing out there I'll have to try and ask at Warley.

The modern ones, plus the second B batch of WWII ones have not had any news since a while. The first batch of WWII seem to be completely sold out except the SR variant.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Talked to Oxford today as they were showing the modern Warwell and asked why it didn’t have the wider deck. They say they never were going to do the wider deck which is a shame as the advert listed most alterations and said we are going to do many of these but not the warrior cradle!

Just for info if you’d waited like me expecting the extras ;)

post-6968-0-86814200-1543090398_thumb.jpeg

Talked to Oxford today as they were showing the modern Warwell and asked why it didn’t have the wider deck. They say they never were going to do the wider deck which is a shame as the advert listed most alterations and said we are going to do many of these but not the warrior cradle!

Just for info if you’d waited like me expecting the extras ;)

attachicon.gif72818331-C197-4114-8034-41BB407EF0A1.jpeg

A shame, I didn't invest too heavily in Hattons' expecting these to be along shortly thereafter and figured they'd save the trouble of modifying the deck. I'd stock up on the Hattons ones now but they're sold out.

What a shame they aren't doing the widened decks.

If we have to modify both the Oxford and Hattons ones, then it might be worth using the Oxford version as it is less expensive, and has a close coupling mechanism. It will depend on what the GPS bogies look like when they finally arrive. The Hattons GPS bogies are decidedly under scale.

• RMweb Premium

What happened to the Warwells with tanks on, did they sell out super quick? They seemed to go from pre order to out of stock everywhere almost over night, struggling to find one anywhere...

Edit: found a couple dotted around the internet

There were still plenty about a couple of weeks ago. I obtained one at the Romford exhibition (from Flair Rail) and John Duttfield also had some in stock. I was hoping to build up a rake of them but at £30-£35 each I gave up on the idea.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I talked to them at Warley about it and they abandoned the triple pack with revised decks, they’ll just be the normal deck with the modern bogies I’m afraid. No dates I’ve seen. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 2 months later...
On 27/05/2019 at 16:24, KDG said:

Airbraked Warwell is available now.  Without widened decks as indicated above.

The three I have bought all have faulty bogies, it appears to be a tooling error so probably affects all of them.

As you can see in the attached photos, on one side of the bogie the axle holes don't match the axlebox spacing, which makes the axles not parallel.

I will be returning them for a refund.

P_20190512_171139.jpg

P_20190512_171305.jpg

P_20190512_172321.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3