Oxford Rail Annouce 4-Wheel Toad

Edwardian

(cod Italian accent) 'My beautiful plan, she is all a-gone smash!'.

Now I've got a load of bits to find a creative use for! I can't help feeling that however bad the Oxford one is, it will be less inaccurate than my effort would have been!

• RMweb Gold

Now I've got a load of bits to find a creative use for! I can't help feeling that however bad the Oxford one is, it will be less inaccurate than my effort would have been!

Might be worth cobbling it up into a mess and tool or riding van with an enclosed verandah; shouldn't look too bad painted black and kept in a dark siding at the back of the layout.

Might be worth cobbling it up into a mess and tool or riding van with an enclosed verandah; shouldn't look too bad painted black and kept in a dark siding at the back of the layout.

A bit out of place in 1891 or 1905 though!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I e-mailed Hattons again, and the reply was:

"I've looked in to this for you and unfortunately we've not been provided with any updated release date information from Oxford.
We can chase them up to see if they can update us but unfortunately they tend to send information as and when they have it and not before."

Not very encouraging.

• RMweb Gold

I get the impression that this is the way Oxford work; they are not deliberately holding out on us and cannot themselves say for certain when the shipment will arrive or how long it will take to check and distribute, so are not going to pin their colours to the mast of any date with Hatton's or any other distributor.  Unfortunately, this can come across as if they are being obstructive and uncooperative.

• RMweb Gold

I get the impression that this is the way Oxford work; they are not deliberately holding out on us and cannot themselves say for certain when the shipment will arrive or how long it will take to check and distribute, so are not going to pin their colours to the mast of any date with Hatton's or any other distributor.  Unfortunately, this can come across as if they are being obstructive and uncooperative.

Very much like most others models being shipped from China - some manufacturers/commissioners tell us when they're expected within a sort of estimated period - often updated; some even tell us which ship the container is one so that we can follow it round the world; and some simply tell us the items have arrived.  but whichever applies we always have one very solid thing to fall back on - they'll be here once they've arrived, and not before.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Saw the post-1936 version at Warley today of the four-wheel Toad. Not good....

Probably good enough for my purposes, though (it it looks a bit like a toad and the livery/finish is ok, I'll be happy).  Hope they are in the shops soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The ends was the same as the 6w GWR Toad Brake Van... :(

Were we expecting anything else? I thought we knew that all they've done is drop out the middle wheel set (hence the footboard being as it is).

Edited by 57xx

• RMweb Gold

A certain south Midland model producer has spoken thus:-

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have decided to re-make the ever-popular Great Western brake van" 

"

We have upgraded the standard, and we are extremely confident the quality across all eight wheels will be of the highest order"

S.C. Rooge.

Edited by tomparryharry

• 1 month later...