Jeff P's photos from the 60's.

I've recently been, by a friend, given a load of old negatives. I was led to believe that they were mostly quite recent, at least blue diesel. My friend has no scanner so gave them me and asked me to scan them for him.

Today I got round to starting. I think I may have a treasure trove.

Here's the first:

post-13196-0-41010100-1485283235_thumb.jpg

Doncaster, and 36A B1 61326 waits in platform 3, at the head of a train for the south, 1963

• RMweb Premium

The last two is an articulated pair, not sure what types, but I would say still Gresleys...

That photo looks strangely familiar somehow. I'm sure I've seen something like it before, in an article about passenger train operations, but can't think where or when!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these shots!

Andy G

Thanks for the comments. I've now scanned about three quarters of what is there, some of the photos are of the man's family, car etc, so those are stored separately.

For today, we are still at Doncaster, 1963.

post-13196-0-96848700-1485364377_thumb.jpg

Deltic (later class 55) D9008, as yet unnamed, thunders north on the down main with a Pullman working.

Edited: it's on the down main, of course, not the up. Sorry.

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.

My thoughts are that maybe 61326 is about to work a day trip to the East Coast, given the motley collection of only 7 coaches.

61129 is more interesting because the loco sports class 4 fitted goods lamps. The non-vestibule vehicle behind the loco looks like E43142 which I think was a Kings Cross suburban vehicle; and maybe this is some form of ECS working to the London area.

Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.

My thoughts are that maybe 61326 is about to work a day trip to the East Coast, given the motley collection of only 7 coaches.

61129 is more interesting because the loco sports class 4 fitted goods lamps. The non-vestibule vehicle behind the loco looks like E43142 which I think was a Kings Cross suburban vehicle; and maybe this is some form of ECS working to the London area.

It's been suggested elsewhere that it might have been ex-works stock going home?

post-13196-0-94439300-1485519844_thumb.jpg

The new order at Doncaster, 1963, and southbound E-E type 4, (later class 40), waits with an up train.

The passengers on the platform and the railway staff all seem interested, there appears to be a photographer with some professional looking gear too.

The loco APPEARS to be D270

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifJ004.jpg

The new order at Doncaster, 1963, and southbound E-E type 4, (later class 40), waits with an up train.

The passengers on the platform and the railway staff all seem interested, there appears to be a photographer with some professional looking gear too.

The loco APPEARS to be D270

Seems like D270 liked her silver buffers - and has a nose end ladder in this earlier shot without warning panel

https://www.flickr.com/photos/andersley_images/16880933665/in/photolist-dAZ6BX-avFfJW-dxtUB2-btv3ne-djw42n-H8Xtg9-rHHcsr-AKHHT8-Gh2UVK-H3CBso

Smashing pics Jeff please share more if you have them

Phil

Bit of a panic yesterday when, half way through the day, my desktop decided to hang itself, and after a few minutes, suddenly gave me a screen with background photo...but NO ICONS!

And that was all she wrote........... :dontknow:

Of course, all the new photos are on there but not yet backed up :rtfm:

Thankfully, a friend of my eldest came round, set it first off to backup everything and then to do some sort of cleanup and we are working again this morning. Phew.

So, on to today.

post-13196-0-35223500-1485590908_thumb.jpg

post-13196-0-74621000-1485590894_thumb.jpg

Two shots of A4 60006 Sir Ralph Wedgewood as she rolls south on what appears to be a goods train. She is carrying a parcels, freight, or livestock headcode, all fitted and at this time was still allocated the 34A Kings Cross...but that was soon to change, some of her sister locos were already withdrawn.

Wow Jeff....that A4 looks like its on Cemflos!

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/cemflo

Do you know the date of that shot?

Phil

As far as I know, 1963, Phil, we assume pre-March, since all shots appear to have been taken on the same day and the first shot of the B1 on this series shows it pre-works visit. I went into the works in march that year.

First the bad news: my computer crashed big time over the weekend and has had to have a wipe and reinstallation of the o/s...now Windows 10.

The good news is that I had backed up all my photos, documents etc. I have only just got it back and need to re-install them, so please bear with me.

And the more bad news......the file containing all the photos, which took me hours on Photoshop to clean up and three days to scan in before that, ...hasn't transferred over. :scratchhead:

So there will now be an interlude until I can start it all again..........sigh.

Possibly just an engine change captured on film? The Thompson coach in the adjacent platform looks the same too..

JF

Maybe, but the engine change seems to have moved the stock a loco length down the platform.

Archived