New Partwork "Mill Town"

CathcartCircle

In the newsagent this morning picking up the morning rolls together with a OO LMS brake van for £2.99. It came with one of these partworks called Mill Town. Build your model railway in a 1930's setting. Similar to that one a couple of years ago when we all went crazy for the mark I coach. The van is pretty nice and reasonably detailed and definately worth the cost of the magazine! Get em while they are hot!

Edited by CathcartCircle

Sometimes they release them in certain parts of the country first as a test and then roll it out nationally if there is demand.

The Great British Locomotives was out in some places a year before the rest of us got them. First page of this thread shows that was first out in March 2013 with a launch in January 2014.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69535-great-british-locomotives/

Jason

Looks ok from the pics - I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

A few brakevans extra never go amiss!

It the chunk of track is similar to that handed out with the Mk1 coach a couple of years ago, all its fit for is under a model in a display cabinet...

The ones linked to on ebay above are a business seller with a business name 'Loch Lomond News' so they simply look to be a news agent selling magazines

Considering the free postage the price is not outrageous

I was thinking that. Especially if you live somewhere that doesn't have them locally.

Although it would probably be cheaper getting them directly from Hatchette.

Maybe it's a case of asking in your local newsagent to see if they can order/reserve one?

Jason

could not find anywhere locally. As I said nothing on Hachette website, but they do have copies of the Model Village magazine at half price, so don't pay over the top now as they will probably be available for a long time. If I see any I will probably buy more than one as brake vans are always useful. As I am planning a 1930s era layout, I will be interested to see what else appears. Suspect some of the Oxford Diecast vehicles will appear, and hopefully buildings more typical of a northern town.

could not find anywhere locally. As I said nothing on Hachette website, but they do have copies of the Model Village magazine at half price, so don't pay over the top now as they will probably be available for a long time. If I see any I will probably buy more than one as brake vans are always useful. As I am planning a 1930s era layout, I will be interested to see what else appears. Suspect some of the Oxford Diecast vehicles will appear, and hopefully buildings more typical of a northern town.

The layout is a northern mill town with a canal. There are several Oxford die cast cars advertised as coming. The layout looks better than the model village one! I would say as inspiration rather than the hundreds to make it with the magazine!

The layout is a northern mill town with a canal. There are several Oxford die cast cars advertised as coming. The layout looks better than the model village one! I would say as inspiration rather than the hundreds to make it with the magazine!

Advertised where?

The ones linked to on ebay above are a business seller with a business name 'Loch Lomond News' so they simply look to be a news agent selling magazines

Considering the free postage the price is not outrageous

If he's a news agent he should be selling them in his shop at rrp not scalping people online! In my view!