Sprog II loss of loco drive

dj_crisp

Hi

I've been happily programming decoders using a Sprog II (i think it's this version as I've had it for just over a year) but now have a small issue..... none of my locos have any drive. The lights and other functions all work, but none will move and I can program decoders. This is the same for any loco i try and includes ones that were working before.

The setup is a simple stand alone test track (as I don't have a working layout at present) running windows 7.

Clearly there is power to the track as the lights on the locos are working, but I'm now a bit lost.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Will

Hi WIll,

Please try this:

Open the SPROG console in DecoderPro

Open a throttle and set the address

Click the power control icon until it turns green

Move the throttle slider

Cut and paste the commands and messages from the console here, or send to us directly via e-mail

Andrew Crosland

SPROG-DCC

Hi Andrew

Thanks for replying so soon. Hopefully I've captured what you were after;

cheers

Will

cmd: " "
rep: "
P> "
cmd: "?"
rep: "

SPROG 3 Ver 2.5

P> "
cmd: "I"
rep: "I=00240
P> "
cmd: "M"
rep: "M=hBF00
P> "
cmd: "A 5029"
rep: "P> "
cmd: "-"
cmd: "+"
cmd: ">75"
rep: "!E6
P> 

The !E6 error says that he speed stepo is too high, I looks like the SPROG is in 14 step mode.

In the console again:

send the command 'm h800'

Then 'w'

This will reset the mode to 128 step and hopefully get you going again.

Andrew

Awesome.... that's sorted it. Many thanks for your help with getting me back programming :)

No problem. I am just ashamed I cannot deterrmine the cause of the occasional random mode change. It never happens "under laboratory conditions".

• RMweb Gold

No problem. I am just ashamed I cannot deterrmine the cause of the occasional random mode change. It never happens "under laboratory conditions".

I too have had it happen a couple of times. I don't recall doing anything to cause it. Nice though that Decoder Pro and Sprog enable one to identify the solution unike a certain really irritating computer problem I had last week.

Best wishes

Tony

No need to be ashamed.... my lab conditions is knackered old pc which only just manages to boot up and has been relegated to the garage just for programming locos and playing music. I'm sure I've had issues with a java update... had a period where it was crashing but has settled down.

I really rate my Sprog and the soft ware. For a start its user friendly and I wouldn't use DCC without it :)

Cheers

Will

Archived