CSP models

Craigw

WEBSITE - working again!

Well after a bit of jiggery pokery we have managed to get the site up and working, again!

For some reason it keeps expanding by itself and going over our limit. This causes it to crash and so far we can't see where the extra mega-bites are coming from nor even where they go to. They just keep growing and then it all comes to a grinding halt.

We are looking at a new provider and site but as those who know, it all takes time so we will keep going with what we have for now.

Any problems please let me know and I'll try my best to help.

Philip

For CSP Models

• Like 2

Hi Philip,

I know that work was proceeding under Roger's ownership to release the 4mm scale version of Didcot stalwart and Ex Cardiff Railway Kitson No. 1338, which is kind of a big hole in my locomotive collection. Is there any further news on this one at all please? Many thanks by the way for continuing to keep this great range alive for the benefit of all!

All the best,

Castle

Castle

Not good news I'm afraid. Stock sheets show - nil. Can't find any copy of build instructions or kit packing lists. No sign of the test build model either.

There is a box of 'bits' that I will have a rummage through when I can find time but it is not looking good at the moment.

Please bear with us but the crystal ball is looking very hazy at present.

Philip

for CSP Models

Castle

Not good news I'm afraid. Stock sheets show - nil. Can't find any copy of build instructions or kit packing lists. No sign of the test build model either.

There is a box of 'bits' that I will have a rummage through when I can find time but it is not looking good at the moment.

Please bear with us but the crystal ball is looking very hazy at present.

Philip

for CSP Models

Hi Philip,

No worries - I know someone on here has had a test etch to build the loco from Roger so the artwork and bits must exist but I totally understand that real life gets in the way of all of us lot playing trains! I hope something is unearthed as this could be quite a popular machine...

Best of luck with the company and its great you are keeping us all up to date here on RMWEB - most appreciated!

All the best,

Castle

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Philip,

No worries - I know someone on here has had a test etch to build the loco from Roger so the artwork and bits must exist but I totally understand that real life gets in the way of all of us lot playing trains! I hope something is unearthed as this could be quite a popular machine...

Best of luck with the company and its great you are keeping us all up to date here on RMWEB - most appreciated!

All the best,

Castle

I have a 1338 test etch and have sent a PM to Philip. I don't have any fittings though.

It is presently about 5th in the queue! There is a 7mm one being built in the blogs which is very interesting to follow

• 1 month later...

I was lucky to have had this (1367) built by my good friend, the late Roger Slade, hence the model is treasured.

It has since been weathered and looks so realistic ....

I just hope that the current owners of the 4mm Agenoria models, CSP models  Sanspareil will eventually sort all

the issues and continue to supply beautiful GWR kits -   I know that is what is wanted.

Roger built, 1144, 1143 , Earl of Mount Edgecumbe and the Sentinel for my collection over the years, many thanks. 

post-6510-0-98373100-1504904097_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 10 months later...

Ian

In my haste to get the kit in the box before Iain goes on holiday for two weeks I forgot to sort out the labels then realised I had not actually printed any!!!

Will try and get them in the post next week. The sprues contain more bits than you need as it is quicker and easier to put in a full one rather than cut bits off. As and when you get started please contact me if you need anything else or I have missed bits out. I've had to make up a packing list myself and not being a GWR man not certain if I've got everything right.

Any errors you find in the build instructions or suggestions for improvements will be most welcome.

I'll be at ExpoEM North and Wigan MRE's with the Cumbrian Railways Association stand if you or anybody else wants to meet face to face (let me know if I need body armour!).

Happy modelling

Philip

for CSP Models

Well!!!!

1361 Instructions are near enough complete. Need to start looking at stock and see what parts need ordering/casting.

1366 Instructions - written words look about finished but diagrams need lots of work to clean them up so is a bit further down the line, excuse the pun.

Hopefully after the school holidays and Telford GOG event (Iain will be working flat out on getting a new locomotive ready to launch there) I'll be in a position to move these and another kit a bit further forward. They have not been forgotten. Sorry it is not more positive news.

Philip

for CSP Models

I was holding out for the 1361 and 1366 kits from Roger when he sadly passed away.

So WHEN (hopefully not IF) they become available I will be purchasing at least one of each.

I've been reporting my interest in these kits in the Great Western Study Group Newsletter for some months now.

It will be good to change the record to one of received and building.

Regards

Ken

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can't believe how long it has been since I last posted on here. Fingers in far too many different pies. Just recovering from major surgery on my neck so have found time to look at this site at last. Can't do much in the way of heavy physical work so tapping on the keyboard is OK.

The business is till ticking over. Lots of work done on 7mm kits. Not enough on 4mm ones although ... a set of etches turned up the other week for a GWR 0-6-0PT. No instructions done yet. No idea what castings will be required but if our builder can find time to wield his soldering iron we will find out if the etches go together correctly, which will be a start!

Work has progressed well on another kit, that we know is wanted, in 7mm scale. Because of the unusual connecting rods we need to prove it first in the larger scale before trying to get it to work in 4mm. Nothing seems to be easy and it is also easy to get distracted in these strange times of the Covid 19 pandemic. Thought I'd have time to do some modelling but having to take on the role of head teacher and full time entertainer has put a stop to that idea. I'm just pleased the weather was so good for the first couple of months.

For those of you that model the GWR we have introduced a 4mm cast brass Spark Arrester Chimney. CSP52 and only £7 including p&p. Find it on the 4mm kits page at the bottom.image.png.0c768e4516a82c03c8fe2728bb4cc800.png

I'm also hoping to make some of the brass castings available separately from the kits. Peckett buffers and cab control bits have been suggested, so when I'm fully fit I'll see what I can do. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

I'm just putting together one of your 4mm 1361 kits and mostly so far it's going together pretty well,  but the instructions are a bit lacking in the correct orientation of the motor, as supplied in the kit from High Level kits. I have opted for for a horizontal motor,  that I hope will fit in the boiler.

I need to try and find time to amend all the instructions to read: 'fit to rear axle with motor pointing forward into boiler. You may need to remove parts of the supports (this depends on the kit) to get it t fit'.

I'll own up and say we have not tried to fit motor and gearbox to all of the kits but Chris Gibbon used his magic film, held against lots of them and said they should all be OK. Not had any complaints yet! 

Any issues please PM me.

• 1 year later...

KETTERING O gauge show Sat 5 March 2022.

Iain will be attending and have a number of kits from the former Zero Zephyr range available to purchase, including a Fireless model, along with loads of Lost & Foundry lost wax brass castings. There are also loads of packs of whitemetal parts and some brass ones for you to look through and make very sensible offers for them.

Profile milled couping rods. Limited stocks and when they're gone they will  not be available again, you have been warned! Couple of kit built French models to clear. 

All to be found on the Saspariel stand.

See you there.

P1070070s.jpg

P1070039s.jpg

P1070085s.jpg

P1070075s.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Doncaster O gauge show 11.6.22.

Iain is attending with a range of O gauge modles and accessories.

Lots of little boxes to search through. You'll need to ask about the new Lost and Foundrey castings that he has with him.

Full range of the GWR Locomotive kits available, including the 1366, at last!

Look at the model on the test track running up and down. Just to prove that it is almost complete and ready to launch. His latest kit that is the Rolls Royce of kits. You'll not get one as good as this to build. Runs like a dream. It will be going for haulage trials when it returns to Carlisle.

Can't make the show? Go to cspmodels.com for the complete range of available kits.

Philip