SNACK boxes are back at Ikea

Del

While browsing for something completely different, I noticed that SNACK boxes are back in stock at everyone's favourite Swedish home emporium.

They're available in 56x37x30cm at £17, 56x37x12cm at £14, 37x27x30cm at £12, 37x27x12cm at £10.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/storage-boxes-baskets/snack-box-plywood-galvanised-art-50259742/

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

While browsing for something completely different, I noticed that SNACK boxes are back in stock at everyone's favourite Swedish home emporium.

They're available in 56x37x30cm at £17, 56x37x12cm at £14, 37x27x30cm at £12, 37x27x12cm at £10.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/small-storage-organisers/storage-boxes-baskets/snack-box-plywood-galvanised-art-50259742/

That's big enough for several people's lunch never mind a snack.

I was wondering the same thing, but presume 'snack' has a different meaning in Swedish. Must have another meaning as translator assumes it is same word in English! 

Possibly a bit small, but using 2 with sides on only 2 sides so the pack together might be an option. In fact the 12cm high version might be even better.

Looks interesting. The largest size might just be useable for a boxed diorama tram layout .... The smallest size could replace agglomerations of shoeboxes currently storing various surplus buildings, with improved packing efficiency 

Lids are sold separately for a couple of quid

Thanks for this

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see the Snackbox back. It's been quite a while. The goods depot for Farthing was built in one of those. This is the large one, with the front removed and a fiddle yard on the side. The layout is built on a removeable foamboard base.

31992605973_6a71f579fa_c.jpg

gallery_738_870_22514.jpg

• Like 3

Nice to see the Snackbox back. It's been quite a while. The goods depot for Farthing was built in one of those. This is the large one, with the front removed and a fiddle yard on the side. The layout is built on a removeable foamboard base.

31992605973_6a71f579fa_c.jpg

gallery_738_870_22514.jpg

Useful pictures. I was wondering about how I might get a baseboard in , and handle wiring , point motors etc. That foamboard insert might be just the job.

And I'd completely forgotten that everything IKEA is a flatpack, and therefore sides etc could be worked on before assembly

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not in stock at the Nottingham store today, in fact the website is a bit vague about stock levels anywhere.

Never mind, came away with an ex-display 'Moppe' plywood drawer unit at half price, always fancied one but never sure what to do with it.... and some stuff for the house, which was the point in going!

Colin 

• Like 1

It's good they've brought these back, useful. Now if they brought the APA box back, I suspect quite a few might be happy.

The moppa drawers are useful I have a couple of them to go on the wall above my work desk when the living room rearrange is sorted out.

The stuva and trofast ranges in the children's area have potential as well. The trofast certainly make decent light cheap wall storage, with the tubs etc (I have several on the wall for DVDs (horizontal between two gnenby towers) and for craft storage with tubs. Bargains at £20-£29 for the small 3 cube/6 tub ones.

• 2 months later...

For the record , this is no longer showing on IKEA's website , and when I enquired at the nearest IKEA a couple of months back they knew nothing about it.

(So if I contemplate a boxed tram diorama , I'll have to do some woodwork. And my local timber merchant closed down at the end of last November)

• RMweb Gold

Ikea? Kent is distinctly free of Ikea stores.

Stephen.

Just found one if the best reasons to live in Kent! Probably why I enjoy my time in Cornwall so much - devoid of most big names and has KMRC about five miles away :-)

Roy

• Like 1

Ikea? Kent is distinctly free of Ikea stores.

Stephen.

Tell that to those stuck in a tailback approaching the Dartford Crossing because of the traffic into Bluewater , where there is an IKEA store.... (It's closer to you than my nearest IKEA , which is why I was a bit frustrated when I drew a blank on this one  a couple of months back. Fortunately I had some other business to transact in the same general area)

Tell that to those stuck in a tailback approaching the Dartford Crossing because of the traffic into Bluewater , where there is an IKEA store.... (It's closer to you than my nearest IKEA , which is why I was a bit frustrated when I drew a blank on this one  a couple of months back. Fortunately I had some other business to transact in the same general area)

That is one reason I am glad I no longer live down that way. It used to be a nightmare at various times around there even before Bluewater got as popular as it is now.

Ikea do not list one at Bluewater, only in Essex at Lakeside, I could go by bus, but why? Most Ikea stuff is somewhat utilitarian and does not appeal to me anyway.....A day out to Ikea.... Urhhh!!

Stephen.