Proposed Liphook U3A "Build a Model Railway 2017" group

Wintonian

BUILDING A MODEL RAILWAY 2017

I have previously run several  12 weekly session tutorials on a similar subject for the local U3A , as a member of and with help of the Liphook & District Model Railway Club in 2011-14.

This is a new format, not involving the club, where, spread over around 12 monthly sessions of 2 to 3 hours each, I will build a small model railway layout for exhibition. The group will follow my progress in the construction process both at the actual sessions but also in picture or video form via my website in between sessions 

See www.millandvalleyrailway.co.uk for preliminary details.

This is aimed at members of Liphook U3A and other local area U3A's in Petersfield, Woolmer Forest, Haslemere etc

The group needs 6/10 members to make it worthwhile. 

The group will be " launched" at the Liphook U3A Open Day on Monday 13th March at Liphook Millennium Hall, 2-10 Ontario Way, Liphook GU30 7LD

14.00-16.00

If we get sufficient numbers it is hoped to have the first session in April

• 2 months later...

Only just over 24 hours to the first session of Liphook U3A's "Building a Model Railway Group"

The first session is on Wednesday 19th April.

If there are any other U3A's* with similar special interest groups I would like to hear from them to exchange experiences.

Similarly if anybody is thinking of setting up such a group

Looking forward to hearing from any fellow U3A* railway modellers!

*(University of the Third Age)

Edited by Wintonian

• 2 years later...

The groups name was changed in 2019 to the Milland Valley Railway Modellers but it is still an afternoon special interest group of Liphook U3A and Midhurst U3A on the West Sussex/Hampshire border

The first two meetings of 2020 will be at Redford Village Hall GU29 0QF on the third Wednesday of January and February fom 14.00hrs to 17.00hrs 

From March the frequency, dates and location of meetings changes. Frequency changes from 9 to 12 meetings a calendar year. Dates change to 2nd Wednesday afternoon of each month from 14.00hrs to 17.00hrs

Location moves to a private address in Milland. Membership of one of the following local U3A's - Liphook, Midhurst, Haslemere, Petersfield or Woolmer Forest (Whitehill/Bordon) is required