Dapol pendolino drive shafts

Hiya folks .can anyone suggest a supplier of a replacement drive spindle for a Dapol 00 gauge pendolino motor coach please...

Although I have similar unit produced by Hornby ( vastly different drive system ) I would like to get this old Dapol unit moving again .it works OK and just needs a spindle !!!

I have already tried DCC concepts and also peters spares who sadly cannot supply!!!

Any help as to alternative shafts, length , diameter etc would be very helpful..

Thanks in advance

Allan

Revieved communication today from Dapol .regrettably spares of any kind for this model ceased to be available some ten years ago so I am told !!!

Any help towards companies that may be able to supply an alternative spindle would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Allan

• 3 years later...
On 09/02/2017 at 19:08, meil said:

Picking up an old thread... I've just tried to revive my Dapol Pendolino after a long time in storage, and it has kindly shredded the drive joints on the bogie.

Only the Ultrascale link seems to be active, did anyone successfully repair this and /or any other suppliers available? For the Ultrascale one, which option and dimensions fit the Pendolino? Thanks in advance. 

To add after further inspection, I only need the universal joints at the bogie end - the bits that attach to the worm drive. I've rescued the remains of the plastic and may be able to fix with strong glue, but that's a last resort. 

I'm assuming the worm drive is common to other Dapol models which may make a solution easier, so any assistance will be gratefully received! 

• 1 month later...

I think I might have the same problem since getting my layout running during last year's furlough. Dapol Pendo now just sits and whines with no forward / backward movement.

But I can't figure out how to remove the body to look inside. I'm guessing there's clips along the side but how many and where are they?

I think part of my problem might have been when I was trying to run a full 9-car set - it's far too heavy for one motor. Has anybody successfully managed to remove some weight from the carriages?

Any help will be appreciated. 

Graham