Plastikote Suede Returns

• RMweb Gold

If you get stuck Mike, I'd be happy to. Assuming aerosols in the hold baggage won't cause me to get the "rubber glove" treatment at Alicante aeropuerto...

"Plees come into thees room Sir, we need to eenspect your aerosol"

I've used it a lot.

attachicon.gifjpg418.jpg

attachicon.gifInset_track_line_h.jpg

attachicon.gifFeature23r.jpg

Best stock up!

Andy

Apologies for replying to a several month old post, but the second pic looks like it's from a step by step guide. Did you do a write up for this? If so could you point me the right direction? The cracking and tire marks look really effective.

Thanks

Whereas Suede gives a finish like fine abrasive paper, Stone has a much more coarse texture. The finish is slightly lumpy. I've never found a modelling use for it, maybe others have.

Whereas Suede gives a finish like fine abrasive paper, Stone has a much more coarse texture. The finish is slightly lumpy. I've never found a modelling use for it, maybe others have.

Thank you.  I think I'll give the stone a miss but might try the 'terracotta' for roof tiles and brickwork.

During the "drought" when Suede was unavailable, I purchased a can of the Plasikote stone effect paint. As Arthur says, nothing like it at all... very lumpy indeed. The one use that I could perhaps see for it would have been an unmade dirt road. It would have needed plenty of weathering to give it the right colour, but even then the largest "lumps" would have represented small boulders. I gave it a miss in the end. About a year later, I found the little test piece of plastic sheet that I'd used the stone paint on. With nothing better to do, I sanded it back with various grades of sandpaper, starting with a quite coarse 60 grit. A few minutes work and it would have made a good representation of render, so I may hang onto the can and try that on a building one day.

If you get stuck Mike, I'd be happy to. Assuming aerosols in the hold baggage won't cause me to get the "rubber glove" treatment at Alicante aeropuerto...

Unfortunately under IATA rules , aerosols of paint are considered " dangerous goods " and not to be carried I believe in hold or carry on

Unfortunately under IATA rules , aerosols of paint are considered " dangerous goods " and not to be carried I believe in hold or carry on

Ah. Thanks Rob. I didn't know that. From British Airways (below) but I'm assuming all airlines adhere to the same policy. It looks like I needn't have feared the rubber gloves at destination, the paints would just have been confiscated at departure. Plan B...?

Forbidden from both hold and cabin.

Explosives and flammable substances and devices that can be used (or appear capable of being used) to cause serious injury or to pose a threat to the safety of an aircraft, are completely forbidden, including:

ammunition (unless we've approved carriage - see guidance for guns, firearms and ammunition)

blasting caps

detonators and fuses

replica or imitation explosive devices

mines, grenades and other explosive military stores

fireworks and other pyrotechnics, e.g. Chinese lanterns, party poppers/sparklers, etc. (see guidance for Christmas crackers below)

smoke-generating canisters or cartridges

dynamite, gunpowder and plastic explosives

petrol

lighter fuel, lighter refills, 'Strike anywhere' matches, 'Blue flame' or 'Cigar' lighters (see guidance for cigarette lighters and safety matches below)

paints (excl. water-based artist paints or artists' oil paints), solvents, varnish, etc.

liquid oxygen systems (see guidance for oxygen cylinders required for medical use)

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold