C=Rail= Intermodal N Gauge Pocket wagon

arran

=C=Rail= Intermodals Next project is a departure from just containers and will be offering it first RTR wagon in N Gauge

The KQA/KTA wagons were another type specifically intended to permit the carriage of 9ft 6in tall containers within the UK loading gauge. With a distinctive slab-sided design, the wagons were initially given RIV numbers, but being used only on domestic Freightliner services, were later renumbered into the private-owner series. The method of carrying containers earned them the nickname Pocket wagons.

Loadable Deck Length: 40 feet, capable of carrying 20, 30 and 40 foot containers.

Tare Weight (Tons): 23 tonnes
Carrying Capacity (Tons): 67 tonnes

The development of the wagon is at an early stage and will go hand in hand with the new 40ft hc containers, the wagon if all goes o plan will be available for sale in the first quarter of 2018.

We are proposing to offer 2 wagons with containers and one empty.

The website will be updated in the next month or so to you can place advanced orders at an introductory price, this has yet to be finally worked out due to currency fluctuations but anyone pre-ordering will get there’s at the advertised price.

The containers will be NYK Logistics and OOCL .

post-530-0-13151500-1486840173_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hallo,

Will these be the same as ATM version from a few years ago?

es grüßt

pc

Hello PC,

They are both models of the same wagon, but the C-Rail version is a completely new tooling. The ATM version was cast resin with etched metal details and plastic bogies, and hand built, whereas the C-Rail model is factory-produced and fully injection-moulded with some wire pipework and, I believe, a cast metal pocket base for weight.

It is interesting that the ATM model was £35 when new in 2005, whereas the C-Rail model is £25 now. I think it represents great value!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hello PC,

They are both models of the same wagon, but the C-Rail version is a completely new tooling. The ATM version was cast resin with etched metal details and plastic bogies, and hand built, whereas the C-Rail model is factory-produced and fully injection-moulded with some wire pipework and, I believe, a cast metal pocket base for weight.

It is interesting that the ATM model was £35 when new in 2005, whereas the C-Rail model is £25 now. I think it represents great value!

Cheers

Ben A.

Hallo Ben,

Thanks for the reply,

so I'll have to buy a few to compare!

es grüßt

pc

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All,

These are showing as in stock (well the one with NYK containers is-didn't check the others).

Does this reflect the true status of manufacture progress and, if not, what is the progress so far please.

I have bought and paid for two of these (order 1115)....and looking forward to receiving them at some stage in the near future.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Arran,

Any update - we are soon heading into Autumn.....

Thanks

Tony

HI All

Its gone for tooling is the update, but the lesson is next time i do something more complected you will see plastic before i take orders .

Regards Arran

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Arran,

Samples look good, just wondering if there were any updates on the project at all? 

Cheers

Tim

HI All

Second tooling samples will be getting decorated very soon i hope .

also the artwork for the containers is in the process for the NYK and OOCL that go in the wagons, and the ONE and Hapag lloyds 40ft hc containers that will be available on there own through C Rail and Revolution 

Regards Arran

• Like 1