C=Rail= Intermodal N Gauge Pocket wagon

arran

• 5 months later...

I've just umboxed my two pocket wagons for the first time. One of them is perfect, but on the second one the bogie falls out. The plastic retaining lug doesn't sit tight in the pivot hole. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple fix that I can perform at home? I'm reluctant to post it back in the current situation, feels like an unnecessary visit to the post office.

Thanks

2 hours ago, ash39 said:

I've just umboxed my two pocket wagons for the first time. One of them is perfect, but on the second one the bogie falls out. The plastic retaining lug doesn't sit tight in the pivot hole. 

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple fix that I can perform at home? I'm reluctant to post it back in the current situation, feels like an unnecessary visit to the post office.

Thanks

HI

I've not seen that happen to any but thats not to say it cant , try a small spot of glue to see if that holds the pin.

If thats not a success just get it back to me , but contact me through the website first to say its on the way back

Regards Arran

13 minutes ago, ash39 said:

I considered that but won't it just lock the bogie in a fixed position?

just put a little in the hole the pin goes in , if it works great if not i can easily exchange it.

Regards Arran

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, ash39 said:

I considered that but won't it just lock the bogie in a fixed position?

I have had this problem in the past (with Farish and NGS models, not Arran’s pocket wagons) and found the simplest solution is a tiny blob of blu-tac in the hole, then push the retaining pin in.  All you want to do is stop it dropping out, after all.  It also means you can easily remove the bogie in future if you need to.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good to see a new run of these produced and now available to purchase. Missed out the first time round so snapped a couple up at GETS. Impressive models!

294731973_crailktaa.jpg.8a34fcc9c39fccb6f48550c3b542c535.jpg

Tom. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1