Pontypridd Model Railway Club Show , 22 April,

valleymodeller

I just posted the following on the exhibitions section of the forum.

This year's event will take place on Saturday 22 April at our usual venue, Llantwit Fardre Community Centre, Crown Hill, Llantwit Fardre, CF38 2NA. Admission £3 all classes (up to two children free with paying adult).

Exhibitors are as follows:

Layouts

Trevanna Dries                    EM   Clay in Cornwall                                 Wayne  Crowley

Rosamund Street                OO    BR 1970s  Freight yard.                    Brian Rolley     (due to appear in Model Rail April 2017)

Bishops Way                      OO    BR(S) Electrics                                   John Rance

Moose Creek                    HO    Canada in the Snow                          Brian Tucker

Forest Gate Parkway          OO   Modern Image                                   Graham Mann   (due to appear in BRM Magazine April 2017)

St Kenvince                        OO   Sector Era                                          Nick Warren

Llandre                                N     Continuous run in 'N'                         Keith Matthews

Buggleskelly                       OO  GWR Branch Line                               Adrian Moses/ Cynon Valley Modellers

Blenheim Road                   OO  BR(S) Steam/Diesel/Electric               Reg Owens/ Pontypridd MRC

Pen Darren                          OO BR(W) Branch & Colliery                     Porthcawl MRC

Jedbach                              Hoe  Austrian narrow gauge                     Bill Thomas/Pontypridd MRC

Expressly Eastern               OO  Hornby Dublo 3 rail                           Chris Cheney

Unnamed                            N    'n' gauge steam                                 Rhondda MRC

Trade

Lord and Butler (incl 'Dirty Boy Weathering'       Cardiff

MIB Models        (incl demonstration and demo layout of 3D models)  Porthcawl

Tallyllyn Preservation Society 

Club sales stand

Demonstrations

Project22Society           Stand to promote the rebuilding of a NBL Class 22 locomotive.

Narrow Gauge Kit building      Jim Edwards /Pontypridd MRC

3D kit building by MIB Models Porthcawl as part off their trade stand, examples of bridges and stock built by Alan Jenkins' 3D printing

Refreshments

Limited refreshments available on the day, Bacon Rolls, sandwiches, tea , coffee etc.

A few of these layouts were at the Small Cardiff Show in January so if you liked them there please come along to us.

As stated two of these layouts will be appearing in the Model Press April editions, which should be out just before the show, so an ideal opportunity to see these 'in the flesh'

All exhibits subject to change (the curse of the cancellation!)

13 layouts plus 1 demo layout, 2 exhibitors and 2 Trade Stands for £3 I think offers good value.

I will post some links from RMWeb to some of the listed layouts later. And add some photos for some others.

Any questions please ask.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Rob, how about you exhibiting for next year?

Tony

I would be very pleased to, Tony. Pencil me in.

Thank you.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Work allowing,Tony. I will be popping in........if only to make sure Rolley is behaving...

Rob..

And a couple of shots showing Rosamund Street (Low Level) Sidings.

Pontypridd looks to be its' penultimate outing.

See you there.

Brian R

Thanks for the photos Brian. Looking good. The double spread spending pages of the article in Model Rail are particularly splendid! 

May I copy these and put them in the thread I have in the exhibitions section please?

With Paul's, yours and Graham Mann's all in mags in the last month it's a good time of S Wales modellers. And Bob Masterman's photos on FB too.

Tony

Thanks for the photos Brian. Looking good. The double spread spending pages of the article in Model Rail are particularly splendid! 

May I copy these and put them in the thread I have in the exhibitions section please?

With Paul's, yours and Graham Mann's all in mags in the last month it's a good time of S Wales modellers. And Bob Masterman's photos on FB too.

Tony

Feel free Tony

Brian

PS

Tomorrow afternoon,

"I'll be there, I'll be there !"

• 1 month later...

A week to go gents... Are we all ready?

Hoping to have one or two new items of stock appear on Trevanna which I couldn't get ready in time for Cardiff. To find out what they are you'll just have to stick around and watch for a while.

Cheers,

A week to go gents... Are we all ready?

Hoping to have one or two new items of stock appear on Trevanna which I couldn't get ready in time for Cardiff. To find out what they are you'll just have to stick around and watch for a while.

Cheers,

Hi Wayne, I was going to contact you re setting up for the Show. Set up is between 4pm and 8pm on the Friday, and from 8 am on the Saturday, opening time is 10 am but people arrive before this time. hopefully I will have to hold back the hordes of visitors. most are setting up on the Friday but Brian T and Lord & Butler are coming Saturday am.

It was great to see Brian Rolley's Rosamund Street in last months' Model Rail, and Graham Mann's Forest Gate Parkway in the Spring (last month's) BRM mag. Please come and see them in the 'flesh'

Tony

See you there

Tony,

Setting up Saturday morning will have to do for me as I don't finish work till 5pm, only takes about 20mins or so to set up anyway. I've not exhibited at this one before, what is the parking like for setting up and is there parking for exhibitors or do we just share a car park?

Cheers

I've not exhibited at this one before, what is the parking like for setting up and is there parking for exhibitors or do we just share a car park?

There's a pretty big car park Wayne; you shouldn't have a problem parking reasonably close to the door(s).......

Due to grandfatherly commitments, I'll probably be setting up Friday.

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Tony,

Setting up Saturday morning will have to do for me as I don't finish work till 5pm, only takes about 20mins or so to set up anyway. I've not exhibited at this one before, what is the parking like for setting up and is there parking for exhibitors or do we just share a car park?

Cheers

Looks like you are leaving yourself an unusually healthy length of time to arrive and set up, Wayne. Careful, you won't know what to do with yourself......

See you there...

Rob

Tony,

Cheers

Everyone piles in together! Get there early. Mind you with that massive layout I wouldn't want you carrying it too far! The car park gets full with just the exhibitors, some layouts have about 6 helpers!! I'm hoping for a good turnout so we may cause traffic chaos......hopefully for our coffers.

• RMweb Gold

Wayne, Don't forget to apply the nice thick coat of black anti-vandal paint just before you leave the house.......

Archived