Pontypridd Model Railway Club Show , 22 April,

valleymodeller

Wayne, Don't forget to apply the nice thick coat of black anti-vandal paint just before you leave the house.......

Haha! It's funny you should say that as I've been contemplating revamping the fascia for a while, but I'm undecided on whether to keep the black or brighten it up a bit with a blue one. Blue would certainly be in-keeping with the clay theme.

• RMweb Gold

Haha! It's funny you should say that as I've been contemplating revamping the fascia for a while, but I'm undecided on whether to keep the black or brighten it up a bit with a blue one. Blue would certainly be in-keeping with the clay theme.

Hi, Wayne. I use card from the Range cut to size and glued with PVA to the fascia board. Quite cheap for a large sheet as well.

Rob.

post-14122-0-26690900-1492454892_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Less than 24 hours to opening of our Show, and the responses so far has been good, and I am expecting a good turn out. Most layouts will be setting up tonight, with 3 to come early tomorrow morning plus the two traders, Lord & Butler and MIB Models.

We have 13 layouts including Forest Green Parkway which was in Spring BRM and Rosamund Street which was in April's Model Rail, plus a further 11 layouts and just £3 entry. So if you are local or just in the area pop in and say hello.

Rosamund Street.html

Well the car has been unloaded and the post show curry has just been ordered...

Thanks to Tony (ValleyModeller) for the invite, it's a show I haven't been to for quite some time but I enjoyed myself. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to chat and watch the comings and goings of a small China Clay works in rural Cornwall.

Too many names to mention but it was great to catch up with so many people and meet some new ones, if I didn't get chance to stop and chat to anyone my sincere apologies - Highlight for me was getting to meet Bob Masterman, what a cracking bloke!

I managed to grab some quick snap shots and I'll post those later.

Cheers,

Wayne - Works Manager Trevanna ECC Group (Clay Drying Division)

• Like 2

In wind down mode today after yesterday. No major problems with the layout, just a broken rail to fix within the first hour of the show.

I popped along to the lineside hoping to catch 37196 on the local clay trip but the booked loco was 37670 again, still looking quite clean after release from conversion - already underlined that one in the book. rolleyes.gif

post-6773-0-11452100-1492936248.jpg

As promised some quickly grabbed shots of some other exhibits.

St Kevince

post-6773-0-00194200-1492936655.jpg

3rd rail layout - didn't get the name sorry.

post-6773-0-15011200-1492936702.jpg

The excellent Moose Creek by Brian Tucker - a cracking layout.

post-6773-0-98605500-1492936804.jpg

Forest Gate Parkway.

post-6773-0-51023000-1492936863.jpg

And finally Rosamund Street by Brian Rolley - thanks for letting me have a play, my second time driving this layout.

post-6773-0-86421500-1492936974.jpg

Sorry if I missed any, but I had to get back to my own.

Once again a nice little show to be at, I would happily exhibit there again. And of course no exhibition is complete without a nice curry.

post-6773-0-94053000-1492936279.jpg

Cheers

In wind down mode today after yesterday. No major problems with the layout, just a broken rail to fix within the first hour of the show.

I popped along to the lineside hoping to catch 37196 on the local clay trip but the booked loco was 37670 again, still looking quite clean after release from conversion - already underlined that one in the book. rolleyes.gif

attachicon.giftrev at ponty 2017.jpg

As promised some quickly grabbed shots of some other exhibits.

St Kevince

attachicon.gifSt Kevince.jpg

3rd rail layout - didn't get the name sorry.

attachicon.gif3rd rail layout.jpg

The excellent Moose Creek by Brian Tucker - a cracking layout.

attachicon.gifmoose creek.jpg

Forest Gate Parkway.

attachicon.gifforest gate parkway.jpg

And finally Rosamund Street by Brian Rolley - thanks for letting me have a play, my second time driving this layout.

attachicon.gifrosamund st.jpg

Sorry if I missed any, but I had to get back to my own.

Once again a nice little show to be at, I would happily exhibit there again. And of course no exhibition is complete without a nice curry.

attachicon.gifpost show curry.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for the photos Wayne > I'll be out them on the main exhibitions thread if I may? I too had a curry when I got home, it looks remarkably like that one!!

Tony

We had a great day at our show. Attendance was ever so slightly up on last year and the Club has benefited from some much needed income, income that keeps afloat our small club.

I would like to thank all the exhibitors and traders, and visitors for their help and being involved in such a good day.

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

No problems on using the photos if they're credited.

I thoroughly enjoyed exhibiting at your little show so do keep me in mind for next time.

Haha! Having a curry after a show is a tradition I have, and I'm sure there are many who do likewise.

Hi Tony,

No problems on using the photos if they're credited.

I thoroughly enjoyed exhibiting at your little show so do keep me in mind for next time.

Haha! Having a curry after a show is a tradition I have, and I'm sure there are many who do likewise.

Forgot to credit you Wayne, but will do so now!

Tony

"Bally good show"

Really enjoyable, light hearted day out.

Thanks to 'valleymodeller' and the Ponty Club.

Bob Masterman captured the highlights on the following short video.

WARNING - the opening interview should only be viewed after the watershed !

Brian R

• Like 1